Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre View Post
    Her death was like a side note. They (writers) told their story then they ran out of time because they waste it all in scenes that don't matter and oh....by the way.....bam. See ya You can come on TTD though and show everyone how you really feel.
    Her death sure was fitting as a side note then. After all she was nothing more than that throughout her entire time on TWD show.

Very fitting if you ask me.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Level
    Add me to the list that think Beth's Death was out of character in fact that WHOLE scene every character was out of character after the Beth trade they all just turn their backs and start to walk away? Riiight... they just trust this group to not just shoot them all in the back? Come on....

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Level
    A terrible death for a terrible character. I'm okay with this.

RIP Beth Shippers.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Level
    Did Dawn shoot her in her throat or what? It would make sense if she did..we didn't see the gun until the bullet went through her head. Did Dawn just pull it out of her ass and magically shoot her in the forehead? Irrational! Bs! She didn't even take Dawn down with her! So.annoyed. It was still heartbreaking though. But I'm dissapointed that Daryl killed her. It wasn't about Daryl. It was about BETH. It really pissed me off tbh.

Now I see what EJ and everyone else can see with Daryl. He really does steal every fucking scene. I'm gonna be raging all day now -_-

But in all honesty. Beth and EK rocked that shit either way. I'm proud of Beth for becoming so strong and for kicking ass in the hospital. Rest in peace Beth <3

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Level
    I know most disagree, but I honestly felt like her death, while sad and pointless, actually was very much in-character (as much as it can be, considering even Kirkman admitted that they constantly changed up her characterization to fit the plot, something I find so frustrating on this 'character-driven' drama, ha!). Throughout 4b & 5a, they have shown Beth to make rash, impulsive decisions that are not correct. She bolted from Daryl when they were alone because she wanted to go find booze, despite the fact that she was unarmed and not shown to be very good at defending herself. She burned down their shelter in the middle of the night when they were drunk, and she seemed prepared to stab the doctor at the end of Slabtown, knowing no good could come of that. She has also rashly questioned authority figures throughout, in often dangerous, or at least inadvisable ways. Her going out by rashly attacking an authority figure fits to me, at least the version of her that they've been pushing recently.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Level
    Maybe Beth believed that the Hospital's people would like to see Dawn dead and there wouldn't be a crossfire.

Although I felt it was badly conducted and it disappointed me.

I had more hope in the writers and directors.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre View Post
    Her death was like a side note. They (writers) told their story then they ran out of time because they waste it all in scenes that don't matter and oh....by the way.....bam. See ya You can come on TTD though and show everyone how you really feel.
    This.

It's like they got to the end and realized, 'Shit, there's only 5 minutes left and we haven't killed her off yet.'

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Would You Kindly? hello-sweetie's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Level
    I get what the writers are trying to do with their choices in deaths. The ZA is a cruel world that doesn't give a shit how you've grown, what you've accomplished, how pure or optimistic you are. They showed us that this season with Bob and now with Beth and
    Spoiler Spoiler:

I think the writers accomplished exactly what they wanted. They gave us a shocking death that affected many and that everyone is talking about, insuring their viewership for the second half of the season. I get all of this, but at the same time the way they handled Beth rubs me the wrong way.

I still considered Beth a child in many ways but that was an over the top, immature, ridiculous way to have her die. The very least they could have done was let her actually strike a killing blow against Dawn, then maybe we could justify the impulsive act that got her killed so unceremoniously.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Problem Child Semolina Pilchard's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I chalk it up to Beth having lived a sheltered life pretty much, under her family at the farm, pre ZA, and then sheltered away with Judith at the prison. She didn't have the chance to grow up as Carl has, although he is a lot younger than she is. It seems like she wasn't leaving that hospital without killing someone. As far as I'm concerned, she went bad, and fast.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status
    "We could arrange to have you carried." AdamUpBxtch's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Level
    Gotta add my two cents in on this, Yes it was ridiculous, was she trying to kill Dawn? If so someone should of informed her where the jugular is because she stabbed her in almost the shoulder, wtf? Honestly if Beth had actually aimed for the head or neck region Dawn might not of been able to get a shot off, and she might have lived. Yes it was ridiculous and i myself feel bad for Beth fans whos character got dumbed down to fit the damn mid season finale agenda. Why can't Daryl be dumb down and killed off?

I was at least hoping with the focus on Beth in this storyline that if Dawn still shot Beth that Beth at least was the one to get the kill shot on her instead of failing horribly and dying. Like Beth stabs Dawn in the neck, while Dawn is bleeding out she still gets the shot off, but this? Dawn getting stabbed in the shoulder region, killing Beth, and Daryl gets the man pain/cool moment of shooting Dawn between the eyes? Really?

ALSO WTF WERE THOSE OTHER COPS DOING? Dawn gets shot and they are just like "alright that happened"
    Last edited by AdamUpBxtch; December 1st, 2014 at 12:15 PM.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast