Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level

What was Aaron thinking?

Ok so we know Ricks group have gotten through a lot. They're strong & scary at times but they're ultimately good people who would die for each other. (Well- most of them would die for most of them.) But Aaron didn't get to see that. He got to see the group at its weakest- physically & emotionally. He's also seen them doing a lot of crying & Sasha being reckless & breaking formation when they were trying to get rid of the walkers. She could've gotten someone killed. She cut Abraham! Then- Aaron watched them eat those dogs. Aaron was listening too- he probably heard them be rude to the Preacher man. I think it was when he was at that barn, Aaron mentioned about the group not turning on each other. That's about the only good thing he saw out of the group. If I was looking for people to join my Safe Zone, I sure as heck wouldn't want a bunch of weak people who cry a lot & eats dogs with 2 women who are batshit crazy. (Sasha, who don't seem to care who she hurts as long as she can get that rage out & Maggie who's a step away from the edge of a cliff.) I loved the storm & I didn't love seeing the group go hungry- but it was necessary for the show. I just don't know why they chose to write in those things right before Aaron & Eric showed up.
    So what do you think? Would you invite them to your place, even after seeing the group at their worst? As far as the show- what do you think made Aaron decide to approach Ricks group?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by crossbow_crazy8469 View Post
    Ok so we know Ricks group have gotten through a lot. They're strong & scary at times but they're ultimately good people who would die for each other. (Well- most of them would die for most of them.) But Aaron didn't get to see that. He got to see the group at its weakest- physically & emotionally. He's also seen them doing a lot of crying & Sasha being reckless & breaking formation when they were trying to get rid of the walkers. She could've gotten someone killed. She cut Abraham! Then- Aaron watched them eat those dogs. Aaron was listening too- he probably heard them be rude to the Preacher man. I think it was when he was at that barn, Aaron mentioned about the group not turning on each other. That's about the only good thing he saw out of the group. If I was looking for people to join my Safe Zone, I sure as heck wouldn't want a bunch of weak people who cry a lot & eats dogs with 2 women who are batshit crazy. (Sasha, who don't seem to care who she hurts as long as she can get that rage out & Maggie who's a step away from the edge of a cliff.) I loved the storm & I didn't love seeing the group go hungry- but it was necessary for the show. I just don't know why they chose to write in those things right before Aaron & Eric showed up.
    So what do you think? Would you invite them to your place, even after seeing the group at their worst? As far as the show- what do you think made Aaron decide to approach Ricks group?
    I think watching how the group dealt with such difficult circumstances actually showed Aaron how strong they are. A lot of people in that situation would have turned on each other, but they supported each other and stuck together. The fact that they cried over the people they lost is not a bad thing and doesn't make them weak. It shows that they still capable of feeling emotions and care about each other. The fact that they killed a pack of feral dogs that attacked them and didn't waste the meat shows that they are smart and capable of doing what is necessary to survive. Choosing not to take the water left by a stranger with only a note also shows that they are smart and cautious. Sasha's grief induced anger caused some problems, but the group dealt with them - sticking together. Plus Aaron would have heard Sasha and Maggie talking the morning after the storm so he would know they were better and still had hope - not just specifically for the two of them because they talked about others in the group as well. I don't think it was a coincidence that he chose to introduce himself at that moment. I think that was what fully convinced him this was a group of good people who would be valuable additions to the ASZ community.

This was definitely not the group at their worst. Far from it really. The family bond shines through here because they have been through worse and they know it. What could be worse than believing everyone you care about died at the prison or worrying that everyone you care about is going to be murdered and eaten by cannibals? Other than everyone you care about actually dying, nothing. No matter how bad the circumstances were, they still had each other. Losing Bob, Beth, and Tyreese so close together was tragic, but they are still family and still have each other for support. That's what Aaron saw - a family pulling together to help each other.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Level
    I totally agree with @meesha1971. They showed that even in the thoughest times they don't loose their minds and don't turn on each other. They stay together and help each other and that's something I'd like to have in my group if I were in Alexandria in hard times.

Also they've been surviving outside Alexandria (one of the safest places) for very very long, that means they know how to survive and how to deal with walkers and other baddies. Group family has not only good people but also good soldiers: Michonne, Rick, Glenn, Daryl, Maggie, Sasha, Carol, Abraham, Rosita, Carl... all of them are good soldiers and would be very useful to secure the roads and scavenge for food, water and other stuff that people in Alexandria might need.

So yeah, Aaron saw them in one of their "worst times" but even then they showed how good they are and how well they know to survive. Aaron made the right call IMO.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Level
    I think he said why in the episode..but I think he saw how they didn't turn on each other like a lot of people would do and how they managed to find food and managed to survive together..they are badass survivors at this point. So I assume they saw the bigger picture..they had to have realized that they're strong deep down..otherwise he wouldn't approach them

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    He saw real people. He didn't see them randomly attack innocent people, he didn't see them raping people, he didn't see the claimers. He saw people that have been through shit, a group that was willing to work together like a family and care for a child (no offense Carl, but kids can only do so much) and useless baby.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    I agree with the others. Difficult situations usually show others what you are really made of. And Aaron did not see jealousy or worse, maladaptive or criminal behavior such as murder or rape. Maggie calling out Father Gabriel just indicates that they don't always agree, which is a normal human response. Also, people crying is not a weakness. It indicates that they still have some of their humanity left if they are able to grieve people they've lost without shutting down or worse, engaging in criminal behavior like murder and rape. Aaron saw the bigger picture and I'm proud of Team Family for being the good people that they are and for being able to demonstrate that toward another decent person.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm sorry, sometimes when I type I'm not clear on what I really mean.
    As a group, they are strong. But as individuals, they were weak. Emotionally they've been through a lot in the past. But to add the physical part- hunger & thirst- I don't think they'd ever been so broken down.
    With the loss of Beth & Ty, the group has every reason to grieve. I don't exactly know when Aaron & Eric started watching & listening, but obviously it was after everything happened with Ty. So Aaron had no idea what happened with Ty or Beth. I was asking- if you came upon Rick's group & saw them doing the things they were doing & acting the way they were, would you want them to join your group? Even if you had a listening device- as Aaron & Eric did- you'd still need to get reasonably close to hear them. And they really haven't been talking too much about it.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    He saw real people. He didn't see them randomly attack innocent people, he didn't see them raping people, he didn't see the claimers. He saw people that have been through shit, a group that was willing to work together like a family and care for a child (no offense Carl, but kids can only do so much) and useless baby.
    Well to be fair here, Aaron & Eric didn't get to see the group interact with anyone other than each other.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by crossbow_crazy8469 View Post
    Well to be fair here, Aaron & Eric didn't get to see the group interact with anyone other than each other.
    Sure. But a group that big and diverse doesn't last that long with bad people.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Sure. But a group that big and diverse doesn't last that long with bad people.
    I don't know if that's necessarily true. If it weren't for the Termites "screwing with the wrong people", I think Terminus would still be there. That was a big & diverse group & they were pretty freaking bad!
    Also- are you willing to bet your life & the lives of those in your Safe Zone on what you said?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast