Thread: Hell On Wheels

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

Hell On Wheels

I read on Dark Horizons that AMC ordered a third season. The shows creators are leaving the show and will only serve in a consultant capacity. Since they killed off so many main characters in the finale, it is difficult to predict what will happen. I love the show, it just seems disjointed at times.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    No, sorry I don't know. I love the show too.
    Here it is.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/253...a-third-season

"AMC has ordered a ten-episode third season of its western transcontinental railroad drama "Hell on Wheels".Anson Mount, Colm Meaney and Common star in the series which has averaged 2.4 million viewers per episode in its second season.Two people who won't be back are creators and show runners Joe and Tony Gayton who are stepping down as executive producers but are staying on in consulting positions.Considering this year's finale, in which several key characters were killed off, it's unsure what the show will look like when it returns."

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Pumpkin spice and everything nice Sassenach's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Level
    I could never get into this show. I really tried, but it was just so boring to me.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    A little late on this, but I don't really know if it's necessary to start another topic about this, but I'm really excited about this, Season 2 ended with such a bang, and I'm sure the reason for that is they thought they were going to get cancelled.

I don't know where they will go from there, but I'm sure they will find a way. And I don't think The Swede is gone forever, and the Indian boy (I know that might sound a little racist but I don't remember his name) will probably return.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I was really pissed that Lily was killed off. I liked her and Cullen as a pair. Ill watch season three just to see where it goes from here.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    682 Post(s)
    Level
    Dang I missed all of season 2 because of stupid Dish Network! I'll have to find a way to catch up on it.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    Also they are stepping down as executives, they are still staying on as consultants. So they will be able to point the new people in the right direction for now. /

And to anyone that thinks that this is a bad move. Glenn Mazzara replaced Frank Darabont.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I was BEYOND pissed that Lily died. BEYOND. And the fucking Swede isn't dead, that slimy bastard is going to pop up. I love the show and Anson Mount is beyond aesthetically pleasing.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    Anson Mount is awesome.

I've been thinking about going through his IMDB page and watching some of his other work, dude is a badass and I'd love to see him do a whole lot more movies. Yknow after Hell on Wheels... as that boat is probably about to sink, yes it gets a season 3 but we don't know how long this show can go on with the ratings it gets. The budget is big and the ratings aren't all that great. Hopefully it picks up on season 3 though.

The dude that plays the swede is a great actor though, his character is okay, but the guy is a good actor. I remember him on that syfy show Sanctuary.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Sans the premiere, Season 2 actually resonated better than Season 1 with me. But the finale can be comparable to building a house with Balsa Wood and Elmer's Glue.

I mean, after all, Durant goes to jail, Lily gets strangled, Mr. Toole blows his brains out, and the Swede will probably survive a fall that would kill or mangle just about anyone else - how do you recover from this believably?

Season 3 is gonna need some serious help in the writing department if they're gonna keep things interesting this time around. And I'm giving it three episodes. If there isn't enough substance to keep me reeled in with these three, I'm writing off the series.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast