Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Back To Top    #51
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Level
    Maybe it's because he was wearing a flannel shirt in nebraska? And the beard was just right?

2. Back To Top    #52
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Level
    Favorite Rick episodes? How about every damn one of them! LOL

Seriously though, he's the reason I watched in the first place, he's the one who I couldn't take my eyes off of and not just because AL is eye candy but because AL sells Rick like nobodys business. The evolution he's gone through is fascinating to watch.

Favorite moments though are in Nebraska for sure. That's when he really started showing that Shane was wrong about him not being able to protect his family in this world. When Dave and Tony came in the bar, Rick never took his eyes off them. One eye on Dave and one on Tony. As soon as Dave made the slightest shady move, BLAM, BLAM! No longer a threat.

Shane was a threat to his family. GONE!!

Tomas was a dick and a threat to everyone and shit happens.

Eat at Joes!

He keeps his promises.

But I think when he saw the Judith was alive and he ran to her with Carl by his side was just one of my all time favorite moments. I was just a mess when that happened.

I think Rick Grimes is just my favorite tv character ever.

3. Back To Top    #53
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm rewatching the show from scratch, and I swear despite Rick being my favorite in my rewatch I've come to love even more Rick moments than before. I think my favorite Rick episodes are as follows:

Days Gone By: Such a brilliant opening episode no matter how many times I've watched it. Starting this zombie apocalypse adventure with Rick Grimes in that abandoned overrun hospital couldn't have been done any better. As a viewer you feel like you're right there along Rick as he explores the creepy hospital, the town outside, encounters Morgan and Dwayne, starts his journey to find his family again. Etc. Great introduction to a great character. How can you not root for him?

Nebraska: The bar scene alone really is a standout. By far one of my favorite Rick moments. Every time I've watched this episode I've watched that scene like five times. I find Andrew/Rick sexy in general, but when he draws that gun and takes out the two guys in an instant, yeahhhhhh, great scene lol. It really demonstrated just how capable Rick is, and how he will go to any lengths needed in order to protect those he cares about.

18 Miles Out: Um, how can you not pick this episode? This was a great one for both Rick and Shane. The tension in this episode is off the charts! The conversations between Rick and Shane literally have you as the viewer watching with bated breath, because you just KNOW something has got to give between these two men who are both fighting for alpha/leader. Plus all the tension with the Lori situation, protecting Carl, different outlooks on the ZA in general, etc. It really was an episode that showcased how different and opposing Rick and Shane are. Plus, that AMAZING brawl between the two of them. Love it.

Hounded: Rick's descent into madness. Count me as someone who loved it! I'm all about characterization. And to me his descent jr to madness was gripping and a great turn for the character. He can't be levelheaded reasonable Rick Grimes in all situations. Even the best of us lose it sometimes when grieving, and throw in the fact that Rick and Lori were on "bad terms" when she died which made for some tremendous guilt weighing him down. I love to see a character "fall" and in turmoil sometimes because it can eventually lead them to be stronger and progress in the end. I knew Rick would. His phone call to Lori, seeing her places, etc. was heartbreaking.

Clear: I love this episode for so many reasons. It's the birth of Michonne and Carl's awesome interactions, the reppararance of Morgan, Rick seeing just how far gone Morgan is (and realizing that could have just as easily been him). Clear in general is in my top ten favorite episodes ever. The acting in this episode, particularly between Lenny and Andrew is brilliant.

Isolation: You know, I think I just love watching Rick fight lmao. Because his entire brawl with Tyrese was so nail biting! I know this is probably an ODD episode pick, but what I like about this episode is that Rick is displaying some skills such as investigation, character study, etc. that he doesn't get to do as much in other episodes. I mean, Rick was a cop. So it's kind of cool to see him investigate a "crime scene" in a sense, we see him putting two and two together as he deciphers it's Carol who killed Karen and David given all the hints, clues, conversations he's had, etc. Plus, we see Rick struggle once again with how to parent Carl in a way that allows him to be a survivor but also still a kid.

Claimed: Pretty much the same reasons as everyone else. It's terrible seeing Rick beaten and down, and in a weakened state. It's not the usual state we are used to seeing him in. But he again snaps into survival mode as soon as the Claimers come to the house. I love seeing Rick navigate the house between the bikers. Of course the bathroom scene is a classic.

A: Another amazing episode to me. I know some people say that not much happens in this episode, but I guess for me it's the gravity of what happens. Once again we see just how brutal and far Rick will go for his family. No matter what he will protect them at any costs. The neck scene is a staple. But I also love seeing the aftermath, Rick in shock and covered in blood, his worry about how Carl will view him, his chat with Daryl, his exchange with Michonne, etc. To top it off, the end where they realize it's all a trap, and he tries to lead them to an escape. The very last scene where he states they're messing with the wrong people literally has you as a viewer so hyped for what's to come next because we all know Rick DOES NOT play. Lol.

Four Walls and a Roof: I think I love this episode because Rick is proven right. You cannot let people go in this world. Anyone who you have a conflict with you have to finish them off. Once again Rick's insights and capability as a leader are proven. Once again we see just how far Rick can and does go. He will always keep his promises.

No Way Out: Rick on a rampage against the walkers. How can that get any better? I know some people do not care for this episode, but for me.....Andrew's acting was superb. His terror as Carl is shot, his meltdown as he rushes him to the infirmary, and then rushes outside all by himself into an entire horde of walkers. Pure bad assery. The scene of him slicing and dicing the walkers in a fit of rage and terror is just again another great Rick moment.

Last Day on Earth: Once again we see Rick go through a transformation. He and the group start out so confident, so cocky, so self assured. But man, how unnerving is it to watch his fall from grace? I mean, as the viewer, you literally watch Rick Grimes start off as confident and even arrogant insinuating to the Saviors they're going to die today, etc. and ends up slowly becoming more and more shocked and worried as he realizes the Saviors far out number them, out smarted them, and have been playing a cat and mouse game the entire time. The scene of Rick on his knees, sweaty, shaking, a ball of nerves and a complete wreck. Man, hard to watch as a Rick fan. But as I said, I love to see characters fall from grace to later redeem themselves. And for me this is another tough Rick episode where he's knocked down a few pegs. But we all know Rick will be back. He always does.

4. Back To Top    #54
    Status
    Queen Rose of The Kingdom Carl's Right Eye's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Although it's not my favorite episode, I'd go with "No Sanctuary" for my favorite Rick episode. Rick was the epitome of cool kneeling in front of Gareth making his "red machete" comment.

5. Back To Top    #55
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Level
    1.01 "Days Gone Bye" Rick saying "I'm sorry this happened to you." before shooting Bicycle Girl Walker (while Morgan struggles to put down walker Jenny, not to mention Bear McCreary's score) was profoundly moving television.

1.03 "Tell It to the Frogs" Rick being reunited with Lori and Carl made me cry happy tears.

5.01 "No Sanctuary" Rick taking down Termite guy and then pivoting around and mowing down a group of cannibals with his gun was an epic badass visual, and Rick and Carl being reunited with Judith was priceless.

6. Back To Top    #56
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Level
    Is Rick's shirt off OR is he in Pouty Rick/Murder Face mode? Then it's one of my favorite Rick Episodes.

7. Back To Top    #57
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

MEME: Defund the Police or Wait for a ZA? LOL (not a political post)

MEME: "Defund the Police"? or Wait for a ZA. LOL (not a political post)WHEN Rick Grimes stopped being a cop vsWHEN He put a uniform on againBoth of those Episodes/Scenes have always fascinated me.First the mental/emotional process he went through to finally say "I'm not a cop anymore" or something similar.; After a long time on the job. Compared to:When he was asked and became a cop again; even for a short while.1.Tell me if I'm wrong , but wasn't Rick on the farm and Lori found the badge tucked away in his bureau? What did he say to Lori about why he put it away?AND2. We know he and Michonne were Alexandria militia for a little while. Describe what became of that and why?The need for Law Enforcement is an age old debate; even now.

8. Back To Top    #58
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Level
    Actually I really liked the Grady hospital ep. when he ran down the bad cop. For me that’s when he lost the “I am the law” attitude.

9. Back To Top    #59
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    "Last Day on Earth" 6th season finale and the 7th season premiere "The Day Will Come When You Won't Be", perfectly feeling THE TORMENT for Rick Grimes. All of the emotions, Andrew Lincoln sold it. Intense. I felt like I was in Rick's skin. These two episodes are still intense for me on re-watch. Rick is my favorite character and I miss those days.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456