Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
    Thanks for starting this topic @Tyreese's girlfriend!

Happy Thanksgiving, Y'all! I'm thankful for many things today and the many terrific friends I've made here in the 2+ years since I joined.

I'm grateful for so many members who make me think of things in new ways, who teach me patience, who bring joy to my life or make me laugh. Those whose personal stories make me marvel at their courage every day, or apply their honesty in speaking out for the things in which they believe.

Many of you have brightened my days, been so generous with your time and in sharing yourselves here-it's been a lot of fun working with y'all since 2012. Thought about tagging here-but there are so many names I'd crash the thread I think.:)
    @ElJacko my heart is sore and I am angry over the events in Ferguson and so many things around the world. I do not forget those tragedies on this day...
    Despite the humor that @ElJacko has, I am genuinely surprised that the jury didn't find the offender guilty and prosecute him immediately. How the heck were the Jury not seeing it? What were their arguments behind that shooting? I don't get it...

But the protestors were way too violent on the other hand. This kinda creates a vicious cycle that won't have a peaceful resolution in short term.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by cat2006house View Post
    Despite the humor that @ElJacko has, I am genuinely surprised that the jury didn't find the offender guilty and prosecute him immediately. How the heck were the Jury not seeing it? What were their arguments behind that shooting? I don't get it...

But the protestors were way too violent on the other hand. This kinda creates a vicious cycle that won't have a peaceful resolution in short term.
    Well not to throw this innocent thanksgiving thread anymore off topic since this has absolutely nothing to do with it.. I just have to point out the ignorance in your post, the fact that you used the word "guilty" shows me you have no clue what you're talking about.. Guilty and not guilty was not a factor in the decision of a grand jury.. If you don't get it then go read over the public evidence and you'll get it.. That's all I have to say about that

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Mac View Post
    Well not to throw this innocent thanksgiving thread anymore off topic.. I just have to point out the ignorance in you're post, the fact that you used the word "guilty" shows me you have no clue what you're talking about.. Guilty and not guilty was not a factor in the decision of a grand jury.. If you don't get it then go read over the public evidence and you'll get it.. That's all I have to say about that
    I do know how the Grand Jury functions and the previous post is just the way I want to express. I just want to simplify it for everyone else to understand. Yes, it's not the Grand Jury's responsibility to judge if the defendant is guilty or not, but the Jury has the right to "pass/abort" (lol they may not be the correct words in legal sense, but let's not get into that) the case. What I see from the news depicts that the defendant is at least guilty for "Manslaughter", even if the victim, as the defendant Officer Wilson said, charged at him, making “a grunting, like aggravated sound.”, he could have shot him in a non-fatal way to, calm him down (shooting him in the leg and then taking him to the hospital and then arresting him) instead of nervously and carelessly and madly shooting him for numerous times. Unless you tell me the news I read was wrong. Was I given the wrong information?

BTW, there is no proof showing that the victim had the intention of attacking the defendant, even the "charging" part is really subjective. Him moving forward (or at least trying to move foward) towards the defendant is true though.

But yeah let's not get too off-topic...

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level
    Happy Thanksgiving! Please feel free to start a topic about Ferguson in Water Cooler for those wishing to discuss that. :)

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Level
    @Tyreese's girlfriend Your picture with Adam Duritz and the Counting Crows..very cool!

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Would You Kindly? hello-sweetie's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Level
    Happy Thanksgiving! I'm very happy I stopped lurking and started posting so I could be a part of such an awesome community. You guys are the best!

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Level
    imma need to get so drunk to get through this holiday w/ my unbearable family.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by sparklyunicorn View Post
    imma need to get so drunk to get through this holiday w/ my unbearable family.
    Happy Thanksgiving Day and your signature looks lovely! I giggle every time I see it.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Queen Rose of The Kingdom Carl's Right Eye's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    @Jay_Mac and @ElJacko, you prompted the first laughs of the day. I'm thankful for you both, you sarcastic arse-wits.

Happy Turkey Day to all.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    gobble gobble everyone

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast