Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by vaberella View Post
    I never watched the office. I'll check on youtube.
    Watch the British original too

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton36 View Post
    And the fact that he is kinda going off the comment of Michonne being Rick's "work-wife" which is very much what Pam was to Jim.

Listen, when a producer starts naming off famous romantic couples to explain the dynamic between two characters it's kinda obvious where they want them to go eventually. Especially if those characters are at that awkward stage like Jim and Pam. lol
    THIS. Plus add in how Gimple explicitly states that, right now, there's no time for romantic shenanigans; they're too busy taking care of business. We might even see them involved with other people, just like many other pairings before them - it's not anything new or out of bounds. I just wish some can be just a bit more patient. I have friends that shipped Jim/Pam back in the day, and I know they were really put through the wringer.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Level
    You know I'm a big fan of Ricky Gervais and I have always heard wonderful thing about "The Office" both the UK and US version. More importantly I love to watch a series that's no longer on in prime time that way I can watch the episodes back to back.

I guess I'll have something to keep me occupied during the TWD Season 5 break.

Thanks guys!

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Level
    The Jim and Pam comparison pleases me...but.... the great thing (for me) about Jim and Pam was that the audience knew how they felt about each other before they ever got together. Looooong before they got together. So, there was no Do-They/Don't-They thing as there is with Michonne and Rick. There was only a Will-They/Won't-They thing, which is much more fun to watch when you know they love each other.

This isn't a comedy, and as the top rated show on TV, yes, the stakes are higher. But, if they want to go Jim/Pam (Jam?) with this, how about taking a page out of The Office playbook and give the audience insight into their feelings. Even if we glimpsed their relationship through someone else's eyes (Carl?) with Rick and Michoone completely unaware, going about their badass days. I'd be happy with that.

It's a good comparison. And the fact that SC pulled it out of thin air does remind me there is hope :)

Great thread...my favorite media moment for Richonne is from The Talking Dead (2:10)

Richonne shipping with Yvette and Norman, who...BTW... look pretty damn cute together if you ask me.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Level
    AHH, thank for that amazing vid, Belle! Between this video with YNB, my Britta avatar, and the guy in your sig looking like Joel McHale (even though I have no idea who that is, but he LOOKS like McHale), I feel like I'm in a very snug Community vortex right now. It makes me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    The Jim and Pam comparison pleases me...but.... the great thing (for me) about Jim and Pam was that the audience knew how they felt about each other before they ever got together. Looooong before they got together. So, there was no Do-They/Don't-They thing as there is with Michonne and Rick. There was only a Will-They/Won't-They thing, which is much more fun to watch when you know they love each other.

This isn't a comedy, and as the top rated show on TV, yes, the stakes are higher. But, if they want to go Jim/Pam (Jam?) with this, how about taking a page out of The Office playbook and give the audience insight into their feelings. Even if we glimpsed their relationship through someone else's eyes (Carl?) with Rick and Michoone completely unaware, going about their badass days. I'd be happy with that.
    I think that's the thing - I don't think Gimple needed to even go there with the Jim/Pam reference, and certainly not a romantic pairing at that. He could've just ended his sentence right before the Jim/Pam part. The fact that he did - well, it's almost like he just gave his hand away. Whether he meant to or not, I think the show kinda speaks for itself with TWD being the type of show that really doesn't put a lot of focus on romantic relationships. The Office *is* the type of show designed to have that room -- and almost depend on romantic ups and downs be a part of its comedic universe, so naturally, romance will be involved in a big way.

Not that I don't hear what you're saying, and I agree...I would just love a good, hefty chunk of something, and then I'll be a happy camper for like, 3 episodes of nothing before I start demanding more, LOL.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Level
    This is actually more Michonne related, but:

You’ve done an impressive job balancing such a large cast, but some characters — like Michonne and Carl — inevitably fall to the background. Do you have a conversation with say, Danai Gurira, to explain, “Don’t worry, we’ll take care of you in the next 8″?
    I do talk to everybody about the season coming up. I don’t get into everything for a variety of reasons, the number one being things do change. All sorts of things change, even from plans we’ve had for a long time. It just happens, it’s a function of storytelling. I will say there’s going to be significantly more Michonne in the second half of the season. As far as balancing characters within an episode, it’s also within the season with this large cast.

READ THE REST:
    http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/wal...em-scott-gimple-talks-tragic-coda-1201367848/

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Level
    Has Andrew ever spoken about danai in any of his interviews Like what its like working with her? Any media links

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    Has Andrew ever spoken about danai in any of his interviews Like what its like working with her? Any media links
    He briefly mentions Danai's name in this video at 4:49:

Couldn't remember any other, though, but I'm sure there are more moments in which he makes those little remarks about the cast and brings up her name. To be honest, I find it kinda strange that AL doesn't seem to be so close to DG as he is to other members of the cast. I mean, they are obviously friendly towards each other, but not just as much. I've never seen him joke or play around like NR, DM or even MK did with her. And he is playful with some people, so... It's a bit disappointing for me because I wish their chemistry and friendship offscreen were stronger so Richonne could develop more fluidly and smoothly, but well.

If there is something to prove I'm wrong, please someone share because I'd feel much better.
    Last edited by ChocoLove; December 5th, 2014 at 06:47 AM.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoLove View Post
    He briefly mentions Danai's name in this video at 4:49:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ4mrZlbOhc

Couldn't remember any other, though, but I'm sure there are more moments in which he makes those little remarks about the cast and brings up her name. To be honest, I find it kinda strange that AL doesn't seem to be so close to DG as he is to other members of the cast. I mean, they are obviously friendly towards each other, but not just as much. I've never seen him joke or play around like NR, DM or even MK did with her. And he is playful with some people, so... It's a bit disappointing for me because I wish their chemistry and friendship offscreen were stronger so Richonne could develop more fluidly and smoothly, but well.

If there is something to prove I'm wrong, please someone share because I'd feel much better.
    Thanks! being trying to find some interviews with him talking about her but couldn't find anything as of yet. I anyone else can??

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Not a mention of Danai but a nice little moment between AL and DG in the first 15 seconds or so of this clip (found on Tumblr yesterday). Looks like they get along pretty well to me :)

http://youtu.be/n8CjapWQCW0

I couldn't get it to embed, sorry :/

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast