Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Level
    I have the feeling it will mean at least something, but I can't really relate it to any character we know at this point. It might be some sort of easter egg for characters that we haven't encountered yet though.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    i suspect you may be right. I looked up the book "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde." According to SparkNotes the major themes of the book are The Duality of Human Nature and the Importance of Reputation. Interesting motifs include Violence Against Innocents and Urban Terror explained as "throughout the novel, Stevenson goes out of his way to establish a link between the urban landscape of Victorian London and the dark events surrounding Hyde. He achieves his desired effect through the use of nightmarish imagery in which dark streets twist and coil, or lie draped in a fog, forming a sinister landscape befitting the crimes that take place there." The fog reference calls to mind the promo where they are all literally in that fog.
    I also was not aware that Jekyll/Hyde dies because of suicide. I look forward to see if/how this may play out during 5b.

http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/jekyll/themes.html

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Could this be directly related to Tyreese and his conflicted view of his life? Dr Jekyl is everything that Tyreese was raised to believe was correct. Respect others, don't hurt those weaker etc. Mr Hyde is the face that Tyreese avoids, like in the hut with Martin or his refusal to sacrifice his humanity for the sake of his own survival. When Tyreese loses it, he's a fearsome foe and knows it. I think Tyreese was ultimately frightened that he would stay as Mr Hyde and so clung to the Dr Jekyl elements of his life to stay sane.

Or it could just be an analogy of the whole premise of TWD which is that given enough time - everyone is a monster.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyMisery View Post

Or it could just be an analogy of the whole premise of TWD which is that given enough time - everyone is a monster.
    Do like.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Level
    Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, the duality and the bad and the good in each person... which part predominates in each of us depends on many things (upbringing, decisions, beliefs, morals, experiences through our lives and more). So yes, this theme does have to do with Tyreese's last moments and his hallucinations and his struggle about being good in the ZA and if it could have changed things if he were a little bit evil in some points of his life (like the killing Martin or not). He was mostly good (mostly Jekyll).

The nice thing is that this theme is one that can be of importance for all the characters. Their struggle about still being good and not losing themselves too much but having to do bad things to survive.
    I think that figure of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde was included because it was an important theme for that episode, but also because it is an important theme for the show itself.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Level
    Well I've been thinking since it was in the twins room it makes a bit of sense. The pictures all featured one twin happy and the other kinda looking a bit mad side-eyeing his twin. Maybe it was also just revolving around that theme. Lizzie/Mika, bad/good in general. But I like the thought it represents something larger like everyone is a monster (also ironic because literally everyone is if they die bc they all have the virus). But also foreshadowing of new characters/change in current ones.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12