Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Level

Martin's words to Tyreese (Possible Comic Spoilers)

Rewatching No Sanctuary and Martin casually mentions to Tyreese how the fellow Termites aren't his friends they are simply "people he survives with". Anyone think that will come to light in 5B concerning Abe vs Rick/Maggie Suicide (or even Ty checking out himself?).

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Level
    Meaning someone will think there's no point, because Team Rick isn't their real family, just 'people'? Eh. That's hard to buy for Maggie, because yes, she has Glenn, but she's also been 'just surviving' with these people for quite some time. Though I guess when you're depressed, anything is possible. Maybe she'll realize that these are the people who kind of forced her out of her old home, though that would happen eventually. And Ty has Sasha, who would need him now that Bob is deadcicles, so I can't imagine that for him either.

For Rick and Abe, I guess there could be a begrudging, "I'm stickin' with you because I have to" kind of thing, but I'm not sure to what end.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm not sure I understand your question, but I think there's a difference between the termites and Rick's group. Rick and the others had many bonding experiences and consider themselves family, not just friends. The termites are together just to survive and trap others. I also think Abe and Rick are becoming closer, but not bfs yet, that could change either way. I don't think Tyreese or Maggie will commit suicide but Maggie is most likely very sad since Beth's death, the last of her family members. I do think Tyreese will die, but through stupidity not suicide, like refusing to kill someone whose threatening you and yours.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    I think Tyreese will think that they are all just people he's surviving with now, seeing how much the world has change and how....savage they've all become. But I don't think Tyreese is going to kill himself.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    I love that quote as it illustrates that not everyone is all about the new family in a ZA idea. Some people are just gojg to be tagging along as an act of self preservation. I would enjoy seeing a scene where a character makes it clear to Rick that they aren't his family and that if a stronger group comes along then they will split. One doesnt necessarily have to buy into the family concept to be an important and contributing member of a group. I was actually disappointed that this want touched on more in the hospital story. Before Carol was taken I was really hoping that there were gojg to be members of the group that spoke up and said that they weren't risking their lives to rescue Beth since she hasn't in any way, shape, or form proven that she would do the same. Once Carol was taken I knew it wasn't going to happen since she had just risked her life to save all of them.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    beautiful and brilliant Cheekbones's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Level
    I actually do think that might come back via Abe. The rest of them have family or have been together long enough that they consider each other family or think that fist bumps make them family.

Quote Originally Posted by HateForTheMasses View Post
    I love that quote as it illustrates that not everyone is all about the new family in a ZA idea. Some people are just gojg to be tagging along as an act of self preservation. I would enjoy seeing a scene where a character makes it clear to Rick that they aren't his family and that if a stronger group comes along then they will split. One doesnt necessarily have to buy into the family concept to be an important and contributing member of a group. I was actually disappointed that this want touched on more in the hospital story. Before Carol was taken I was really hoping that there were gojg to be members of the group that spoke up and said that they weren't risking their lives to rescue Beth since she hasn't in any way, shape, or form proven that she would do the same. Once Carol was taken I knew it wasn't going to happen since she had just risked her life to save all of them.
    I think if they had actually decided to go on a search & rescue mission for Beth, Abe would have probably said that he wasn't risking his life to search for someone he doesn't even know since he wasn't interested in waiting for Carol/Daryl and the Bob thing.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zinc View Post
    I actually do think that might come back via Abe. The rest of them have family or have been together long enough that they consider each other family or think that fist bumps make them family.

I think if they had actually decided to go on a search & rescue mission for Beth, Abe would have probably said that he wasn't risking his life to search for someone he doesn't even know since he wasn't interested in waiting for Carol/Daryl and the Bob thing.
    It made no sense to me why they had them leave before they made it back. I know that it was supposed to show Abe's sense of urgency to get to DC but all they would have had to have done was have Daryl make it back before they took off. This would have added so much to the decision to go with them amd would have saved Maggie's character a lot of the beat down its has gotten from the audience.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't really see anyone in the group right now having that mentality. Even Abe and Co. They might not consider Team Prison family, but I doubt they think they're just "assholes they survive with." They respect them.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level
    Abe is not really into the "family" thing yet but he might be headed in that direction. His priority was Eugene and now? I actually hope he stays a jerk because I won't care if he gets offed. Tara and Rosita are becoming famiy. Eugene is the weird uncle that lives in grandma's basement.
    Tyreese has Sasha and he had Judith. He obviously loves his sister and that little girl. I also think that he has an odd bond with Carol. Not romantic but there is this sense that they would protect each other. Tyreese is the one helping her out of the hospital and she hasn't talked about "The Grove" with anyone.
    Like any family some are closer to each other than others.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Queen Rose of The Kingdom Carl's Right Eye's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    I love that quote as it illustrates that not everyone is all about the new family in a ZA idea. Some people are just going to be tagging along as an act of self preservation.
    Once again, I agree with you. I believe Dawn's group had the same mentality, as did at least some of the Woodbury people. Martin was the first to express that thought but I believe we'll see this with certain colonies in the future.

Not everybody in the groups will be sitting around the fire at night singing Kumbaya and I hope we see at least one group stage a coup d'etat or rebel against their leader. While Abe will butt heads with Rick, I don't believe he'll vie for the leadership position and I don't believe not feeling part of the Rick family will cause anyone to attempt suicide @Tschandler. However, grief for a dead sister or brother might lead to a suicide attempt. I hope the writers don't go in that direction but we'll see soon.