Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ScifiSpirit View Post
    If Rick isn't centered more in 5b and continues to be lacking in episodes and not be the center of the group, then I know my disappointment will grow even more. Bottle episodes are ok, but they are problematic. You can't have too many in a row and you can't rely on them to tell the story either. I wouldn't mine one here or there, but not a quarter of the season, that's too much. So....we'll see.
    Don't worry, Rick will be in the background at some point just doing the side head nod glare frowny face. We'll get plenty of Rick in that regard.

The story presented in the OP video could have been so epic. Imagine our Survivors showing up just in the middle of a battle between the Cops and Wards. It's pandemonium. And they know Carol and Beth are there. Now we have a 3 sided fight, not just Human vs Human or Human vs Zombie. And there is even tons of moral grey area here because nobody knows who is good, they are just all trying to survive. Beth somehow could have saved Carol and Noah by sacrificing herself in a heroic way rather than sacrificing herself in a vindictive way. Because that's what I felt, she was being vengeful against Dawn, it was self-serving to her satisfaction that Dawn get what she deserves. That's handling a character death very poorly.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    I completely agree that the audience should have seen more of the cops involved in the raping of the wards. It was eluded to by Dawn, but with us only seeing Gorman, it really took away from them as antagonists. Too much time was spent on Beth and not enough on the hospital staff. I usually become attached to the villains and are able to relate to their thinking. This set was a joke and that never happened. To much treading lightly gong on. If they really wanted to get the audience invested, then they would have made the audience wonder what the cops might have been don't to Carol's unconscious body. My hate for Beth was so strong that I basically saw these people as the good guys doing all of us a favor and that's no fun for me.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1741 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by day dreamer View Post
    It's not like this show has ever had stellar writing in the first place but I think it comes down to the fact that they used a character that the majority of the GA didn't care about, then she did something stupid to get herself killed. They probably feel like it wasted their time. (The casual viewers I know certainly think it did.) They could've either 1) Put a different character in Beth's place, or B) Had her stab Dawn in the eye or neck to make it look like she was actually trying to kill her and it would've been a little bit better.
    The way they had her attack Dawn was dumb. It was almost like they didn't care. They should of had her shot in the back as they were leaving.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Level
    I think the terminus arc was the best this season..by far. The hospital arc sucked imo..we really didn't learn anything. I was expecting to learn more about Dawn and her story..but we got nothing. Abe's episode sucked as well..imo of course. Other then that the season was really good

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ScifiSpirit View Post
    If Rick isn't centered more in 5b and continues to be lacking in episodes and not be the center of the group, then I know my disappointment will grow even more. Bottle episodes are ok, but they are problematic. You can't have too many in a row and you can't rely on them to tell the story either. I wouldn't mine one here or there, but not a quarter of the season, that's too much. So....we'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre View Post
    Don't worry, Rick will be in the background at some point just doing the side head nod glare frowny face. We'll get plenty of Rick in that regard.
    I'm confident we will have Rick front and center during the second half of Season 5. If only A) February 8 came sooner, B) We got some more trailers or interviews from TPTB giving us more info on what is to come for the second half of Season 5 or C) We got the names and the descriptions of the episodes from the 2nd half. If any of those happened then it would make this hiatus more bearable.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Level
    It was a failure, I keep watching because I am a loyal fan.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Rock Your Own World! Element Girl's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't think it was a failure though I am not fan of the bottle episodes. I didn't love them in 4B nor 5A though I think they were slightly better in 5A. I think the show is introducing too many new characters and not developing the characters that they have. I want to know more about them before meeting more people. I also felt the hospital storyline was odd and poorly developed. I did see the real threat in the episodes and the bad guys were not that scary as someone else stated "everything was eluded to". I think the whole "where is Beth?" was already done with "where is Carol?" Beth should have had a more interesting and developed storyline. I felt the storyline was such a cop out to get people to care about Beth more so they could make it more tragic when they killed her. They could have done so many different things if that was their end game. I missed seeing Michonne, Rick, and Maggie/Glenn with a real storyline!

I did love No Scantuary. It was my favorite!

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Level
    I thought it was pretty good compared to the other seasons and No Sanctuary is my favorite episode to date. I'm not a huge fan of bottle episodes and three in a row was a bit much because it slowed the storylines down too much and took away from the rest of the characters.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Level
    @Christ2010Grad - this has been the best ever hiatus for me cause I don't really give a shit after this crap they pulled. It's great, I don't have to worry about getting my hopes up.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Element Girl View Post
    I missed seeing Michonne, Rick, and Maggie/Glenn with a real storyline!
    Along with Carl, those were the people who were sidelined this first half of the Season. Those are the people I want to see in the foreground and getting the most screentime in Season 5B.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast