First Photo Of The New Aquaman

Aqua-Khal Drogo!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Level
    He looks like water superman, which I guess is what they were going for.

I just can't get excited about DCs latest adaptations.

- - - Updated - - -

Addendum : can't tell how much is armor how much is tattoo.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Level
    Yeeeeeah, not going to be seeing this. I do NOT like Ben Affleck. And Jason Momoa as Aquaman? Really? Kind of like Jamie Foxx as The Shocker. It is all wrong. Makes no sense. And what's with Jasons "Rob Zombie" hair? He a very good actor, but not for Aquaman. Hollywood and the liberals are ruining Marvel and DC with all of their PC SHIT. The new Thor is a prime example. Caving to the feminazis to make Thor female?

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Level
    So, let's take a Blonde Hair, White Guy and make him Ethnic with Long Hair and scruffy beard. Political Correctness is a major problem.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    At least DC has their Thor now.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Level

Is not

They should have cast Mamoa as Namor

You dont just drastically change a character's looks like this right off the start. If there was ever a huge black super-hero that was made into a movie and they made the guy white, there would be riots in the streets.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level
    I just can't get excited for anything DC-related after they have made themselves clear that EVERYTHING revolves around either Batman or to a lesser extent Superman.

Superman is perhaps the most overrated comic character ever. His stories are usual cliche, boring, and the same thing rehashed over and over (though, when done correctly, Superman stories can be awesome). Not to mention he is not the moneymaker he used to be, with Man of Steel flopping commercially (c'mon, Guardians of the Galaxy made 300 million more they are just C-list comic stars) and critically. But Supes isn't the main problem with DC anymore...

...Batman is. The good ol' Wolverine Publicity trope needs to be renamed to Batman Publicity this day and age. There is no comic character more overused and shoved down the throats of the audience than Batman. His character used to be dark and mysterious, and now with so much overuse has become stale and bland. Yet, people eat it up and it has ruined DC comics for me. If any other hero gets popular, DC team them up with Batman and they get ruined as a result of the Bat always being written as superior to him (even Supes is garnering sympathy from me as Batman is made to make him even look shit now). Batman is always in a major role in all DC events and movies now too, unless they are focused on another hero solely. DC have actually fooled readers of their comics and watchers of their films into thinking without Batman it isn't important to the point it is starting to effect their revenues. Talk about terrible marketing strategy and they still refuse to stop with the Batman hype. Hell, without Batman, DC would go bankrupt because of their shortsightedness.

It makes me sad that great characters like Wonder Woman and Green Lantern have been pushed aside in order to make Batman look like a god (and he still isn't the number #1 superhero draw in the box office; Spider-Man is by miles and Marvel don't fucking shove him down peoples throats). Until DC get a little more creative, I refuse to buy or watch any of their products in spite.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravelord View Post
    I just can't get excited for anything DC-related after they have made themselves clear that EVERYTHING revolves around either Batman or to a lesser extent Superman.

Superman is perhaps the most overrated comic character ever. His stories are usual cliche, boring, and the same thing rehashed over and over (though, when done correctly, Superman stories can be awesome). Not to mention he is not the moneymaker he used to be, with Man of Steel flopping commercially (c'mon, Guardians of the Galaxy made 300 million more they are just C-list comic stars) and critically. But Supes isn't the main problem with DC anymore...

...Batman is. The good ol' Wolverine Publicity trope needs to be renamed to Batman Publicity this day and age. There is no comic character more overused and shoved down the throats of the audience than Batman. His character used to be dark and mysterious, and now with so much overuse has become stale and bland. Yet, people eat it up and it has ruined DC comics for me. If any other hero gets popular, DC team them up with Batman and they get ruined as a result of the Bat always being written as superior to him (even Supes is garnering sympathy from me as Batman is made to make him even look shit now). Batman is always in a major role in all DC events and movies now too, unless they are focused on another hero solely. DC have actually fooled readers of their comics and watchers of their films into thinking without Batman it isn't important to the point it is starting to effect their revenues. Talk about terrible marketing strategy and they still refuse to stop with the Batman hype. Hell, without Batman, DC would go bankrupt because of their shortsightedness.

It makes me sad that great characters like Wonder Woman and Green Lantern have been pushed aside in order to make Batman look like a god (and he still isn't the number #1 superhero draw in the box office; Spider-Man is by miles and Marvel don't fucking shove him down peoples throats). Until DC get a little more creative, I refuse to buy or watch any of their products in spite.
    I wonder how he will make his debut in the movie. Maybe he will walk through a sea of people and then use a spear on someone. Oh wait wrong guy.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Level
    Oh boy it's Khal-Drogo Conan AquaBarbarian.