Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level

The Walking Dead: Andrew Lincoln Previews The Dream-Like Midseason Premiere

Where were we when we last watched “The Walking Dead” this past November… does anyone remember? Ah, yes — we were watching Daryl (Norman Reedus) cradle the body of Beth (Emily Kinney), who had just been murdered in an instant after the gang carried out her dangerous rescue. That’s where we were.
    And that’s pretty much where we’ll be when we pick up again this Sunday (February 8) at 10PM, with a worn and wearied group of Grimes Gang survivors trying to pick up their shattered pieces. But according to Grimes himself, Andrew Lincoln, don’t count on anything you’ve seen before when it comes to the midseason premiere, “What Happened and What’s Going On.”
    “It’s a beautiful episode,” the bearded man told MTV News over the phone. “It reminded me of Terrence Malick, it was so dream-like and visually intoxicating. It was an amazing thing, and it was right in my sweet spot, the script. I just went, ‘This is amazing.’”
    Click here to keep on reading:

http://www.mtv.com/news/2068392/walk...=share_twitter

I like where he said we would be thrilled about Michonne's character journey. Confirms that Michonne will get some significant screentime in this upcoming second half and that it will pertain to the season's theme of "What We Become."

I wonder how @Katanas, @DoctorWhat, @Meeka and others will react to this........

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1394 Post(s)
    Level
    The fact that Glenn and Michonne are going to be a focus in 5B couldn't make me happier.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhat View Post
    The fact that Glenn and Michonne are going to be a focus in 5B couldn't make me happier.
    Me neither. Andrew Lincoln said that we are going to like what Glenn does in Season 5B. He mentions Michonne as well. I'm guessing that is his way of saying, "You are going to like what Glenn and Michonne do in Season 5B. Especially Glenn."

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Level
    It has never been implied that the season theme is "what we become".. It's actually been said and implied that it's" we get to come back". The question is if you want to.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Mac View Post
    It has never been implied that the season theme is "what we become".. It's actually been said and implied that it's" we get to come back". The question is if you want to.
    Actually the theme of this season has implied and outright stated to be "What we become." If you don't belive me see here:

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Christ2010Grad View Post
    Actually the theme of this season has implied and outright stated to be "What we become." If you don't belive me see here:

http://i59.tinypic.com/v592c4.jpg
    The makes no sense to me, from what Glenn had to say in the first half to Rick in terminus and the church, to Daryl actually saying to Carol "we get to come back".." what we become " and" who we become " are two different things. I see it as we can choose to become a savage with zero humanity or keep who you were before and do what you have to do to survive. Not really look to debate it, I just don't see it like that..

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Level
    I remember Melissa McBride saying season 5 was going to reflect "Who you are now. Who are you now?"

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by darknessfalls View Post
    I remember Melissa McBride saying season 5 was going to reflect "Who you are now. Who are you now?"
    I'm taking this from the Gimple and Kirkman interview and this is what Gimple said the theme was going to be:

Season four explored the things people do to stay alive. What's the theme of season five?
    Gimple: Rick said, and before that Robert said it in the comics: Are we too far gone to be people anymore, to actually be human beings, to be able to relate to one another on an emotional level, to be able to live a real humanistic and emotional life -- are we too far gone? Next season really is who do we become after that? Once that question is answered for ourselves, who are these people? That idea will be explored a few different ways.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...kirkman-692168

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Level
    Exactly what I just said lol

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Christ2010Grad View Post
    I'm taking this from the Gimple and Kirkman interview and this is what Gimple said the theme was going to be:

Season four explored the things people do to stay alive. What's the theme of season five?
    Gimple: Rick said, and before that Robert said it in the comics: Are we too far gone to be people anymore, to actually be human beings, to be able to relate to one another on an emotional level, to be able to live a real humanistic and emotional life -- are we too far gone? Next season really is who do we become after that? Once that question is answered for ourselves, who are these people? That idea will be explored a few different ways.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...kirkman-692168
    Yup, that works with her quote. It's like a beginning middle and end to this one question. The beginning was season 4 with how they all had to do things/ask themselves questions that they wouldn't have had to have done before the ZA. So now season 5 is kind of like the middle. Now that those things have happened and they had to face those difficult questions, who are they now? Who do they want to be now? So I'm guessing season 6 will be a blanketed conclusion to this question to say what they have become... and what that means for them amongst the other members of the group... (?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast