Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Level

Sarah Wayne Callies / Lori Grimes LOVE thread (No hate)

Okay, I realize that there aren't many Lori fans. But I'm sure a few of you are lurking in the shadows here. I was never a huge fan of the character, but I enjoyed watching her, simply because I adore the hell out of Sarah Wayne Callies. I sincerely feel that she is one of the strongest actors the show has ever had. She's also incredibly smart, witty, funny, charming, and SO sweet to her fans. I'd love to see her celebrated a bit more, as I think she's terribly underappreciated.

I always loved the Lori/Carl scenes. The actors had such great chemistry together.

SWC fans and Lori fans - Come out, come out, wherever you are!
    Last edited by Seamonsters; September 18th, 2014 at 10:21 PM.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Level
    I actually loved Lori. I always felt she was a misunderstood woman caught in a bad situation. Sure, she made what some could see as "bad" decisions, but in those moments, those were the only options, imo.

LOVE LOVE TO LORI :)

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Level
    Not a fan of Lori but I do like Sarah! She is such a good actress and very pretty :)

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    Level
    I've come to appreciate Lori a lot more in retrospect. I didn't feel that way while she was alive, but I do now. Plus her user rank is hilarious and I kind of want it. lol

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Level
    Here I am ....

The reason I started watching TWD was due to SWC being a major character. I became a fan when watched her in Prison Break. I didn't know about Rick, Carl, Daryl - any of the other characters when I started watching the series in Season 3. Of course after I watched the first episode in 3 - I binge watched Seasons 1 and 2 before the 2nd episode of 3 aired.

I wanted to see her in this role. I love her acting. She didn't always get the best story arc - like Carol if I may so so - but what she was handed, she made it believable. I could go on and on but I'm just going to say Lori's death scene, the interaction between she and Carl is some powerful acting.

I've never met her but have watched many interviews. She is articulate, authentic, intelligent and I would love to meet her.

I know you met her @Seamonsters. What a treat for you!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Level
    I loved Lori, I miss her, and I'm still pissed she was killed off. She made mistakes just like everyone else on the show and I didn't like her reaction to Rick after he killed Shane. But she realized she was wrong and tried to fix it. I was rooting so hard for her and Rick to work things out and then they brutally took her from him and Carl and I've probably never sobbed so hard over a show before. I actually hoped that Carl didn't really shoot her and by some miracle she survived until someone would find her. It was foolish, I know, but that's how unwilling I was to accept her death. I thought Lori was so sweet, caring, gentle, soft spoken and good hearted. I'm really baffled as to why so few people liked Lori. She was hard not to like, imo.

One thing I was thankful for, was how she did not struggle with feelings for both Rick and Shane, but was decisive and made it clear from the start where she stood. Her choosing her husband seems like an obvious choice, but I've seen too many shows/movies with wishy-washy women who didn't know what they wanted and that drives me crazy, so I'm glad they didn't portray her that way. I found her relatable, as the mother of a boy close to Carl's age. I also related to her when she went out driving to find her man. Yeah, it was impulsive and stupid, but I could see myself doing the same thing to find a loved one. And I loved how she she brought up realistic and honest questions after Carl was shot, when she was questioning if they even wanted Carl to live in that kind of world. She sounded like she was losing faith, but I saw a tremendous amount of hope and faith in her when she made the, understandably difficult, decision to let her baby live and then died to bring her into the world and give her a chance. She had faith that they would overcome that world. She was such a strong woman.

As for the actress, I have thought many times how great her acting was on the show, though I have not seen her in anything else that I know of. I got excited when I found out she was in that storm movie that just came out and I really want to see it. She is a great actress and seems like a sweet and down to earth woman in real life.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Level
    i always liked lori... the love triangle thing was silly and over-exaggerated but i still liked her. i'm one of those weirdos who loved andrea though lol. also thought SWC did a great job, not a fan of CR but they had good chemistry in their scenes.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Level
    I always liked Lori. The world was falling apart around her, she thought her husband was dead, and she had a hot, strong man to cling to...she really did nothing wrong. Once the truth came out, she rightfully chose her husband. Why she was so hated was beyond me.

When I first joined this forum in December 2012, my very first signature was "I am the 1%...of Lori fans."

And I did have a girl crush on SWC. She's beautiful.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Level
    I Liked Lori. :)
    Her story was interesting and I would've loved to see more of her. Her death was great, but I feel they could've done more with her character before killing her.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Level
    Loved Lori. I rarely agree with Kirkman but this is pretty spot on-

"Looking back, does it surprise you how vilified Lori and Andrea were? Is that something youíre mindful of as you write for and create new female characters?
    It was surprising and disheartening, in Loriís case especially. I feel like the infidelity turned a lot of people against her from very early on, so whatever she did from that point on was suspect and made people dislike her. As writers, we felt that the infidelity was fairly justified. It was the end of the world, she thought Rick had died, Shane lied to her a little bit and let her believe that more than she should have. I always viewed her as more of a victim than anything else in that situation. Itís odd sometimes to see how the audience perceives certain things. Itís something weíre certainly trying to be mindful of more in the writers' room, how female characters interact with male characters, and what the potential for the audience is to misinterpret things the female characters are doing. Itís a pretty big danger in television writing. You look at Skyler inBreaking Bad and you think, No, guys. She was the one who was right. I understand that the show is trying to get you behind Walt, but itís not supposed to get you so behind him that you hate everyone who disagrees with him."

The part about her being a victim of the situation is very accurate. I feel like she picked herself up and was trying to cope with it all.

And her death was emotional, one of the few times I've cried during the show. SWC gave her all during her speech to Carl and it's one of the best scenes of the show

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast