Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

View Poll Results: How would you rate Season 5?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll

2 1.65%

2 1.65%

0 0%

0 0%

4 3.31%

6 4.96%

19 15.70%

35 28.93%

37 30.58%

16 13.22%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level

How would you rate Season 5 overall?

On a scale of 1-10 (1 being the lowest and 10 the highest), what would you rate Season 5 as a whole?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to give it a 9.4 out of 10. If only because of it's EXCELLENT second half. I would have rated it higher had it not been for that lackluster hospital arc.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Level
    8-9. The hospital arc dragged it down; the only good thing to come from that arc was the death of Beth.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level
    Of what I saw (Episodes 1-8), a 4 out of 10 rating seems appropriate.

Terminus was great, but only lasted three episodes and there were some minor issues that annoyed me. Everything that came after was comically bad TV that should never have made the final cut.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Level
    I would give 10/10 if it had proper season cliffhanger or atleast good after credit scene. After what they did, I have to go with 7/10.

Oh its rate season thread not episdode. Overall the season was great, but still they ruined Buttons story so im staying with 7/10. :)

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    9/10 . It was a great season. Didn't liked the hospital arc,though.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Level
    8/10

First half was a let down from the hunters being killed off so quickly and the Hospital arc resolution that could've easily been handled in Terminus. The second half started off fantastic (ep 9), then wavered between good, boring and okay. I loved the SF, had good drama and the acting was brilliant. Cliffhanger isn't 'wow, the wait for S6 will kill me' it finished off nicely though I am semi disappointed at the lack of big deaths. Reg, red poncho guy and various walkers...they will be dearly missed.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Level
    9/10 for me. The only episode I didn't like was the Abe solo episode. It was just boring for me. But it wasn't an awful episode though..it just wasn't my favorite. But I even liked slabtown (probably because I'm biased and love Beth) But I still liked it.

We all know how I feel about the Terminus episodes..that's pretty obvious to most people on here lol. (Not just being biased though. That was an amazing arc) And the second half was perfect imo..so..yea. Pretty much only 1 boring episode. What a season! Hopefully season 6 is just as good..if not better

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Level
    I gave it 8/10. The only problem I had with S5 is the hospital arc and it lasted 4 episodes. The rest of the season was good. IMO, it was the best finale ever.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Level
    5. And that's only because the first three episodes were truly brilliant. The rest of the season was diabolical......not neccesarily in plot, but in the way it was executed.........dialogue, pacing, interactions, etc etc.I'd even say 4b was better.I think Gimple is an okay writer, but I'm not a fan of him as a showrunner.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Level
    I would give the overall season a 6/10 and I'm being rather generous here.

The first 3 episodes were very well written and the story was brilliant. I thought Gareth made for a very compelling villian who had truly suffered in the apocalypse and lost who he was, in a way he was the opposite of Rick, both are willing to go to great lengths to protect their family and both had lost who they were - Rick managed to find himself again though, Gareth hadn't and it was great to see the two pitted against each other in the church.

When it came to the hospital arc, that was what really let the whole season down and by the mid season finale I camevery close to give up on the show altogether,none quality (to me) was that bad. The writers had the opportunity to create their very own story arc not done in the comics so in a sense they had pretty much creative freedom here and the final product sucked. I don't think Emily Kinney is a good enough actress to carry her own story arc, she's better as a background character who pops up every now and then, a bit like Masterson or Seritos in their respective roles as Tara and Rosita. The character of Dawn was very flip-flopy in terms of her behaviour and attitude, the ther actors weren't that compelling ever; the doctor, Noah, the cops they were all weakly written and had no personality about them. Even with the inclusion of some of the shows better actors in Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride couldn't salvage the train wreck that it became.

After the break when we came into episode 9 my expectations were extremely low,while I didn't think episode 9 was great I did like the way they killed Tyreese (something that needed to be done) it was nice to see Bob and The Governor again even as random as it was to see the later. Because we all knew Aaron and the Alexandria safe-zone was coming I was so excited for the final stretch of the season and it is what restored my faith in the show. The whole Alexandria story and the rebuilding of society is my favourite material in the comics so going into the next few seasons I'm expecting them to be good. Once the group arrived at Alexandria I was shocked to see how much they had changed the characters around: Deanna instead of Douglus, no Heath, no Dr. Clloyd, no Holly (although she has been mentioned). After a couple of episodes Deanna started to grow on. E so that change doesn't bother me, Dr. Clloyd doesn't have a big part until after the herd attack anyway so it's easy to wait it out for her, going by what we've seen Francene looks set to be a replacement of Holly, the one thing I'm mainly upset about is that there is no Heath who as many of you know is one of my favourite characters, hopefully we see him in season 6.

The Rick/Jessie/Pete material felt kinda rushed and non conclusive because u till we saw Pete throw Jessie to the ground we had no proof he was abusive as suggested, obviously it turned out he was but Carols conclusion just felt a bit pre judgemental but I guess because of her history with Ed she would be able to tell when a person is being hurt, which is what I'm guessing she understood from Sam. In the end Pete had to die and that will go on into the next season when Rick and Jessie get together.

The wolves I feel is a rubbish villian (so far) since episode 9 it's been hinted at throughout the back half that these guys will be the next set of villains and we finally saw them in the finale and their explanation for doing what they do (carving 'W' into walker heads) is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. So far I don't understand their motives, why they do what they do and why they started to do what they do, whereas at least in the season 4 finale we got a glimpse of the Terminus residents being cannibles (the bones on the mat), I guess I just like to know about the villians so hopefully that will be addressed more in season 6.

Season 5 Pros:
    1) The first three episodes
    2) Gareth is a compelling villian
    3) Alexandria was finally revealed
    4) Solid new characters at Alexandria
    5) Morgan!!!

Season 5 Cons:
    1) The whole hospital arc was extremely poor
    2) Some new characters were badly written Ahem *Dawn* Ahem *Noah*
    3) No introduction of some great comic characters
    4) Fr. Gabriel and Nicholas
    5) No real backstory into the wolves or Alexandria