Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Offline
    Crotch Grabber ysolde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New York, NY
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,323
    Threads
    8
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Points
    338
    Level
    19

    Daryl Dixon: Last Man Standing

    I think it was in Still that Beth referred to herself as, "Just another dead girl," and said that Daryl would be the, "Last man standing." Well, Beth died earlier in Season 5, so I guess she was just another dead girl. Was there also truth in her statement that Daryl could be the last man standing? What does that mean, anyway, to be the last man standing? At the end of the world, isn't that almost a curse, to be alone (or to perceive yourself as alone) in a dead world? Or was this merely a metaphor, a reference to Daryl's strength and resilience in the face of life-long obstacles?

    What say you? Will Daryl still be there at the end of the series? Will he be alone, or in a community? Will he die with his boots on, fighting to the last? Will he, finding himself without his family, simply give up? Will he walk on, like Morgan, in hopes of finding others?

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Offline
    Open the door Sadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    With Tuco
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    13,344
    Threads
    36
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Points
    1,368
    Level
    39
    I hope not..I don't want him to be the last man standing..he'd probably end up sitting in the corner crying if he lost everyone..what a mess. Or he'd end up acting like an asshole like he did in the first 2 seasons. I highly doubt he'd be able to act like a normal, rational person if he lost Rick and co. I wouldn't be surprised if he survived the entire series though

  3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Offline
    Governor Dazed And Kwam-fused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Aaron and Eric's House
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,264
    Threads
    346
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Points
    9,970
    Level
    45
    I hope he dies or I can accept him just walking away into the sunset. As long as he leaves the show tbh.

  4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Offline
    Crotch Grabber ysolde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New York, NY
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,323
    Threads
    8
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Points
    338
    Level
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadie View Post
    I hope not..I don't want him to be the last man standing..he'd probably end up sitting in the corner crying if he lost everyone..what a mess. Or he'd end up acting like an asshole like he did in the first 2 seasons. I highly doubt he'd be able to act like a normal, rational person if he lost Rick and co. I wouldn't be surprised if he survived the entire series though
    I agree with you. First of all, I think Carl will be the last man standing (probably leading a community) in some sort of flash-forward at the end of the series. Flash-forwards are such the rage these days.

    Second of all, Daryl needs people to survive. If he is alone, he will just let himself die. He needs some sort of community/family/friends. Most people do. For Rick, the idea of finding his wife and son kept him going, but I'm not sure what he would have done had he found their bodies in the house during Season 1. The Morgans and Michonnes of this world, who lose everyone and somehow keep going, are rare creatures. Daryl? Wouldn't last long without a support system, I don't think. That's why he latched on to The Claimers.

  5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Offline
    Samurai Izz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Spain
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,841
    Threads
    3
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Points
    802
    Level
    19
    I guess Beth was just saying that he has the necessary fighting and hunting/providing skills to survive a long time in the post-ZA. So he could live as long as he wants to and have higher chances of surviving than others with poorer skills in doing that.

    Even though the "just another dead girl" was quite foreshadowing, I hope the "last man standing" isn't.

  6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Offline
    Open the door Sadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    With Tuco
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    13,344
    Threads
    36
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Points
    1,368
    Level
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by ysolde View Post
    I agree with you. First of all, I think Carl will be the last man standing (probably leading a community) in some sort of flash-forward at the end of the series. Flash-forwards are such the rage these days.

    Second of all, Daryl needs people to survive. If he is alone, he will just let himself die. He needs some sort of community/family/friends. Most people do. For Rick, the idea of finding his wife and son kept him going, but I'm not sure what he would have done had he found their bodies in the house during Season 1. The Morgans and Michonnes of this world, who lose everyone and somehow keep going, are rare creatures. Daryl? Wouldn't last long without a support system, I don't think. That's why he latched on to The Claimers.
    This is perfect..I agree with you 100%..I couldn't have said it any better myself

  7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Offline
    🌻🌼🌺🌷🌸 Mia's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sitting on Norman's nipple
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    30,455
    Threads
    104
    Mentioned
    1743 Post(s)
    Points
    16,757,687
    Level
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by ysolde View Post
    I think it was in Still that Beth referred to herself as, "Just another dead girl," and said that Daryl would be the, "Last man standing." Well, Beth died earlier in Season 5, so I guess she was just another dead girl. Was there also truth in her statement that Daryl could be the last man standing? What does that mean, anyway, to be the last man standing? At the end of the world, isn't that almost a curse, to be alone (or to perceive yourself as alone) in a dead world? Or was this merely a metaphor, a reference to Daryl's strength and resilience in the face of life-long obstacles?

    What say you? Will Daryl still be there at the end of the series? Will he be alone, or in a community? Will he die with his boots on, fighting to the last? Will he, finding himself without his family, simply give up? Will he walk on, like Morgan, in hopes of finding others?
    I think that was the worst thing she could have said to him. Norman even said as much. That Daryl does not want to be alone even if he acts like an ass he needs to be with people. The group is his family now and when he was not with them he was way off his game. Everyone says how well Beth knew him well she really didn't know crap about him. Him being the last man standing is the thing Daryl fears the most.

  8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Offline
    Samurai booksrbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    West by Golly Virginia
    Posts
    1,960
    Threads
    0
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Points
    1,764
    Level
    23
    Daryl has the skills to survive physically. I hate the premise that the show ends with one person alive. I want them to start to rebuild the world and that takes a lot of people.
    They'll have to add new elements to this show because why would Kirkman end his profitable comics?

  9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Offline
    "We could arrange to have you carried." AdamUpBxtch's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Virginia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,974
    Threads
    127
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Points
    4,449
    Level
    40
    The worst possible thing they could do is have him walk off into the sunset like some shitty wild-western movie.

    If anybody should walk off into the sunset it should be Rick and Carl (Like a Sheriff and his Deputy) Carl has the hat for it lol
    Last edited by AdamUpBxtch; February 28th, 2015 at 02:07 PM.

  10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Offline
    Crotch Grabber spectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,423
    Threads
    47
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Points
    567
    Level
    17
    Daryl, Season 27

    Spoiler Spoiler:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Topics

  1. SOA + Daryl Dixon
    By kirstenoid in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: November 12th, 2014, 10:04 AM
  2. daryl dixon No Hate !!
    By zombiechick94 in forum Daryl Appreciation
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: August 1st, 2014, 01:48 PM
  3. Tyreese, Carol and Rick's group standing
    By Princess Char in forum Relationships
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: April 8th, 2014, 08:39 AM
  4. What to expect from Daryl Dixon
    By KillingWalkers in forum Daryl
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: March 29th, 2013, 09:49 PM
  5. Could Daryl Dixon die this season?
    By KillingWalkers in forum Daryl
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: March 27th, 2013, 11:14 PM

Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.