Forgot your username?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Level

AMC Orders "Preacher" Pilot

Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg and Sam Catlin's adaptation of Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon's acclaimed Vertigo series "Preacher" has a pilot order at AMC, as reported by multiple sources including Variety.
    "'Preacher' has been our favorite comic since it first came out," Rogen and Goldberg said in a joint statement. "Garth Ennis is one of our idols and it's an incredible honor to be working on this. We promise we won't make too many dick jokes and ruin it."

Rogen and Goldberg wrote the adaptation, and "Breaking Bad" writer/producer Sam Catlin is set to serve as showrunner. According to Variety, the pilot will be produced in summer 2015, with hopes of the series debuting in 2016.
    "With 'Preacher,' it starts with a bold, compelling, and thought-provoking comic book series from Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon and a whole lot of fans who already know Jesse Custer, Cassidy, and Tulip," Joel Stillerman, AMC’s executive vice president of original programming, production and digital content, said in a statement. "We have everything we need to be VERY excited to move forward on 'Preacher.'"

Reports first surfaced of Rogen working on a "Preacher" TV adaptation in November 2013, and the actor subsequently dropped hints on Twitter, writing that "seven of years of hard work are about to pay off," in the form of him getting the chance to adapt one of his favorite stories. The series was announced as officially in development at AMC with Rogen, long-time creative collaborator Goldberg and Catlin on board in February of this year.
    Running for 66 issues from 1995 to 2000 as part of DC Comics' mature readers imprint Vertigo, Ennis and Dillon's "Preacher" stands as one of the most acclaimed comic book series of the past two decades. Telling the story of Jesse Custer (a preacher equipped with the power of "the Word of God"), his girlfriend Tulip O'Hare and their vampire friend Cassidy, several past attempts have been made to bring the series to live-action, both as a film and a TV show

SOURCE

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level

Why dammit why?! Why does the awesome 'Preacher' have to be adapted by AMC? They have already raped TWD, now they are moving on to another of my all time favorite comics. I will absolutely try my hardest not to watch it as I can guarantee it will be a shitty semi-adaption like TWD. Fuck me.

What will be next? AMC's 'Invincible?' AMC's 'Fables?' Or god forbid AMC's 'Saga.'

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Dont Call it a Comeback blackjackandcoke88's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravelord View Post
    YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Why dammit why?! Why does the awesome 'Preacher' have to be adapted by AMC? They have already raped TWD, now they are moving on to another of my all time favorite comics. I will absolutely try my hardest not to watch it as I can guarantee it will be a shitty semi-adaption like TWD. Fuck me.

What will be next? AMC's 'Invincible?' AMC's 'Fables?' Or god forbid AMC's 'Saga.'
    Don't you dare put that karma out there with 'Invicible' or 'Fables'. They're too good for that to happen to them. *shudders*

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Would You Kindly? hello-sweetie's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Level
    I really, REALLY love Preacher - it's what got me into comics that weren't only about Spider-Man. It's really dear to me and I just don't know how I feel about this. Maybe if it was HBO I'd feel better.

Is Seth Rogen only involved in development and production? I don't care for him as an actor and shudder to think of him butchering Jesse or Cassidy.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Great. Time to watch AMC ruin another great comic series.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level

Aired during TWD on Sunday.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    True Happiness Begins Within Lilac Fields's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm cautious about Preacher but I'm going to check it out. I hope it turns out well.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Level
    Preacher has been given an official release date, May 22 2016.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/amc-...omo-images-153

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Jaywalking Loiterer Shane's Addiction's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Level
    Ew! I think I'm gonna like this one!