1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Level

Richonne Media Mentions

Hi guys!

Let's use this thread to post any comments, references, interviews you happen to find from the TWD showrunners and cast regarding Rick and Michonne. I'll start with three of my favorites!

Honestly, this is my favorite ever! For S5:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ere-not-739191

Rick is going to be surrounded by a lot of couples this year – Glenn and Maggie, Sasha and Bob, and at some point, Abraham and Rosita. Could his relationship with Michonne turn romantic?

Gimple: At the end of last season, we didn’t really get to see Abraham and Rosita as a couple as much. There was not room in the things that were happening to them to see them as a couple. But, there is a scene this season where we define them as a couple very quickly. As far as Rick and Michonne, their relationship will grow even more intimate and even more tight, but I don’t know if there’s really going to be room for romance with the things that are happening. They’re very close. I was talking to Danai about it, and she referred to Michonne as being Rick’s “work wife.” So maybe they’ll wind up like Pam and Jim (on The Office) but that took a long time.
    From Comic-Con for S5:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1881766

Seeing these three interact and bounce one-liners off of each other, they come across as much a surrogate family unit the one they play on TWD. It was then natural to ask if there could be a potential romance between Rick and Michonne.

"This is the No. 1 question we're asked," said Lincoln, before Riggs chimed in to add that he wanted to know, too, eliciting laughter from the whole table.

"I think the beauty of it is seeing the pain these two went through losing a child," Danai cryptically answers.
    TVLine article for S5:

http://tvline.com/gallery/fall-tv-sp...-walking-dead/

Beyond the opener, look for Rick and Michonne's still-platonic relationship to deepen. "The importance of who they are to each other grows, and that emotional intimacy gets developed even more," says the EP, before quickly adding, "That doesn't necessarily mean [it will turn into a] romance." Loosely translated: it doesn't necessarily mean it won't!
    Ok, I know there's more, but it's a start! I have a feeling once they start hyping 5B, we'll get a TON more.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Level
    Would it be possible to please request people post the date of the interviews in advance? I tend to get my hopes up and then I come to find out that the interview was either for Season 3 or Season 4.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Have you watched the tv show known as the Office? If so, what was Pam and Jim's relationship like.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Level
    I love that of all of the thing Gimple could of mentioned he mentions that Rick and Michonne could be like Jim and Pam. Jim and Pam are not a run of the mill pair. They are one of the most iconic television couples in history. They are the definition of friends turning into lovers. Like...yeah. lol

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Level
    I never watched the office. I'll check on youtube.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm glad to know that Richonne seems like it will become canon.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Level
    Just in case you wanted a timeline for Jim and Pam, here it is:

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2...ifs/the-fiance

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by vaberella View Post
    Would it be possible to please request people post the date of the interviews in advance? I tend to get my hopes up and then I come to find out that the interview was either for Season 3 or Season 4.
    Yes, not a bad idea. I think referencing which season would be sufficient. Thanks!

@Milton36

Yesss, the Jim/Pam reference is everything. I didn't watch The Office, but everyone and their grandma knows that Jim/Pam are the gold standard of BFFs-turned-lovers-over-a-long-ass-period-of-time, and the fact that Gimple compares them to Rick/Michonne is something I can really picture. All good things in time....LOL, "Seriously, if you left here, I would blow my brains out." Awww....

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Level
    I am so confused about the Jim/Pam talk in this thread

Thank you for this thread @blackwater. I will go collect some items (and use dates if I can find them).

ETA: Oh, got it. Please don't give me another couple to ship. They sound charming as hell.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwater View Post
    Yes, not a bad idea. I think referencing which season would be sufficient. Thanks!

@Milton36

Yesss, the Jim/Pam reference is everything. I didn't watch The Office, but everyone and their grandma knows that Jim/Pam are the gold standard of BFFs-turned-lovers-over-a-long-ass-period-of-time, and the fact that Gimple compares them to Rick/Michonne is something I can really picture. All good things in time....LOL, "Seriously, if you left here, I would blow my brains out." Awww....
    And the fact that he is kinda going off the comment of Michonne being Rick's "work-wife" which is very much what Pam was to Jim.

Listen, when a producer starts naming off famous romantic couples to explain the dynamic between two characters it's kinda obvious where they want them to go eventually. Especially if those characters are at that awkward stage like Jim and Pam. lol

I'll tell you how this story end. Jim and Pam get married and have two kids. lol

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast