Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminite View Post
    I hope not. Beth's death is not to be blamed on anyone but herself. She was the fool who decided to try and stand-up to Dawn while in a small hallway packed full of police officers with guns. I could see maybe Noah blaming himself a little and having trouble coming to terms with her dying, but other than that I don't think Rick will blame Tyreese and Daryl. The plan would have worked fine if Beth hadn't been so silly.
    Exactly what I was thinking when I read this thread. She would have escaped with them if she hadn't done what she did. I'm sure they would have thought of a plan to get Noah back

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by famouslastwords View Post
    I agree with @Terminite. If Rick hadn't killed Bob they would still have 3 cops to trade and Noah could have left with them. So it makes no sense for Rick to go around blaming people. Plus the plan would have worked if Beth wasn't so quick to attach herself emotionally to Noah and if she hadn't done something impulsive that endagered all of them. Beth's death is not supposed to be anyone's fault. Just a kid making a bad decision. As they tend to do.

Rick isn't going to think Beth is stupid. Just that something unfortunate happened to one of their young members.
    Yep. If anything Rick should blame himself or possibly Sasha, if they had officer Bob then Noah wouldn't be taken. Although it's still possible beth would've pulled that dumbass move.

Really though, the blame lies squarely on Beth for her own death.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Level
    They are going to be on the road with no shelter. Blaming others (or even themselves) will be a luxury they have little time for. I'm sure we'll see them all grieving the loss of a young girl yet again, but I don't see a lot of finger pointing in their future.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    *sigh* Beth, Beth, Beth. You'd have hurt Dawn more if you'd sung her a song in that hallway... Dawn may have even killed herself and saved you the trouble. (Oh, I kid. I liked Beth and I really liked her songs. But her death was so badly written. Wrong thread, wrong thread, you can't go back Bob. And you probably can't get decent coffee either. Not in the zombie apocalypse.)
    Ahem! Where was I.

Rick won't blame Daryl or Tyreese for Beth's death, but he may be more likely to think his ideas are superior to theirs. Ultimately Beth is responsible for her own death, because the writers hated her and killed her off in the laziest way possible, and this is why we can't have nice things and woman in the fridge and scissors in the chest, really? How many little girls are these writers gonna kill? Summer, Amy, Sophia, Penny, Meghan, Lizzie, Mika, Beth-- kind of-- Ugh, I did it again. Where's that coffee.

TL;DR---> Rick's faith in his own judgement will increase, and just as importantly, the audience's faith in his judgement will increase. This could have interesting payoffs down the road.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1394 Post(s)
    Level
    Rick has a habit of shouldering guilt, so I think he'll press the blame on himself over anybody. He'll be thinking, "I should've done something," or "If only I said this," or "Maybe I should've hauled Bob's broken ass to the Hospital."

At the same time, I do think these events will make him contemplate disregarding the opinions of the group before hatching his schemes. I could see this and the whole Hunters/Termites situation giving rise to his dormant "Ricktator" persona. While we don't know for sure whether Rick's plan to "kill 'em all" would've worked any better, we do know that going back to kill the Termites might've saved Bob for sure.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't think Rick is looking at anyone to blame. Ty's plan was working perfectly until Beth got stabby. We know it was a stupid decision to stab Dawn but Rick isn't going to cast that on her. Tbh I highly doubt the group will discuss exactly what happened again. They'll bury her, mourn and then start the move on to the next place to stay. Like @Island Girl said, there's no time for blaming when they are out on the road like that.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    There's no one to blame for Beth's death except Beth. The plan worked, she was safe with her family, Rick was still talking/negotiating with Dawn - they may have been able to get Noah back peacefully in the end. Beth made a stupid impulsive decision. I think Rick knows she is the only one to blame (not that they will ever discuss blame, b/c it's done and over) because he had recently given his own child the talk about never letting your guard down, and it only takes a second to make a fatal mistake.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Level
    @ScifiSpirit Sorry everybody 'misunderstood' the question.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1743 Post(s)
    Level
    Rick won't blame anyone. But the next situation Rick will do what he thinks is right and not listen to others. At least that i what i would do.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    I find that I don't read anything into interviews any more because I tend to put more thought into the show than the writers do which I then find frustrating.
    However, I don't think they'll do much blaming. I don't think Rick will blame anyone, and if he does, it'll be himself because he's that kinda guy.
    I think more than anything, if Tyresse or Daryl feel slightly responsible for her death they'll feel it themselves. And especially where Daryl is concerned, Rick would probably try and lessen the blame if Daryl did blame himself.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast