Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Level

Daryl Dixon: Last Man Standing

I think it was in Still that Beth referred to herself as, "Just another dead girl," and said that Daryl would be the, "Last man standing." Well, Beth died earlier in Season 5, so I guess she was just another dead girl. Was there also truth in her statement that Daryl could be the last man standing? What does that mean, anyway, to be the last man standing? At the end of the world, isn't that almost a curse, to be alone (or to perceive yourself as alone) in a dead world? Or was this merely a metaphor, a reference to Daryl's strength and resilience in the face of life-long obstacles?

What say you? Will Daryl still be there at the end of the series? Will he be alone, or in a community? Will he die with his boots on, fighting to the last? Will he, finding himself without his family, simply give up? Will he walk on, like Morgan, in hopes of finding others?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Level
    I hope not..I don't want him to be the last man standing..he'd probably end up sitting in the corner crying if he lost everyone..what a mess. Or he'd end up acting like an asshole like he did in the first 2 seasons. I highly doubt he'd be able to act like a normal, rational person if he lost Rick and co. I wouldn't be surprised if he survived the entire series though

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    I hope he dies or I can accept him just walking away into the sunset. As long as he leaves the show tbh.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadie View Post
    I hope not..I don't want him to be the last man standing..he'd probably end up sitting in the corner crying if he lost everyone..what a mess. Or he'd end up acting like an asshole like he did in the first 2 seasons. I highly doubt he'd be able to act like a normal, rational person if he lost Rick and co. I wouldn't be surprised if he survived the entire series though
    I agree with you. First of all, I think Carl will be the last man standing (probably leading a community) in some sort of flash-forward at the end of the series. Flash-forwards are such the rage these days.

Second of all, Daryl needs people to survive. If he is alone, he will just let himself die. He needs some sort of community/family/friends. Most people do. For Rick, the idea of finding his wife and son kept him going, but I'm not sure what he would have done had he found their bodies in the house during Season 1. The Morgans and Michonnes of this world, who lose everyone and somehow keep going, are rare creatures. Daryl? Wouldn't last long without a support system, I don't think. That's why he latched on to The Claimers.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Level
    I guess Beth was just saying that he has the necessary fighting and hunting/providing skills to survive a long time in the post-ZA. So he could live as long as he wants to and have higher chances of surviving than others with poorer skills in doing that.

Even though the "just another dead girl" was quite foreshadowing, I hope the "last man standing" isn't.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ysolde View Post
    I agree with you. First of all, I think Carl will be the last man standing (probably leading a community) in some sort of flash-forward at the end of the series. Flash-forwards are such the rage these days.

Second of all, Daryl needs people to survive. If he is alone, he will just let himself die. He needs some sort of community/family/friends. Most people do. For Rick, the idea of finding his wife and son kept him going, but I'm not sure what he would have done had he found their bodies in the house during Season 1. The Morgans and Michonnes of this world, who lose everyone and somehow keep going, are rare creatures. Daryl? Wouldn't last long without a support system, I don't think. That's why he latched on to The Claimers.
    This is perfect..I agree with you 100%..I couldn't have said it any better myself

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1743 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ysolde View Post
    I think it was in Still that Beth referred to herself as, "Just another dead girl," and said that Daryl would be the, "Last man standing." Well, Beth died earlier in Season 5, so I guess she was just another dead girl. Was there also truth in her statement that Daryl could be the last man standing? What does that mean, anyway, to be the last man standing? At the end of the world, isn't that almost a curse, to be alone (or to perceive yourself as alone) in a dead world? Or was this merely a metaphor, a reference to Daryl's strength and resilience in the face of life-long obstacles?

What say you? Will Daryl still be there at the end of the series? Will he be alone, or in a community? Will he die with his boots on, fighting to the last? Will he, finding himself without his family, simply give up? Will he walk on, like Morgan, in hopes of finding others?
    I think that was the worst thing she could have said to him. Norman even said as much. That Daryl does not want to be alone even if he acts like an ass he needs to be with people. The group is his family now and when he was not with them he was way off his game. Everyone says how well Beth knew him well she really didn't know crap about him. Him being the last man standing is the thing Daryl fears the most.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level
    Daryl has the skills to survive physically. I hate the premise that the show ends with one person alive. I want them to start to rebuild the world and that takes a lot of people.
    They'll have to add new elements to this show because why would Kirkman end his profitable comics?

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    "We could arrange to have you carried." AdamUpBxtch's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Level
    The worst possible thing they could do is have him walk off into the sunset like some shitty wild-western movie.

If anybody should walk off into the sunset it should be Rick and Carl (Like a Sheriff and his Deputy) Carl has the hat for it lol
    Last edited by AdamUpBxtch; February 28th, 2015 at 02:07 PM.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Level
    Daryl, Season 27

Spoiler Spoiler:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast