Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level

Bottle Episodes v. Focusing on All / Video Review for Crossed

Thought this was great as it gave both sides to the ongoing debate plus a review of Crossed:

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm going to say that these bottle episodes were needed. Slabtown was needed to get an idea of what happened to Beth and who the hospital people were. Self-Help was needed for us to get know Abraham better and Consumed was needed to show how Carol got captured, what happened when Daryl and Carol pursued the white cross car and Daryl met up with Noah. Now that the show accomplished that we can see Rick and co. launch a rescue mission which will culminate into an epic confrontation in the upcoming midseason finale.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    I disagree with this idea that bottle episodes are needed to show something. Good writing is just good writing. They could have used a different approach to show what was happening with Beth. The writers love to focus on some characters more than others. They love to focus on Carol a lot. The problem is every other female loses out on getting a decent story, because of it. People are writing articles now about Michonne's absence. She was pushed into the minor character role and Carol has become the lead female. Maggie, Rosita, Tara still suffers from a lack of development this season, because the writers only feel only two or three characters matter.

I personally like the whole group in episodes. At least when they are all on my television screen, I see them. Also why are bottle episodes necessary to write in the first place? A lot of shows don't use that format and they can still be effective.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by warriorgirl View Post
    I disagree with this idea that bottle episodes are needed to show something. Good writing is just good writing. They could have used a different approach to show what was happening with Beth. The writers love to focus on some characters more than others. They love to focus on Carol a lot. The problem is every other female loses out on getting a decent story, because of it. People are writing articles now about Michonne's absence. She was pushed into the minor character role and Carol has become the lead female. Maggie, Rosita, Tara still suffers from a lack of development this season, because the writers only feel only two or three characters matter.

I personally like the whole group in episodes. At least when they are all on my television screen, I see them. Also why are bottle episodes necessary to write in the first place? A lot of shows don't use that format and they can still be effective.
    She may be liked by the writers, but that does not mean she is the lead female. She was only prominent in the Season Premiere and in the episode Consumed. In the other episodes where she was present, she had little screentime compared to that. I'm sorry, but I think a bottle episode was need to show what happened to Beth. I say this because that episode was also need to show the nature of the bad guys who Rick and co. were go to face in the future. Could the episode have been executed better? Yes. But it was still necessary nonetheless.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Level

Beth had an entire episode by herself. Sasha has been focused on quite a bit since Bob's death. Tara has gotten some comedic screen time. To say that the women are being sidelined because of Carol is ridiculous if you ask me.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    Level

Yes! Agree so much!

I really feel that Self Help and Consumed could have been combined into one episode since they happened during the same time period. I know a lot of fans who are very displeased with the lack of Rick this season and him being absent for three episodes.

I am also very disappointed with the way Michonne has been shoved into the background while another female has been in every episode (save one) this first half of the season. I will not lie and say I hated Slabtown because I am a fan of Beth. But that episode was not just about Beth, it was about showcasing to the audience this new "baddie" that the group will face and to introduce Noah. Hell the end of the episode showed Carol being wheeled in on a gurney and that was all anyone focused on after the fact. Oh and the rescue mission is now all about Carol as well. Every other female is being shunned this season for some reason and it makes no sense to me.

I long for the days when an episode showed every character to some degree. Crossed was a nice change of pace because it bounced back and forth between the three separated groups. I am just tired of the group being apart. Hopefully in February at the start of the second half of this season we will get more of all of the characters interacting together or at least sharing an episode.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I am not a fan either of the bottle episodes unless they involve Rick, and this season there was not enough of the man. That said I think there are just too many characters at this time. I agree with the video on most points, did not care about Gabriel at all and Abraham needed to just get over it.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not a fan either of the bottle episodes unless they involve Rick, and this season there was not enough of the man. That said I think there are just too many characters at this time. I agree with the video on most points, did not care about Gabriel at all and Abraham needed to just get over it.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1743 Post(s)
    Level
    So much to say but need to think on it longer. So i don't get in trouble with what has been said in here.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Queen Rose of The Kingdom Carl's Right Eye's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    I am just tired of the group being apart.
    You and me both @LivingDeadGurl. The first 3 episodes focusing on the entire group were much stronger than the last 4 episodes.

I'm like Lori because every week I want to ask "Has anyone seen Carl?" I miss Carl and Michonne.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlon's Mistress View Post
    So much to say but need to think on it longer. So i don't get in trouble with what has been said in here.
    Girl I love you! You know that right?

Please do not take my comment as hurtful towards you but just as my own opinion for this season. I like Beth but I am a fan of Rick, Michonne, Carl, Daryl, etc. I want to see all of the characters on screen and have them participate in the storyline. I just feel that some of the episodes this season could have been better combined/edited to allow more plot development instead of having them be so character centric. The cast has just gotten so big at this point that I think a lot of development is lacking to make the casual audience care enough about the newbies. Maybe they are saving this for the second half of the season when things are not so tense but still if things are going to calm down in 5B why did they waste so much time showing the background of some characters which could have been spent further exploring the lead up to the confrontation with the hospital?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast