Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level

The New Walking Dead Spin-Off Characters

Yahoo just posted a list of the characters to be found on the new TWD: 2.0 spinoff series:

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/walking-de...155455381.html .
    including a new Andrea!

SEAN CABRERA | A Latino male in his early 40s, Sean is a good man trying to do right by everyone in his life.

CODY CABRERA | Seanís whip-smart and rebellious teenage son. Known as the angriest kid in town.
    NANCY TOMPKINS | A thirtysomething single mom to two kids, Nancy looks like the girl next door, but thereís an edge to her.
    NICK TOMPKINS | Nancyís screwed up teenage son. Heís too old to stay home, too scared to flee.
    ASHLEY TOMPKINS | Nancyís mostly level-headed teenage daughter. Her ambition is in direct proportion to her older brotherís failures. She loves her mom but itís time to get out of Dodge.
    ANDREA CHAPMAN | A somewhat wilted flower child, fortysomething Andrea ó yep, another Andrea! ó has retreated to the outskirts of the city to recover after a horrible marriage.

It is rumored to be a prequel of sorts... What do you all think? Is it too similar to the original series (i.e. Rick, Carl, etc.).

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by QuincyM.E. View Post
    Yahoo just posted a list of the characters to be found on the new TWD: 2.0 spinoff series:

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/walking-de...155455381.html .
    including a new Andrea!

SEAN CABRERA | A Latino male in his early 40s, Sean is a good man trying to do right by everyone in his life.

CODY CABRERA | Sean’s whip-smart and rebellious teenage son. Known as the angriest kid in town.
    NANCY TOMPKINS | A thirtysomething single mom to two kids, Nancy looks like the girl next door, but there’s an edge to her.
    NICK TOMPKINS | Nancy’s screwed up teenage son. He’s too old to stay home, too scared to flee.
    ASHLEY TOMPKINS | Nancy’s mostly level-headed teenage daughter. Her ambition is in direct proportion to her older brother’s failures. She loves her mom but it’s time to get out of Dodge.
    ANDREA CHAPMAN | A somewhat wilted flower child, fortysomething Andrea — yep, another Andrea! — has retreated to the outskirts of the city to recover after a horrible marriage.

It is rumored to be a prequel of sorts... What do you all think? Is it too similar to the original series (i.e. Rick, Carl, etc.).
    For some of them yes, especially Sean and Cody. The description of Sean seems way too similar to Rick and the description of Cody seems to much like Carl (minus the angriest kid part). Other than that, nothing seems very similar to things from Walking Dead 1.0.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    I wonder if it will take place on the west coast this time last names sound mexican for the father and son.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Level
    I still don't like this spin-off idea, and after this character reading, even less.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    Christ2010, I agree they do seem similar. I guess if you have a formula that works, why deviate? I think it is funny that they named another 40ish female as Andrea. Hopefully, this Andrea works out a little better than the original series version. They also seemed to be focused on adolescents for a large component of the primary group. I would have liked to have seen some diversity among the primary cast. I am curious what location the spin-off series is going to be set in. I guess that we will find out. Thanks.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level
    Sounds fucking ridiculous.

My head will explode if anyone says they are re-adapting comic Andrea.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level
    Thanks for posting this @QuincyM.E. ! Moved to General Show Discussion since the spinoff info is here:)

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level
    And boy did they sure use the 'generic name generator' to name those characters.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Level
    "Spin off" used in this article when it's clearly been called a "companion" piece. "Fresh meet" instead of "Fresh meat". Stuff like this makes my head explode.

Gripes aside, I will watch this.

TX @QuincyM.E. for posting this!

I'll be interested in the casting of these characters. Lou Diamond Phillips comes to mind but he will be 53 in February. A little long in the tooth perhaps for the Sean Cabrera character.

OT: My favorite "Cabrera" is Miguel (Miggy) - Go Tigers!

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Level
    Oh Jesus. I can already foresee the kids being the most irritating thing about the whole show. "Rebellious teenage son"? When the fuck does that ever turn into a tolerable character?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast