Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Level

Why was FG running from the church?

Maybe I missed something, but why exactly did Gabriel dig up the floorboards and flee the church? Obviously Michonne and Carl were being a bit pushy to him with survival but why would he go out, unarmed, where he is scared?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    He's scared of the group because he views them as tainted. They have mercissally sinned and he hasn't been exposed to this type of anarchy. He's frightens and feels that they are bad people. He doesn't know. This allows for good development for his character; him escaping and facing the realities of the post apocalyptic world and realizing they aren't bad and he needs to adapt, eventually bringing him back to them. Similar to Eugene finally realizing he needs to fight. Adds to the fantastic character development this season and season 4 previously did.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonTorrey View Post
    He's scared of the group because he views them as tainted. They have mercissally sinned and he hasn't been exposed to this type of anarchy. He's frightens and feels that they are bad people. He doesn't know. This allows for good development for his character; him escaping and facing the realities of the post apocalyptic world and realizing they aren't bad and he needs to adapt, eventually bringing him back to them. Similar to Eugene finally realizing he needs to fight. Adds to the fantastic character development this season and season 4 previously did.
    Basically this. It also echoes a lot with what Abe's family did. Act irrationally out of fear.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Level
    They would have let him walk away, but Gabe does not know that, and I can't blame him for being scared of them. They came in and pretty much turned his church upside down. They look over, without asking, when he helped them. They murdered people in his church, his last beacon of hope. Everyone else has someone, he only had his church, and they tainted it.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Level
    Father Gabriel has lived in his church since the world fell apart. He hasn't killed any walkers, he hasn't killed any people, he hasn't had to deal with what people have become in this world. Rick and his crew brutally murdered The Hunters in front of him, and in his church nonetheless.

That's a great reason to want to flee, at least from his POV.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Level
    He's terrified of them. I mean he is outright terrified. They desecrated a church. The house of God had people murdered, and not in a shot and killed, they were chopped into pieces. Then the killers started taking the church apart and breaking up the pews and organ.

At this point for Father Gabriel, in his head, he allowed demons into the house of God. The man couldn't even bring himself to kill a zombie that was about to kill him. He freaked out. He saw the child not as a child, Michonne as evil and the whole lot.

Before the parishioners died they said, "he will burn" for keeping them out. But he managed to live for several years or months depending on when the outbreak hit them. He managed to keep the church safe and intact. Because he wanted redemption and to hopefully rectify what he had done previously, he allowed Rick's crew in. Once he allowed these people in they destroy the church. So then, exactly what he did not want to happen if the parishioners came in just happened because of Rick's group, and how.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Level
    Because he's a Bitch.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Just Another Dead Girl ScifiSpirit's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    687 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonTorrey View Post
    I was about to type all this, but you've saved me the trouble. Thanks! :) I agree with it all. I'm not so sure if FG is going to accept the world that quickly, but we'll see.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ScifiSpirit View Post
    I was about to type all this, but you've saved me the trouble. Thanks! :) I agree with it all. I'm not so sure if FG is going to accept the world that quickly, but we'll see.
    He still might be like when we get to the ASZ, but we'll see.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    Level
    I found it kind of funny that he "escaped" Man, I think Carl and Michonne would've let you go. lol

But I get it, he's scared.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast