Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by booksrbetter View Post
    Father Gabriel putting up the flyer was cool. Take that, Rick. The GMan ain't taking no poop off you.
    Yeah, I mean, I understand Rick isn't best buds with Gabe right now, but he was being very petty. Let the guy have his prayer circle, getting people together instad of having them panic and doing potentially stupid shit is his contribution.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Kordas View Post
    Yeah, I mean, I understand Rick isn't best buds with Gabe right now, but he was being very petty. Let the guy have his prayer circle, getting people together instad of having them panic and doing potentially stupid shit is his contribution.
    Rick was a major asshole last night. Father Gabriel wasn't advocating that the Alexandrians not prepare for defense "Because all life was precious". He was being a priest (A Gman) . Rick doesn't have any "faith" in religion and certainly doesn't have any "faith" in Father Gabriel but he was dismissive when he tore the flyer down.
    But then Rick was a jerk several times in Heads Up".

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    I did like how as soon as Rick stomped off, Gabriel just went like 'Welp' and stuck another flyer back up. I know that Rick thinks they're all useless idiots, but in parallel to Rosita's convo with Eugene talking about dying being the easy part, not being able to save your friends from dying being the hard part, I felt like him trying to give whoever wanted it a chance to get some emotional/spiritual comfort in what is likely the bleakest, most terrifying time a lot of the people in the Safe Zone have ever faced would do a lot to boost morale and help people get in a zone of accepting what they have to do.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by booksrbetter View Post
    Carol and Father Gabriel have several parallels. Both were weak and afraid when this all began. Both have lots of guilt because their weakness contributed to the death of people they cared about. Carol with Sophia and Father Gabriel with the parishioners of his church.
    Carol got stronger and learned how to fight. Father Gabriel resisted Carl's help initially but he asked him for help.
    he is very handsome so there's that.
    I'm glad there's some love for Seth Gilliam's character. The fact that so many people find Father Gabriel reprehensible to the point of booing him at the MSG premiere shows how amazing the actor is. However, unlike other people we "love to hate" (Enid, Jessie, Lori, etc.), we don't hate him because he's written poorly. Nope. In fact, the character is written too well and the actor portrays him TOO believably. Truthfully, Father Gabriel is probably one of the most complex characters that's not an original team member. When on screen, his facial expressions, subtle nuances and body language speak volumes even when he has no lines. I just hope we as fans learn to appreciate characters that require development over time.

It would be ridiculous to have him go from weak priest to fearsome Holy-man quickly. He needs a slow burn like Carol got. I would love to see FG choking people out with rosary beads, throwing communion wafers like ninja stars and bashing walker brains with a massive cross. However, I'm willing to be patient with his arc.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1394 Post(s)
    Level
    I have a feeling I'll be posting her more frequently.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Queen Rose of The Kingdom Carl's Right Eye's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    In fact, the character is written too well and the actor portrays him TOO believably. Truthfully, Father Gabriel is probably one of the most complex characters that's not an original team member. When on screen, his facial expressions, subtle nuances and body language speak volumes even when he has no lines. I just hope we as fans learn to appreciate characters that require development over time.
    Seth Gilliam is one of the top 3 or 4 actors on the show. I knew he would be from his stints on Oz and The Wire. He can convey more with facial expressions and body language than other actors/actresses on the show have been able to do with multiple bottle episodes.

Last night, the thing that pissed me off most was Rick ripping the Prayer Circle flyers down. The look on FG's face was heartbreaking - he looked like a puppy that had just been kicked. FG is truly trying to help, Rick just keeps smacking him down but FG gets right back up and keeps on trucking.

I wonder if Carl ever gave FG machete lessons but I suppose we'll find out soon.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Can Father Gabriel please get his own forum thread now that he's a regular?

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1394 Post(s)
    Level
    Gabriel was great last night. I loved him telling Rick he wouldn't run this time, and I do think that was a callback to the church from 5.08. Which makes me think Gabriel will be integral to Judith surviving in some way in the premiere.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level
    Father Gaberiel was awesome in the MSF.
    Although I was hoping to see a few extra take charge scenes from him which could have included him telling fellow Alexandrian's to take shelter in the church and such.
    Him running alongside Rick and company felt odd. It was add though some of his scenes were cut and we made room for...Carol Vs. Morgan.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Level
    Gabriel is fascinating. More please.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Level
    I used to hate this character, but now, I'm loving him. More Father Gabriel. I am intrigued in what's gonna happen to him because he is so unpredictable. I started to appreciate him in "Heads Up" when he put flyers to the walls about prayer circle stuffs. He is so good. I like his holiness. In the MSF, I like him even more. He is now helping.

I just want to share why I used to hate this character, I can't understand him last season 5. That's just it. He was just being confused all the time and I hated it. He was so clumsy. Hahaha. But I like the scenes and what he did when he told Deanna that the TF were bad people because that entirely caused some drama between Deanna and Rick. I liked it even though people hated it. And his last scenes last season 5 finale were awesome.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast