Great post @1979!

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    "We could arrange to have you carried." AdamUpBxtch's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't think Gimple and the writers on the show take the ships seriously when it comes to the fates of the characters on the show, they kind of don't talk about them ever so no i don't think Beth was killed off because of Bethyl

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Would You Kindly? hello-sweetie's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonia View Post
    I don't know who Luna Lovegood (What a name!) and Sirius Black are and I'm almost afraid to ask.
    They're characters from Harry Potter with a very similar age range to Daryl and Beth. One's a pale, blond schoolgirl and one's a middle-aged, scruffy badass.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninakins View Post
    I think it was more about killing two birds with one stone. As you say, they needed to kill a main character without really killing a main character. The only option to accomplish that was to elevate a secondary character to main status with increased screen time...
    I love how they always do that, because it allows them to kill a main character, without killing my favorites (Carol, Glenn and Daryl). If it keeps my favorites safe, they can elevate-then-kill all the characters they want.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Level
    Nah. He planned to kill her the moment he decided to send her off with Daryl. Proof. That line... "You're going to miss me when Im gone." My husband I knew she was dead meat at that moment! I do think the actress' age influenced the decision to kill off the character.

What I will give credit to Bethyl for is the bullet to the brain in our faces death. There was meant to be no question that character/ship was done.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hello-sweetie View Post
    They're characters from Harry Potter with a very similar age range to Daryl and Beth. One's a pale, blond schoolgirl and one's a middle-aged, scruffy badass.
    I just checked their pictures on Google Image. I don't know the young actress, but I know Gary Oldman, and all I have to say is... Seriously! What is wrong with people? This is not appropriate at all! I find it very disturbing that some people would ship them.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by hello-sweetie View Post
    OT but this post totally made me smile. I'm an avid HP fan but I wasn't never part of a fandom. Had no idea Luna and Sirius was a ship. "Sirna"??? Lusir? OMG! Now I'm LAMO!

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Level
    @1979 Not sure about the reunion of Beth and Daryl I think it was as it was always planned. I liked seeing the reunion with Rick being warmer it only makes sense cause she's Carl's little friend,a extension of his family perhaps while Daryl and Beth spent little time together it's only logical Rick would spend more time with Beth considering she looked after Judith and was friends with Carl. Noah and Beth had a instant connection while Beth and Daryl had a hard time finding a middle ground. So that also makes sense.

I do think that flashback with Hershel,Carl and Patrick felt a little "pointless" and and it did place Beth with the other kids. But I don't know if they would decide last minute to add a flashback giving the Patrick actor had died long time ago. I think Beth really was a symbol of someone who didn't let the world change them same as Patrick and that was the point of the flashback(and goes along well with Tyreese's line about still being "like when they were kids"). Rick sees his kid's little friends and how they're so different from Carl and that as a parent made him feel as if he didn't sheltered Carl enough. That was my interpretation. I think it was automatic to the writers to place Beth with the other kids. She shares a lot of traits and world view with Mika and Sophia.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonia View Post
    I just checked their pictures on Google Image. I don't know the young actress, but I know Gary Oldman, and all I have to say is... Seriously! What is wrong with people? This is not appropriate at all! I find it very disturbing that some people would ship them.
    Sirius was seriously scruffy (He could shape shift into a big black dog). Luna was seriously a Looney Tune. I loved them both but never together.

On topic - I think TPTB are underwhelmed with the Bethyl faction - but not above making well placed remarks along the way to kind of fan the flames a bit. Especially SG - death threats because he let them down and lied.

They are moving right along with their plans for the show. Probably have made much progress mapping out Season 6. No rest for those guys.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    586 Post(s)
    Level
    I think it hasten her exit. Along with a few other things. I imagine once the hate started rolling in on the female lead also hastened her exit.

I found it interesting that one week on TTD she was 17 there was a huge backlash the next she was 18. trying to do damage control. Pairing her with Noah, Rick comforting her, Carol hand hold, Daryl pat on the back they trying to put her in the kid camp. tptb told everyone bethyl wasn't a thing.

The back lash because of Bethyl has proven they made the right decision. EK herself is coming out now supporting a certain ship. Interesting......

IMO they should have had 14year old play 16year old beth to help with the aging thing. Stupid mistake to have a 29year old playing a teen. Some people have blurred lines. I actually read a article about why teens should play teen roles recently.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast