Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Level

I want Jesus on the show not Aaron! (comic spoilers)

As a gay male I have been waiting for a gay male character on the show for a long time.(sure Daryl COULD BE gay but I'm guessing that TPTB keep him asexual forever rather than risk him having sex with anyone)

A gay male character is going to be introduced during 5B though...which will probably be Aaron.

I don't like or hate Aaron...he is so uninteresting that it's hard to do either. Aaron is like a piece of cardboard. There really is nothing about him that is interesting other than the fact that he is gay.

This is why I want the show to skip Aaron and just give us Paul/Jesus instead because he is a fucking badass who just happens to be gay! Jesus is full of personality and tricks and he is far more interesting than Aaron.

I hope Gimple did some remixing with the comics to the show with this!
    Last edited by crossb0w; January 12th, 2015 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Guess I clicked on the wrong section...I meant to post this to the speculation section

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Level
    i feel the reason Aaron will be introduced as the gay character is that he is a open gay character that lives with Eric and everyone knows bout them...

but Jesus, nobody knows he's gay but us and the guy we saw him with...Jesus is still in the closet so i doubt they will introduce Jesus as a gay character until way after we get to know how badass he is...just like in the comics...and we only saw those 2 frames with him and the other guy real quick and it was never mentioned again...☺...

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    We could arrange to have you carried. AdamUpBxtch's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by crossb0w View Post
    As a gay male I have been waiting for a gay male character on the show for a long time.(sure Daryl COULD BE gay but I'm guessing that TPTB keep him asexual forever rather than risk him having sex with anyone)

A gay male character is going to be introduced during 5B though...which will probably be Aaron.

I don't like or hate Aaron...he is so uninteresting that it's hard to do either. Aaron is like a piece of cardboard. There really is nothing about him that is interesting other than the fact that he is gay.

This is why I want the show to skip Aaron and just give us Paul/Jesus instead because he is a fucking badass who just happens to be gay! Jesus is full of personality and tricks and he is far more interesting than Aaron.

Even though Noah might be their ticket into Alexandria i still think Aaron should be introduced first before Jesus, because Noah may not be talking about Alexandria and could just be talking about Shirewilt as the place he is from and Aaron is the one who brings them to Alexandria and should be introduced. Having more than one gay male character will be great. Jesus will be introduced, but i doubt anytime soon, probably mid or end-of S6 is when i see him being introduced.

also like @Lostie said, Aaron is an open gay character and will be great to appease to the gay population that watches the show which is why i'm sure Aaron is being introduced before Jesus

plus the TV version of Aaron will most likely be fleshed out more than the comic version (Example: Rosita who has received actual development and a back-story in the show)
    Last edited by AdamUpBxtch; January 12th, 2015 at 02:46 AM.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Level
    If they rehash Aaron so he's untecognisable then I'm done. Aaron's ine of my favourite characters and he's areival is something I've been patiently waiting for fir a long time now
    i think with Paul he was made gay in the spur of the moment kind of thing, there was no indication of it before he was revealed to be gay and since it was revealed he's had like two or three scenes with his boyfriend, I also seem to remember Kirkman saying he made him gay to show that the 'stronger' characters can be gay as well or something, I think it was in letter hacks one time

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Level
    There's this pic that might say otherwise. I'm not sure what more has been said or confirmed about this pic though.

Spoiler Spoiler:

But it's about time we had a male gay character on the show. Some show's still seem nervous to go near that. It's great to see Tara's character on there, and it's not even thrown in our faces (imo). And I've said before, I wouldn't mind if Daryl turned out gay, would suit how he's so closed off about himself (what with having Merle as a brother). It'd almost be Dumbledore-esque.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Zomhead View Post
    There's this pic that might say otherwise. I'm not sure what more has been said or confirmed about this pic though.

Spoiler Spoiler:

But it's about time we had a male gay character on the show. Some show's still seem nervous to go near that. It's great to see Tara's character on there, and it's not even thrown in our faces (imo). And I've said before, I wouldn't mind if Daryl turned out gay, would suit how he's so closed off about himself (what with having Merle as a brother). It's almost be Dumbledore-esque.
    Pin regards to that picture I seem to remember reading that it is just a member of the crew. He's been seen multiple times during filming as just a crew member.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    I do think if they are going to introduce Jesus it should be either this season or next because despite what AMC says, this show won't last another 10-15 years. They are lucky if they get season 10 (That's not to say the franchise dies, but the spinoff could take over or something)

So my point is introduce Jesus soon so people can care about him, introducing him a season or two before the show ends would be stupid, because then he's just a guy they meet along the way instead of a guy that's been on this long journey with them (and the audience) that's why it was so important to introduce Maggie & Michonne early on because now people feel like they are part of the core group even if they weren't in the first season. You look at a character like Tyreese who really didn't join the group until the very end of season 3 and he didn't get the luxury of being with them during the times when his character could have grown. I think about how the Tyreese of today would have been perfect for the farm. Obviously Jesus is much different than Tyreese so you don't need to worry about those small humanity things that Tyreese is still dealing with but they should introduce him soon so he has time to grow with the group, not saying Jesus will but if he ever does get moments where he starts to crack the audience might actually care about him. Tyreese just joined the group and all the sudden he became a problem without letting the audience care about him.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Pin regards to that picture I seem to remember reading that it is just a member of the crew. He's been seen multiple times during filming as just a crew member.
    Cheers. I just recalled seeing the article and pic a while ago.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by crossb0w View Post

Im a gay man too
    personally I just want INTERESTING CHaracters on TWD
    gay, straight, bi, Welsh , or geek
    just interesting......

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by finlay View Post
    Im a gay man too