Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162
  1. Back To Top    #611
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Level
    As much as I rag on that horrible TWD and the apologists who crave bad tv. This fuckin show always and I mean always puts a smile on my face

2. Back To Top    #612
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Does anybody else think Jimmy's wild tale of Huell's heroism in carrying out a bunch of old people from a fire going to bite Kim in the ass. I remember the dark haired guy pointing to the instruction that "less is more" on the whiteboard as Jimmy was winding up to tell his tale, with Jimmy turning his back on him. All someone needs to do is call law enforcement in that town to learn that such a fire never happened and, perhaps, to get a different perspective on Huell. We know nothing goes to waste on this show, so something has to come of Jimmy's disregard of his own instructions to his team.

Since we know Jimmy gets his law license back, my guess is this is going to fall on Kim and, perhaps, her firm since she brought firm lawyers in to her meeting with the DA.
    If this doesn’t bite Kim in the ass I’ve got to think that one of their future escapades will. She’s as much like Saul as Jimmy is right now and you’ve got to think that something along those lines is what will keep her from the Breaking Bad timeline.

3. Back To Top    #613
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)
    Level
    This show is phenomenal. Seeing Jimmy and Kim grow apart was depressing. She can try to be good but deep down slippin Kim can’t hide her true self. I imagine she’ll have to leave him simply because she can’t control her bad side. It’s gonna be sad to see tbh

4. Back To Top    #614
    Status
    A Bargain at Twice the Price! Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1222 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    If this doesn’t bite Kim in the ass I’ve got to think that one of their future escapades will. She’s as much like Saul as Jimmy is right now and you’ve got to think that something along those lines is what will keep her from the Breaking Bad timeline.
    Yep. She enjoyed partnering with "Slipping Jimmy" and, despite having warned him off playing that game while he awaits reinstatement of his law license, the temptation for her is stronger than I could have ever imagined. Of course, I'm always wrong about what will happen on the show, but that doesn't stop me from speculating. Right now I'm seeing her going down hard. Jimmy enumerated the crimes committed over Huell (e.g., 200 counts of mail fraud), and there's also issues associated with her behavior toward the judge the the prosecutor, neither of whom will be inclined to mercy. She brought in associates from her firm. To me, Kim and her firm are going down, and Jimmy comes out smelling like a rose. The question for me now is does she take the fall for Jimmy and tell him to stay out of it, or does he refuse to step up and let her swing in the breeze alone? I can see him trying to step in to rescue her, like he did the old lady at the nursing home when he set himself up after she'd been ostracized by her friends over his actions behind her back. I can see her discouraging him in that because his stepping in won't help her and will just create one more casualty.

On the other hand, it could be the Huell thing will just go away (although maybe not because "less is more") and she'll go down for one or more future escapades. I could see her disbarred and disgraced, though. Jimmy wouldn't abandon her, though, so something has to happen to render her "she who is never named again" for BB.

5. Back To Top    #615
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    586 Post(s)
    Level
    It's amazing how online many people think Kim is out of character right now. While I'm not saying she's ever been as bad as Jimmy and probably never will be it's as if people forgot "Gisele St. Clair"

She clearly gets a high out of doing this stuff. Even if she knows it's wrong and probably would never want to do this full time this actually kinda makes sense and explains what she sees in Jimmy. Jimmy kinda brings the worst out in Kim. He enables her dark side aka Slippin' Kimmy. Kim doesn't see it that way though.

That said, Kim also hasn't really crossed the line in the same way Jimmy has because Kim so far is only doing it to help people in a Robin Hood sorta way instead of in a selfish Jimmy way. She knows what was happening to Huell was wrong. Not that Huell was a good guy or anything but his punishment did not fit the crime and I also think what whatsherface said about Jimmy also pushed Kim in that direction a bit. Kim has been shown to actually give a shit about criminals. Not like hardcore criminals or anything but lesser evils, I guess.

This season Kim is all over the place (and so is Jimmy) but I think it's intentional. Chuck's death really did a number on the two whether they realize it or not. I think in time Kim will eventually stop when it gets too bad but I just don't understand the people that act like Kim never had a dark side.

I'm just really interested to see what happens to Kim because she was not shown in Breaking Bad and I feel like if she went down for doing bad shit because of Jimmy that Jimmy probably would have tried to stay out of crime instead of going further in that direction. If it's Jimmy's fault something happens to Kim he should have end up being the reverse Saul Goodman so I don't really think it can be that. I honestly feel like the only way this can end is with Kim fucking Jimmy over or doing something to him that makes him feel wronged that pushes him far to the dark side. Kim is basically the last thing keeping him from going all the way there and it's easy to see how it would happen. The 2 people that Jimmy tried to turn his life around for were Chuck and Kim and both of them screw him over so that means the only person he ever cared about left was Marco who never tried to hurt Jimmy and it would not shock me if Huell reminds Jimmy a lot of Marco and it is true that the 2 of them have probably spent more time together during the time jump than anyone else.

6. Back To Top    #616
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Level
    The finale was great. Werner never had a chance once he left and now Mike is fully immersed in Gus Fring’s world. The scene where Mike killed Werner was really well shot also. I’m hoping to see more of Lalo next season especially since he’s knows Gus is home to something. Jimmy’s speech to the bar association was one of the best scenes in the entire series with it leading up to him becoming Saul Goodman. Kim’s reaction was priceless although I don’t know how she was surprised by it. She was part of the plan all along so she should’ve know he was blowing smoke up their asses. It’ll be interesting seeing their relationship plays out next season. My only complaints would be that Nacho was seemingly sidelined as the season went on and that there wasn’t another Gene scene.

7. Back To Top    #617
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    586 Post(s)
    Level
    Outside of the stuff with Lalo that actually could have worked as a series finale.

Mike has proven himself to Gus and finally killed someone in cold blood.

Jimmy is officially practicing as Saul Goodman.

Kim has seen the real dark side of Jimmy and doesn't like it. She didn't have to say it. You could just see the look on her face. It's all downhill from here.

Gus has officially brought Gale on board to help with the meth lab.

Huell and Jimmy are partners (this wasn't in the episode but this season set it up)

Some closure on the Chuck and Jimmy storyline.

Howard and the others helping Jimmy realize that the law will never be fair no matter what you do to change. They are always going to see Jimmy as Slippin Jimmy just like they are always going to see that girl as a shoplifter. Time to stop trying to impress them because they will never give you their approval.

Really the only thing that stops this from being a potential series finale is the stuff with Lalo and Gus and we don't have any closure on Nacho's story. He was missing from the whole episode.

Great episode. Can't wait for next season. I hope next season is the last though. Jonathan Banks is getting old and he doesn't good and the show can't work without Mike.

8. Back To Top    #618
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Outside of the stuff with Lalo that actually could have worked as a series finale.

Mike has proven himself to Gus and finally killed someone in cold blood.

Jimmy is officially practicing as Saul Goodman.

Kim has seen the real dark side of Jimmy and doesn't like it. She didn't have to say it. You could just see the look on her face. It's all downhill from here.

Gus has officially brought Gale on board to help with the meth lab.

Huell and Jimmy are partners (this wasn't in the episode but this season set it up)

Some closure on the Chuck and Jimmy storyline.

Howard and the others helping Jimmy realize that the law will never be fair no matter what you do to change. They are always going to see Jimmy as Slippin Jimmy just like they are always going to see that girl as a shoplifter. Time to stop trying to impress them because they will never give you their approval.

Really the only thing that stops this from being a potential series finale is the stuff with Lalo and Gus and we don't have any closure on Nacho's story. He was missing from the whole episode.

Great episode. Can't wait for next season. I hope next season is the last though. Jonathan Banks is getting old and he doesn't good and the show can't work without Mike.
    Totally agree that it would’ve worked well as a series finale. There’s also Kim’s fate to wrap up also. I don’t know when they’d announce next season as the final one, but unless they plan on future seasons taking place during and after the Gene timeline I’d imagine next season will be it. If that happened they wouldn’t have to deal with Mikes age anymore either. It’ll be a sad day when the Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul world ends though.

9. Back To Top    #619
    Status
    A Bargain at Twice the Price! Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1222 Post(s)
    Level
    It felt like a penultimate series finale to me. This show doesn't leave loose ends, and I would have been incredibly disappointed with a final season that didn't resolve some things with Kim. I'd like to see the consequences of her little stunt in Lubbock, as she and Paige had already convinced the Mesa Verde guy that he couldn't build the branch he'd like without going through a time consuming process. How's she going to explain to him that he can build it after all, which he has to do now that the new plans got substituted for the approved plans. I'd also like some closure with Howard, although I don't know why. It's perfectly plausible that he will go on as he has been. Finally, I'd like to see the demise of Kim and Jimmy's relationship. It could end in so many ways with one or the other of them calling it quits for any one or more valid reasons. It would be cool to carry this through BB's first season, as Saul doesn't appear until season 2.

I'd like to see more of Gene and his situation, and I read an article recently (if I can remember where I found it, I'll post it here) in which not Gilligan but the other guy said that they haven't decided if they'll extend the show for a season of Gene.

Anyway, it feels like they're getting close, but this season's finale would not have satisfied me as a series finale by a long shot.

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162