67 82.72%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Level
    The TV version was a lot better than the comic version. The entire scenario in the comic was ridiculous. It never made any sense and wasn't even remotely plausible. It was just a random incident that detracted from the overall story. The hunters in the comic were pathetic and laughable - not even remotely threatening or sinister. Gimple turned that into an actual plot arc that made sense and was plausible. Gareth and the Termites presented a genuine threat and were creepy and sinister. The group reacted in a much more believable way and the fact that the Termites were a genuine threat added to that. I admit, I was wary of them including this in the show because it was so terrible in the comic, but I ended up enjoying how it turned out in the show.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Level
    TV but the ending was sad because the characters were better on the show, and I felt like they didn't deserve it because of their past despite what they did to Bob and many others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheySeeMeTrolling View Post
    The TV version was better because it was essentially the comic version of the Hunters + backstory.

My only real complaints is that I wish we would have seen some more flashbacks of Terminus other than the few brief scenes we got in No Sanctuary.

Also I'm still trying to figure out why Martin lived only to die with Gareth and the rest of the Hunters in the church a few episodes later. I would have thought there was a reason he survived Tyreese's beating or a specific role he would have played. The only real line he had in the last two episodes was telling Gareth they did have a choice before they were all killed anyway.
    I agree with both the flashbacks and Martin. I wanted more of both. I thought Martin was going to turn good when he was just standing there before Abe came but oh well.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Level
    Comic version. I may be alone but Gareth came off corn ball to me, Idk but the tv hunters fell flat for me, a little rushed. I didn't care as much about Bob as I did Dale. Backstory imo was a so what, they eat people they are corrupted dimwits, how they got to that point I really don't care. The comic hunters arc felt more cohesive, and believable seeings how I find it hard to believe so many in the group would walk into terminus without scoping it out for a few days or idk send one person in, have they learned nothing! I like how in the comics Rick and company find the hunters and end them, not the tv spin of lets wait for the hunters to come to us and say fee fi fo fum I smell the blood of a baby (or hear her cry, whatever).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123