Forgot your username?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Level
    I loved how Glenn stood up to Rick and told him it wasn't his call...then it was immediately ruined by Glenn making the decision for Maggie as well without so much as a "that ok, babe?" Although I do agree it was very out of character for Glenn. He's not that macho asshole like Rick was with Lori. Hopefully the writers will realize he doesn't have to be.

That whole scene was just way too Alpha White Male for me at first then Glenn had to get in on the BS. Equal opportunity Alpha Male Assholes I guess.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    I loved how Glenn stood up to Rick and told him it wasn't his call...then it was immediately ruined by Glenn making the decision for Maggie as well without so much as a "that ok, babe?" Although I do agree it was very out of character for Glenn. He's not that macho asshole like Rick was with Lori. Hopefully the writers will realize he doesn't have to be.

That whole scene was just way too Alpha White Male for me at first then Glenn had to get in on the BS. Equal opportunity Alpha Male Assholes I guess.
    That's quite the assumption that Glenn made a choice without speaking to Maggie.

This goes back to the other issues some members of the audience have when it comes to the show: Not everything has to be seen to be understood. If Maggie ends up pregnant at some point, or if Sasha/Bob had been a longterm thing and Sasha ended up pregnant, do we need to see the conception? No. We know they're a couple. We know they're probably trying to find a tower or ransacked pharmacy to get a little action going.

Maggie and Glenn understand, respect and love each other. They've probably talked about the possibility of DC once or twice. Just because we didn't necessarily see that conversation doesn't mean they aren't on the same page.

They're in tune. They know what they want. And Glenn speaking up to diffuse a situation and saying they'll go with Abraham isn't deciding for Maggie, it's giving voice to what both of them want.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Just Another Dead Girl ScifiSpirit's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    687 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by trojan_m50 View Post
    Some interesting observations from this episode.

In the scene before the termites got massacred, I wish RIck had come out of the dark with the finger gun and the rest were in the dark to take the shots! I was looking forward to the finger gun scene!

I would have also liked to see RIck take his time with the termites- line them up and kill them one at a time, thus truly avenging the victims of terminus.

Glenn saying "Not your call"- after 5 seasons with Rick, I felt that was uncalled for, given what Rick has done for the group. Was it because Glen is upset that Rick could not save/protect Hershel? Very unsatisfactory watching the group split up again. They also had no back up plan in case DC is not as promised. Too much riding on Eugene!

Also- whats with Maggie not even mentioning Beth once? When Glen went missing, she would have gone to the end of the earth looking for him. She didnt even try looking for her own sister.

And finally- that sick look on Maggie, GLenn and Tara's face when Rick and co went crazy on the termites- does it have anything to do with the decision to leave even though that came first chronologically?
    These are exactly my thoughts. I believe they were indeed shocked by the brutality of it. I feel like Glenn and Maggie aren't quite at the same savage emotional level that Rick is. And to me, that is totally fine. Just because Rick is there, ready to do what it takes, doesn't mean everyone else automatically has to be there either. I think Maggie is still in shock over losing her whole family, even though she has Glenn, she's scared. And I think Glenn, as much as he loves and respects Rick, is dealing with things on his own terms - not Rick's. I respect that.

In this particular case and situation, however, I agree more with Rick than with Glenn/Maggie, but I admire their fortitude. Perhaps if some believe that we are still in Ricktatorship mode, then they can argue that Glenn/Maggie should just be following Rick's lead, no matter what. But I think it takes a lot of guts and inner strength for them (Or Glenn at the very least) to stand up and fight for what he believes is right and oppose Rick. I admire him for that. I may be more emotionally ready to handle things Rick's way, but that doesn't mean Glenn is wrong for not accepting the brutality that seems to be necessary.

I noticed Glenn butting heads just a little with Rick at Terminus too. So, I get the distinct impression their setting up for something. Both he and Maggie didn't want to go back and kill the Termites. They just wanted to move on, but Rick was in a different emotional state than them. Rick was making it personal, even though Gareth wasn't. To that I say, good for Rick! But the way Glenn and Maggie are dealing with it is not wrong either, per say. I, personally, have no doubt that it will all come full circle some how, but for now, it's really fresh and intriguing to see Rick and Glenn play somewhat opposite of each other after all this time. It's definitely different. And I agree that it likely has something to do with the decision to leave with Abe, ultimately. We'll see though.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMorph View Post
    That's quite the assumption that Glenn made a choice without speaking to Maggie.

This goes back to the other issues some members of the audience have when it comes to the show: Not everything has to be seen to be understood. If Maggie ends up pregnant at some point, or if Sasha/Bob had been a longterm thing and Sasha ended up pregnant, do we need to see the conception? No. We know they're a couple. We know they're probably trying to find a tower or ransacked pharmacy to get a little action going.

Maggie and Glenn understand, respect and love each other. They've probably talked about the possibility of DC once or twice. Just because we didn't necessarily see that conversation doesn't mean they aren't on the same page.

They're in tune. They know what they want. And Glenn speaking up to diffuse a situation and saying they'll go with Abraham isn't deciding for Maggie, it's giving voice to what both of them want.
    You're assuming that to be the case as well aren't you? In fact your entire post was full of examples of assumptions the viewers are intended to make. Pardon me if I don't want to have to assume that Glenn OK'd it with Maggie first. What I saw was a split second decision by Glenn to diffuse the situation not the result of deliberation and agreement before hand. Which is why I said a nod in Maggie's direction with a "that ok babe?" or something would have been nice to see.

Or if they're of the same voice and mind then it could have just as easily been Maggie who made the decision, right? I just think a show of respect for Maggie's opinion inserted into the Alpha Male Scene would have been a nice touch.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by day dreamer View Post
    Except Glenn didn't tell Maggie what to do. Abe is the one that said "Glenn and Maggie have to come with us."

Why do they 'HAVE TO' go with them?

Who made Abe the new boss?

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    687 Post(s)
    Level
    Except Glenn didn't tell Maggie what to do. Abe is the one that said "Glenn and Maggie have to come with us."
    hmm, are you sure? I apologize if I'm incorrect, but I could have sworn what Abe said was "Glenn and Maggie too" which was immediately after Tara volunteered to go. Perhaps this is just semantics, but I could be wrong. I took it as Abe wanted more people with him for more protection, etc. But if he said it the way you quoted it, it does put a different spin on it, so now I don't know.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ScifiSpirit View Post
    hmm, are you sure? I apologize if I'm incorrect, but I could have sworn what Abe said was "Glenn and Maggie too" which was immediately after Tara volunteered to go. Perhaps this is just semantics, but I could be wrong. I took it as Abe wanted more people with him for more protection, etc. But if he said it the way you quoted it, it does put a different spin on it, so now I don't know.
    Does the exact verbiage matter? The point was Glenn didn't force Maggie to go anywhere. Abe said he wanted them both.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    687 Post(s)
    Level
    Does the exact verbiage matter? The point was Glenn didn't force Maggie to go anywhere. Abe said he wanted them both.
    No, it absolutely doesn't. Not for the point you're making. And I agree with you, Glenn didn't force Maggie to do anything. But, when considering Abe's intentions, it kinda puts a different spin on it, but you weren't talking about Abe, so my apologies there. :)
    Last edited by ScifiSpirit; October 28th, 2014 at 10:49 PM.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ScifiSpirit View Post
    No, it absolutely doesn't. Not for the point you're making. And I agree with you, Glenn didn't force Maggie to do anything. But, when considering Abe's intentions, it kinda puts a different spin on it, but you weren't talking about Abe, so my apologies there. :)
    No worries. Your reply just threw me there for a second.

But as for Abe, He knows Glenn the best and Maggie and Glenn are good fighters. I think that's why he wanted them.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    If Glenn was attempting to diffuse the situation, why not side with Rick, the person you've known the longest? He could've backed Rick up in his argument that his side needed the bus because they had more people and a baby to transport. Because it seems that Glenn totally forgot the mini interrogation that Michonne and Sasha gave Eugene in the rail car. They were asking some pointed questions about the so-called 'cure', and Eugene's answers were sketchy, to say the least. I don't think Michonne or Sasha were buying any of it.

And Glenn, of all people, should remember what Dr. Jenner told them at the CDC, that the French were the last, and there was no one else...Jenner never mentioned people working on a cure in DC. I guess Glenn forgot that...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast