1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level

Rick, Jessie, & Jessie's family

I really don't like this Rick & Jessie thing. My biggest problem with it is how quickly it started. It's like Rick's this animal who's come in from the wild and chose Jessie as "his". I just didn't think that Rick was like that- especially since she is married. She's married to a porch dick- but still married. What are your opinions about Rick liking Jessie?
    In the comics- I know that Pete is an abusive ass. But when I saw Jessie... I thought maybe that Pete was gonna be an ass- just not an abusive one on the show. For 1 thing, she didn't really act like an abused woman. Not that every abused woman has to be quiet & depressed person- kind of like Carol was. But I thought maybe we'd see a little bit of a difference in her around Pete. Last week at the party at Deanna's house, she didn't act any different at all. Them there's the clothes she wears. If he's hitting her, where is he hitting her at? Maybe he is sexually abusing her or threatening her. Poor little Sam was scared of something. What do ya'll think about this too?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Level
    Allegedly Rick likes her. He might be attracted to her but he really hasn't done anything that makes me think he's out of control because of Jesse.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by crossbow_crazy8469 View Post
    I really don't like this Rick & Jessie thing. My biggest problem with it is how quickly it started. It's like Rick's this animal who's come in from the wild and chose Jessie as "his". I just didn't think that Rick was like that- especially since she is married. She's married to a porch dick- but still married. What are your opinions about Rick liking Jessie?
    In the comics- I know that Pete is an abusive ass. But when I saw Jessie... I thought maybe that Pete was gonna be an ass- just not an abusive one on the show. For 1 thing, she didn't really act like an abused woman. Not that every abused woman has to be quiet & depressed person- kind of like Carol was. But I thought maybe we'd see a little bit of a difference in her around Pete. Last week at the party at Deanna's house, she didn't act any different at all. Them there's the clothes she wears. If he's hitting her, where is he hitting her at? Maybe he is sexually abusing her or threatening her. Poor little Sam was scared of something. What do ya'll think about this too?
    Agreed. It seems out of character to me. I could accept Rick being attracted to Jesse - she's a beautiful woman. But, to flirt with her, to kiss her cheek like he did, to observe her the way he does...it just doesn't seem like Rick. My crack pot theory is that Rick believes Jesse has been assigned by Deanna to get close to him, find out what makes him tick, find out if he can be trusted to play by the ASZ rules, etc. is playing a part - like Carol is - to lull Jesse and Deanna into a false sense of security until he finds out what's what.

I also don't think Pete is abusive. He's a drunk - which is bad enough, but I agree with you - Jesse doesn't seem to be a victim of domestic violence. Even if she were being abused - Rick would have started lusting after Jesse before he knew anything about it, so he's kind of a jerk for it. If we learn that Rick is misleading Jesse and Deanna, as Carol has been doing, then what looked like lust was just a ruse that's perfect fine with me. This is just about the only thing I can think of that would make sense and be redemptive for Rick.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    Agreed. It seems out of character to me. I could accept Rick being attracted to Jesse - she's a beautiful woman. But, to flirt with her, to kiss her cheek like he did, to observe her the way he does...it just doesn't seem like Rick. My crack pot theory is that Rick believes Jesse has been assigned by Deanna to get close to him, find out what makes him tick, find out if he can be trusted to play by the ASZ rules, etc. is playing a part - like Carol is - to lull Jesse and Deanna into a false sense of security until he finds out what's what.

I also don't think Pete is abusive. He's a drunk - which is bad enough, but I agree with you - Jesse doesn't seem to be a victim of domestic violence. Even if she were being abused - Rick would have started lusting after Jesse before he knew anything about it, so he's kind of a jerk for it. If we learn that Rick is misleading Jesse and Deanna, as Carol has been doing, then what looked like lust was just a ruse that's perfect fine with me. This is just about the only thing I can think of that would make sense and be redemptive for Rick.

I'm glad someone else saw this too- I didn't expect this from Rick. He's not like that- I didn't think he was like that anyway. I like your theory, I hope it's right. That really is the only thing that makes sense. The only thing that makes me nervous is the show just seems to be moving very fast. Faster than it should. They spent all that damn time trying to get to Terminus. It took like 2 or 3 episodes for the place to be wiped out completely. I didn't get that & I don't get this Rick & Jessie thing. I don't know what the big hurry is, there's gonna be (at least) a few more seasons.
    With Gabriel pretty much telling Deanna that Rick is Satan, Aiden getting killed on that run, & Deanna's realization that she's giving Ricks group a lot of power, things are prolly going to get bad. Mix that with Carol telling Rick he's gotta kill Jessie's husband, Pete, it will be interesting to see how Rick acts towards Jessie. Hopefully before the season is over we'll be able to tell what Ricks intentions really are.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by crossbow_crazy8469 View Post
    I'm glad someone else saw this too- I didn't expect this from Rick. He's not like that- I didn't think he was like that anyway. I like your theory, I hope it's right. That really is the only thing that makes sense. The only thing that makes me nervous is the show just seems to be moving very fast. Faster than it should. They spent all that damn time trying to get to Terminus. It took like 2 or 3 episodes for the place to be wiped out completely. I didn't get that & I don't get this Rick & Jessie thing. I don't know what the big hurry is, there's gonna be (at least) a few more seasons.
    With Gabriel pretty much telling Deanna that Rick is Satan, Aiden getting killed on that run, & Deanna's realization that she's giving Ricks group a lot of power, things are prolly going to get bad. Mix that with Carol telling Rick he's gotta kill Jessie's husband, Pete, it will be interesting to see how Rick acts towards Jessie. Hopefully before the season is over we'll be able to tell what Ricks intentions really are.
    It's nice to know I wasn't alone in thinking Rick's behavior is odd. But, my theory about Pete being the abuser has been dispelled by spoilers this week. At least the part about who the abuser is. I suppose there is some chance other parts of it could be accurate - but it's doubtful. All indicators point to this Rick being the one we're supposed to cheer on. I'm not sure I can do that - we'll see how the next two episodes go :)

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1394 Post(s)
    Level
    I think Rick sees "Lori" in Jessie. That's the source of his attraction. It's to bring back the old Rick-Lori-Shane triangle of season 2 since this season has been Throwback Thursday of sorts (Dale quotes, safe harbor, people with Hershel la de da what's a zombie mentality, etc.).

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhat View Post
    I think Rick sees "Lori" in Jessie. That's the source of his attraction.
    Really? I think it's more like Rick sees himself in Jessie. LOL Sorry...I had to.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1394 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by crossb0w View Post
    Really? I think it's more like Rick sees himself in Jessie. LOL Sorry...I had to.
    Jessie/Rick hits all my "OH GOD NO" buttons, but touche, sir.