Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Queen Rose of The Kingdom Carl's Right Eye's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    I'll be annoyed if they waste him too
    Sadie, by ending your sentence with "too", are you referring to how TWD has wasted the other black male characters on the show (all of whom have been portrayed by excellent actors)?

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaefridur View Post
    This.
    Seth Gilliam might just be the best actor on the show right now (not counting in Lenny James who is not really "on the show" yet).
    Hope heīs in for the long run. They could do some amazing character development with him.
    Donīt really see him as a moral compass though (at least not at this point), he is just a troubled personality severely effected by the apocalypse.
    Agreed..hopefully we see some awesome father g moments tonight and in the future

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Well, I hope TPTB can do something for FG other than make me hope for his disappearance and/or death. Right now he is simply a helpless coward. A liability for Team Rick. Some folks like that dynamic. Not me. I'm ready for FG to become a Bad Guy (and leave the umbrella of TR), man up, or die. Quit putting the characters I like at risk because of this guy!

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Level
    He and Michonne seem to be building some type of relationship. she has several times gone to him to explain or ask. I think she recognizes his terror and is attempting to help him with that. one he came outside to talk to her. It seems like they are building a relationship f trust for him.I find it interesting and wonder what will happen in the future.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tv does not do SG justice. That man is fine and very nice. He's also a fabulous actor with both Oz and The Wire on his resume so I hope he fills a larger role on TWD.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Father Gabriel went from 0 to 10 last night for me. It appears he'll play a larger role in the tv show than in the GN which I'm all for because SG is awesome. His "I'm sorry, God" cracked me up, as did his tossing the collar in the fire before chowing down on a big hunk of dog meat.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Level
    I too am pissed by how wasted he's been in the comics up to this point. He started out pretty cool in the comics but then once the group arrived at Alexandria Kirkman for no reason at all just dropped him completely. It was jarring.

He looks to be going on the right path in the show though, thank god. Already he's a thousand times more genuinely complex/interesting than he was at any point in the comic. I have hope it'll continue this way. Now that his faith is clearly beginning to dwindle (represented by the throwing the collar in the fire) things should be getting heated up.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrion93 View Post
    I too am pissed by how wasted he's been in the comics up to this point. He started out pretty cool in the comics but then once the group arrived at Alexandria Kirkman for no reason at all just dropped him completely. It was jarring.

He looks to be going on the right path in the show though, thank god. Already he's a thousand times more genuinely complex/interesting than he was at any point in the comic. I have hope it'll continue this way. Now that his faith is clearly beginning to dwindle (represented by the throwing the collar in the fire) things should be getting heated up.
    One thing I'd like to see though is his friendship with Eugene, since at this point they are pretty much the outcasts of the group and not very liked by many people. Also to see the faith v. science debate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12