Thread: father gabriel

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

father gabriel

So how long will this group carry this bulk around with them?
    It is not that he could be their moral compass Food gatherer
    He can't fight off walkers, he doesn't make good decisions
    plus he is a smart ass!!!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayne23 View Post
    So how long will this group carry this bulk around with them?
    It is not that he could be their moral compass Food gatherer
    He can't fight off walkers, he doesn't make good decisions
    plus he is a smart ass!!!
    If they found a new home he could earn his keep in other ways. Maybe he's a good cook.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Level
    I think he'll adapt to the world around him at some point, you have to remember he hung inside and around his church most of apocalypse and avoided conflict with walkers. However once they reach the Safe-Zone, he'll fit in nicely.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ahhculdee View Post
    I think he'll adapt to the world around him at some point, you have to remember he hung inside and around his church most of apocalypse and avoided conflict with walkers. However once they reach the Safe-Zone, he'll fit in nicely.
    Indeed, once in a safe-zone, he could be quite an interesting antagonist, given his entirely different experience (or lack thereof) of life in the ZA. Bearing in mind that an antagonist does not necessarily have to be evil, just have goals that conflict with the protagonist's. I can see FG looking to avoid conflict at all costs, seeing (and portraying) Rick as something of a loose cannon who has been on the road too long and is incapable of negotiating/politics.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I can see him pulling some of his self interest BS and have a hatchet to the head
    I still can't get over his stunt where he left the church then with little interest of what
    he was doing to carl and michoone brought back a nice herd of zombies......
    everyone talks about tyreese being the one who still had his humanity and carl
    and michoone have showed it over and over again

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ysolde View Post
    Indeed, once in a safe-zone, he could be quite an interesting antagonist, given his entirely different experience (or lack thereof) of life in the ZA. Bearing in mind that an antagonist does not necessarily have to be evil, just have goals that conflict with the protagonist's. I can see FG looking to avoid conflict at all costs, seeing (and portraying) Rick as something of a loose cannon who has been on the road too long and is incapable of negotiating/politics.
    Although I hope they do more with him than they did with the comic. In the comic, minor spoilers, he tries to snitch on Rick to Douglas and Douglas tells him to get lost. I'd love to see that on the show.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ahhculdee View Post
    Although I hope they do more with him than they did with the comic. In the comic, minor spoilers, he tries to snitch on Rick to Douglas and Douglas tells him to get lost. I'd love to see that on the show.
    Still haven't read the comic, so don't know who Douglas is, but I am imagining it more along the lines of our group gets to a long-standing safe-zone. Some group or really evil folks come to attack. Rick wants to exterminate, but not everyone is sure. Leading the group for a "peaceful solution" would be Gabriel (and he would try to convince people that Rick is no longer fit to lead because he has been on the road too long, or something along those lines), with potentially disastrous consequences.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ysolde View Post
    Still haven't read the comic, so don't know who Douglas is, but I am imagining it more along the lines of our group gets to a long-standing safe-zone. Some group or really evil folks come to attack. Rick wants to exterminate, but not everyone is sure. Leading the group for a "peaceful solution" would be Gabriel (and he would try to convince people that Rick is no longer fit to lead because he has been on the road too long, or something along those lines), with potentially disastrous consequences.
    Douglas Monroe was the leader of the Alexandria Safe-Zone when Rick and friends got there. Don't know if he'll be there when we get there in TV Show, but he was a pretty major character in the comics, so hope he is.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    I fucking love him. He's been hiding away in that church this whole time, so the zombie-infested world is still new to him. Unlike the others, he chose to avoid and ignore the zombies instead of confronting them and killing any. He's got plenty of potential, to get used to the world and adapt to it. Maybe, in time, he'll become better at dispatching zombies.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Level
    i've read all the comics and believe me, Father Gabriel has to be one of the Most Minor characters in TWD....in fact to this day, Nobody knows where he is...Nobody has seen him in years, lol...☺...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast