Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Level

Tiny Scissors of Doom

Ok, so I am trying to understand what in the hell possessed Beth to stab dawn in the shoulder and I had a thought. I may have to watch the scene again, but could it be possible that Beth was actually aiming for a more vital area and Dawn's reaction time was so quick that the shoulder was as far as she got? I guess I am just trying to make sense of the whole thing.....that would make more sense to me...thoughts?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    I really hope that was the case, but this is the same girl that was headed down the hallway to kill Edwards in broad daylight. She wasnt the brightest lightbulb in the hallway once she decides that she is ready to kill someone.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1748 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieLee84 View Post
    Ok, so I am trying to understand what in the hell possessed Beth to stab dawn in the shoulder and I had a thought. I may have to watch the scene again, but could it be possible that Beth was actually aiming for a more vital area and Dawn's reaction time was so quick that the shoulder was as far as she got? I guess I am just trying to make sense of the whole thing.....that would make more sense to me...thoughts?
    I hope she was aiming for her neck. Because it was really dumb. I don't know what the writers were thinking.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlon's Mistress View Post
    I hope she was aiming for her neck. Because it was really dumb. I don't know what the writers were thinking.
    It made sense to me for her to actually be that ineffective at handling herself in a physical confrontation. We had seen how impulsive she had already been in wanting to kill Edwards without any kind of plan. We saw her pitiful attempt at suicide. We saw her telling Daryl that she wouldn't need him anymore after a day or two of training and then get taken within five minutes of being out of his supervision. She had likely been in less physical battles than anyone in the group's by far because she was babysitting. Her impulsivity combined with misplaced arrogance in her abilities would be the perfect formula for her to do something this stupid and fail so miserably.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1748 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by HateForTheMasses View Post
    It made sense to me for her to actually be that ineffective at handling herself in a physical confrontation. We had seen how impulsive she had already been in wanting to kill Edwards without any kind of plan. We saw her pitiful attempt at suicide. We saw her telling Daryl that she wouldn't need him anymore after a day or two of training and then get taken within five minutes of being out of his supervision. She had likely been in less physical battles than anyone in the group's by far because she was babysitting. Her impulsivity combined with misplaced arrogance in her abilities would be the perfect formula for her to do something this stupid and fail so miserably.
    True and plus she was using her left hand and that didn't help. She was very impulsive.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Level
    She's not like Rick and co..she can't just murder someone easily. She even said in the elevator scene that she could never kill anybody. I think she reacted out of anger and wasn't thinking clearly so she just went for it..imo of course..I could always be wrong. But maybe she was aiming for her neck or just wanted to piss Dawn off and stab her shoulder. Or maybe it's just bad writing

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    The only thing part of this scene that I attribute to bad writing is her motive to act. To have her take that kind of risk for someone she had only known for a few days bothered me. The provocation should have been far greater. Once she set her mind in motion to act it makes perfect sense that it played out exactly how it did. I haven't bothered watching it in extreme slow motion hoping to catch Jesus in the background so I'm unsure of any angle of trajectory issues, but if those issues exist that is poor special effects. Not writing.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by HateForTheMasses View Post
    I haven't bothered watching it in extreme slow motion hoping to catch Jesus in the background
    do u mean catching Jesus getting kissed in the mouth by Alex?, LOL...☺...

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Level
    I can explain it for ya.

It was the mid season finale, a main character always dies in either the MSF or the SF, Beth was picked by the writers to be killed off but the problem was the hospital arc was so narrow (and s**t) that they only had a few ways she could of been killed of and they picked the worst possible way for her to die.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I can explain it for ya.

It was the mid season finale, a main character always dies in either the MSF or the SF, Beth was picked by the writers to be killed off but the problem was the hospital arc was so narrow (and s**t) that they only had a few ways she could of been killed of and they picked the worst possible way for her to die.
    DING DING!!!

We have ourselves a winner ladies and gentlemen!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast