Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

View Poll Results: Was Maggie right to forgive Tara so easily?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 83.72%
  • No

1 2.33%
  • I'm divided on this issue

6 13.95%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LivingDeadGurl View Post
    I guess I am the only one divided on this issue.

I try to place myself in Maggie's mindset. She is a Greene. She is Hershel's daughter. I get that from that side she would easily forgive because that is the right thing to do and because Tara really was not the one who killed her father. But then I wonder if she has really processed everything that happened after the prison fell. Did she truly mourn her father's death? After the prison fallout she was all about finding Glenn (and I get that I really do bc they truly love/care for each other) but she never stopped to emotionally process the trauma she just went through.

After the farm went down she was distraught over whether her father or sister got out and lived. She could not even think straight and Glenn had to take over driving. I just find it shocking that Maggie is so easy to forgive someone she barely knows that was there as part of the group who lead to the downfall of the prison, the killing of her dead, and the separation from her sister both who have been a part of her life for so much longer.

Maybe I was expecting a little more from that moment then the way it played out (which is my own fault and I should have known better) but regardless I still like Maggie. I think she would have forgiven Tara no matter what because that is who she is "a Greene" but for some reason it just felt so rushed. This is just my thoughts on the matter.
    So you were the one who voted that you were divided on the issue on the poll.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Level
    I was disappointed, but of course, I don't really like Tara. If that was my father, I'd have a tough time tolerating her presence.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Level
    I guess I am the only one divided on this issue.

I try to place myself in Maggie's mindset. She is a Greene. She is Hershel's daughter. I get that from that side she would easily forgive because that is the right thing to do and because Tara really was not the one who killed her father. But then I wonder if she has really processed everything that happened after the prison fell. Did she truly mourn her father's death? After the prison fallout she was all about finding Glenn (and I get that I really do bc they truly love/care for each other) but she never stopped to emotionally process the trauma she just went through.

After the farm went down she was distraught over whether her father or sister got out and lived. She could not even think straight and Glenn had to take over driving. I just find it shocking that Maggie is so easy to forgive someone she barely knows that was there as part of the group who lead to the downfall of the prison, the killing of her dead, and the separation from her sister both who have been a part of her life for so much longer.

Maybe I was expecting a little more from that moment then the way it played out (which is my own fault and I should have known better) but regardless I still like Maggie. I think she would have forgiven Tara no matter what because that is who she is "a Greene" but for some reason it just felt so rushed. This is just my thoughts on the matter.
    Whoa whoa whoa, wait up. You blame yourself for the shitty job by the writers? That is hilarious.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Susannah Dean View Post
    I was disappointed, but of course, I don't really like Tara. If that was my father, I'd have a tough time tolerating her presence.
    Put aside your hatred of Tara for a minute. Keep in mind that the Governor was a master manipulator and that he fooled Tara and others into attacking innocent people. Let's also add in the fact that Tara helped her husband and that if it weren't for her, he would have died. Suppose the same person who is in the same group who beheaded your father also helped save your husband after the fall of the prison, wouldn't you be grateful and let bygones be bygones?

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Level
    Yes because Tara didn't do anything wrong in my eyes. Plus if psychopathic Rick is able to forgive her than anyone is.
    Last edited by Moonlight; November 14th, 2014 at 09:43 PM.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Christ2010Grad View Post
    So you were the one who voted that you were divided on the issue on the poll.
    That was the reason for my post.

I have nothing to hide. :)

Again I still like Maggie I just don't fully understand the quick forgiveness. I can see her forgiving her but to me it would be after she has processed everything that just happened. This was her father that was killed, not some random stranger. A man who gave her life (he played a part in it) and he was murdered right in front of her in the most vicious way possible. Not by a walker, not by disease, not by old age, but by a villain who held her and Glenn captive as well as demoralized her by having her strip in front of him alluding to the fact that he was going to have his way with her.

BTW I know that you are not saying this and my post is not meant to imply that you are. Just elaborating more on my thoughts for this subject.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    That was the reason for my post.

I have nothing to hide. :)

Again I still like Maggie I just don't fully understand the quick forgiveness. I can see her forgiving her but to me it would be after she has processed everything that just happened. This was her father that was killed, not some random stranger. A man who gave her life (he played a part in it) and he was murdered right in front of her in the most vicious way possible. Not by a walker, not by disease, not by old age, but by a villain who held her and Glenn captive as well as demoralized her by having her strip in front of him alluding to the fact that he was going to have his way with her.

BTW I know that you are not saying this and my post is not meant to imply that you are. Just elaborating more on my thoughts for this subject.
    I hear what you're saying. Once she does have a chance to process everything, imo she'll realize that the person she should really despise is none other the Governor/Philip/Brian himself.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Feelin' Groovy View Post
    I hear what you're saying. Once she does have a chance to process everything, imo she'll realize that the person she should really despise is none other the Governor/Philip/Brian himself.
    Definitely!

Tara played no part in Hershel's murder and I do not want anyone to think I am suggesting that. Tara should be forgiven and I am glad Maggie did forgive her. I just feel like it was rushed/quick/brushed over. Just ignore me...I am just rambling now. LOL!

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm slightly divided on this because I think both sides of this argument have raised valid points. But in my opinion, I think Maggie was right to forgive Tara. Tara was honest with her about her involvement with the Governor. Tara displayed genuine regret for what she did -- and she really ended up doing nothing when you look back at it. She pulled out when she realized who the Governor was, but she felt guilt for agreeing to go in the first place. But also for Maggie, she had bonded with Tara before she knew what she did. She knew Tara as a friend of Glenn's who helped bring him back to her and stayed loyal to their little group following that. So I definitely think Glenn's involvement helped Maggie make the decision to forgive Tara so quickly.

I'm talking a little more than I wanted to so I'm going to wrap this up quickly. Maggie tells Tara, "You're with us. That's all matters." and I think that's an important and defining theme for the season. They've all done things to stay alive, but what really matters is what you're doing now. It's "Are you with me? cool. Are you against me? You're dead." and Tara displayed that she's with them. So they'll be cool. Until such a time that she is against them. But I don't think we have to worry about that.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    "We could arrange to have you carried." AdamUpBxtch's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Level
    Tara didn't know what "Phillip" was really like and she sure found out when he decapitated Hershel (RIP Santa). Maggie didn't have the right to be mad at her for this reason alone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast