Thread: Judith..

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Level

Judith..

So Judith is on Michonne's back the whole time she was trying to break down the door for FG and killing all the church walkers? Ummm...OK and she never cries...AMAZING!!!

She also appears to have shrunk and she is wrapped from head to toe? Come on...

It also doesn't seem very safe to have her back there with Michonne swinging that sword around, what if she mistook the baby carrier for the sheath?

This is why I wish they had just made her gone in the baby carrier, never to be seen from again, unbelievable situations like this bring the show down IMO.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Save The Last Atlanta 5 A Walking Dead Girl's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    She's obviously used to being wrapped up. Native Americans did the same with their babies (Google: Cradle Boards) while they were fighting so it's not so far fetched. And Judith did cry, especially when Michonne put her down. The blanket over the head seems to have a sheet over a birdcage effect on Judith, Some kids are like that.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by A Walking Dead Girl View Post
    She's obviously used to being wrapped up. Native Americans did the same with their babies (Google: Cradle Boards) while they were fighting so it's not so far fetched. And Judith did cry, especially when Michonne put her down. The blanket over the head seems to have a sheet over a birdcage effect on Judith, Some kids are like that.
    No, TPTB bunder her up during the "action" scenes so we don't see the real baby being slung around to the point of whiplash, it ridiculous.
    She also cried just a little to remind us she was there after they locked themselves in the room.

She is also now the size of a baby doll all bundled up.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    I think that because Judith has been raised in the ZA, she never experienced anything different, she is some what immune to the violence... Maybe immune is not the right word for it, but basically she has experienced the fighting and walkers, even if she has been a baby it is something she has seen, whereas a kid that was just transplanted into this environment would be shocked and cry constantly... Judith is different in that she has always been quiet, always seen walkers always seen guns, always lived on the run, etc...

Personally I love the Judith arc in the story and I think they are portraying it well.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Level
    I just thought it looked so fake!!!! You could totally tell a real baby wasn't in there. Oh well it didn't take anything away from the show for me at all. I just chalked it up as keeping the real baby safe during the fight scenes.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Level
    I didn't even notice I was just glad Michonne finally did something entertaining this season.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Level
    I think there are some things the show has to do. This is an example. They have shown Judith wrapped up many many times - I agree it doesn't look realistic. Are there other unrealistics aspects to the show? (Carol walking out of the hospital for example).

Would there be risks to a child in a Bjorn if the adult had to wield a sword? Of course. Did Michonne have time to remove her? No.

I personally am willing to live with the unrealism in order to see how Judith's arc plays out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SElliott765 View Post
    I didn't even notice I was just glad Michonne finally did something entertaining this season.
    Agreed!

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    586 Post(s)
    Level
    Babies who are used to being Carried and in baby wraps instead or Baby holders, will often just settle upon the moment of being wrapped and hard up against someone. Judith is used to the wrap. They put the wrap up so the Actor or actress does not have to have the baby on their back for the two hours it takes or whatever to shoot the scene. Plus there are laws around the amounts of time babies are supposed to be seen onscreen. etc.

Babies have been strapped to backs and fronts for hundreds of years, its not a new concept. Judith feels safe strapped to someone, being in arms which is good due to the fact her crying could cause problem.

filming with a cover is a way to get the scene without the baby being in front of walkers, or seeing the walkers, which could cause problems, its would be unlikely that they will ever show Judith in the same shot with a walker. Just as shooting the hands around her head, it was her actual father, not the actor, note you never saw either of them in the same shot either.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Queen Rose of The Kingdom Carl's Right Eye's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Michonne couldn't pass her off to Carl since he was shooting walkers and wouldn't give her to FG since he's an idiot. Judith's probably used to bouncing around by this point since everybody's always on the move.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Squirrel Hunter JackietheStripper's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Level
    I just can't wait for Judith to start walking (if she ever gets that far), then Carl will know how his family felt in earlier seasons... "where's Judith?"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast