Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level

Daryl's role in ASZ theory! (Some COMIC spoilers)

My speculation has been running wild lately and I honestly I am warming up to ideas of future arcs for Daryl (mostly because I feel like it fits better for his character rather than Rick's in this current arc).

When the group reaches:

Alexandria Safe-Zone in the comics, they are all given jobs. Rick and Michonne become constables/cops. I think that Daryl will take the place of Michonne in this arc mostly because it fits better for his character arc. It will also be a nice nod to Rick's original RIGHT HAND MAN and partner in the force Shane.

Since Rick has basically come terms with who he is (consistent and ready to embrace when it's time to do this and when it's not) and also his experience as a cop it doesn't seem likely that he'll be the one who: Attacks Pete in the Pete/Jessie Anderson abuse plot in ASZ.

Here's the link to Pete and Jessie Anderson's wikis:

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Peter_Anderson
    http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Jessie_Anderson

Basically after Rick and Michonne becomes constables, Rick notices signs that Jessie Anderson is being abused by her husband Peter and he loses it and attacks Pete. Michonne hits him when she realizes how ridiculous and crazy he looks.

I think this arc will be remixed:

Rick and Daryl will be constables, and when Daryl notices signs that Pete Anderson is abusing Jessie, his childhood past wounds open up and ultimately the catalyst for Daryl beating Peter is that Carol will be involved in solving the domestic dispute but Pete will hit her causing Daryl to go off and attack Pete. Similar to the comic, I think Rick will hit Daryl telling him that's not how they handle things as cops.

Ultimately this arc will end with Pete accidently killing an innocent (the leader of ASZ's wife/husband) and the leader will give them to go ahead to murder Pete and Carol or Daryl will carry it out.

Rick will do damage control for Daryl's mess up and her husbands murder which is when Jessie will throw herself at Rick and they become love interests.

What do you all think?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Level
    Sounds about right. While we're at it, let's just make Durell the leader of the war against Negan too.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Level
    #DurrelforPresident

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ElJacko View Post
    Sounds about right. While we're at it, let's just make Durell the leader of the war against Negan too.
    I still think Daryl is going to get Lucille'd but this is basically the only arc (the abuse arc) in which I think Daryl fits better than Rick. Yes he's a plot leech but at least in this instance it makes sense.

Heck, the "brother" thing also made sense considering what they've been through. Sucks but hey, lol.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Level
    When you put it that way it actually makes sense for Daryl because FINALLY he would have some arc or story to develop to. Although I think Carol would kill that Pete jackass before Daryl and Rick can get to him. Carol has already been through one abusive jackass, she's not going to take it from another jackass. In Carol, an abusive husband is a DEAD abusive husband.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinFries View Post
    When you put it that way it actually makes sense for Daryl because FINALLY he would have some arc or story to develop to. Although I think Carol would kill that Pete jackass before Daryl and Rick can get to him. Carol has already been through one abusive jackass, she's not going to take it from another jackass. In Carol, an abusive husband is a DEAD abusive husband.
    #InCarolWeTrust

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by onlykwameforgives View Post
    I still think Daryl is going to get Lucille'd but this is basically the only arc (the abuse arc) in which I think Daryl fits better than Rick. Yes he's a plot leech but at least in this instance it makes sense.

Heck, the "brother" thing also made sense considering what they've been through. Sucks but hey, lol.
    What doesn't make sense is Douglas picking some inbred hick to be keeping the peace in his community. Rick's partner will either be Michonne or Tara.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Level
    What doesn't make sense is Douglas picking some inbred hick to be keeping the peace in his community. Rick's partner will either be Michonne or Tara.
    That also makes sense since Tara has been to the police academy. She was kicked out for sleeping with a higher ups wife, but no one really needs to stress out those details.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinFries View Post
    I would actually like this for daryl. It would be an actual storyline and something new for him. Carol and Rick are both capable of handling this guy, but the fact that we know they can is exactly why they shouldn't have this story. Let daryl do some of the heavy lifting.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    Lmfao. I honestly think Tara is going to bond with Aaron and become a recruiter. Seems more up her alley but I suppose her cop training does give her some leeway to actually be a keeper of the peace.

Rick's a given but I feel like Rick would push for Daryl to be that person because he understands that he can be more than some inbred hick. I also think Michonne will probably try to get in touch with who she used to be (considering in the comic she hates fighting/war) I think Michonne will want a break from it to just be a mother to Carl and eventually lover to Rick. >.>

But hey.

Oh and it's also entirely possible that Daryl just joins Glenn with going out on runs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast