Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Level
    We are starting to see how much different TV FG wil be opposed to comic FG...quite frankly, i hope he dies soon...he wasted so much of our time in the comics...i hate to see that in the show also...☺...

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I kept having a feeling that a walker would chase him back under the church and somehow crawl back into the church through the opening in the floor.

Are walkers that smart?

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    oh you know that this is going to be the ending mid season thing....this idiot I hope is the one to die not one of the
    others. Who knows maybe Abe and Company will make it back in time to save them.
    I loved how the idiot stepped on the nail This character is

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Level
    Simply because he's a fucking pussy. He really dissapointed me..who is he to get scared like a little baby? He pretty much slaughtered his own people from his church. That's just as bad

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    First I thought to myself: If tetanus doesn't take him out, the next walker surely will.

Then I thought that he's probably got the luck bestowed on damn fools, and he'll blunder along without a scratch or a bite, maybe till he meets up with the Grady Hospital group.

It's interesting to contrast the reaction of Hershel, another initially skeptical and hard-to-convince man of God, who was keeping walkers in a barn, feeding them with chickens, thinking they were just sick and misunderstood, with Gabriel, who's also having trouble with understanding the magnitude and import of what has happened.

The difference is that Hershel was always about family and community. And Gabriel keeps refusing community and deciding to go it alone. Just him and his own personal relationship with his conception of God. He locked out his parishioners. And now he's with a group, and seen their goodness (as well as their violence) and he wants no part of them.

We may have Gabriel fleeing people while miles away, Morgan is tracking them and seeking them out, trying to rejoin them.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Level
    FG hid in his church, listening to the screams of women and children he allowed to be eaten alive due to his cowardice. He is in no position to sit in judgment of Rick's group. Yes I get that they defiled the inside of his church but to ME, he defiled it far worse when he left his flock to die outside, begging for his help. Herschel practiced what he preached, FG does not.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Level
    FG is a character I want to strangle myself. My feeling is of being cheated out of a real story line with characters we care about.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I bet we will not see anymore of him until the season finale next year. He is just not very interesting and
    I could see judith having to defend off the walkers to save his sorry a$$ Or maybe let him and Tyreese go strolling thru the woods looking for the good people.....sounds like a pair to me

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Level
    Maybe this needs to go in unpopular opinions. Yes, FG isn't what we're used to when even people like Eugene are trying to face the truth but I think Seth Gilliam gives him something. He's not a very interesting character but for some reason in my twisted mind, he's comedic relief. lol

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Seeing the roasted foot for himself and coming across the cannibal bible gave him a good dose of reality. I also liked the nail though the foot symbolism. I this cruel world, FG's unwavering adherence to religious doctrine hamper his ability to adapt and survive. Thus, the allegory of the nail in the foot (crucifixion) causing an injury that slows him down and making him more vulnerable.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast