Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    I would not touch or trade Tyreese's death for anyone. His death was very well done, for once. That was important to that character who was such a pure soul to know exactly who he was.

Noah's death was far more about Glenn and who Glenn was as a person. To watch someone who was once like him to die like that changed Glenn.

And I thought Beth dying at the hands of Dawn right before she could reunite with Maggie again was fitting to her character, who was so young and full of hope. Dawn being killed by Daryl showed how Beth meant something to him.

Just my takes.:)
    I respect that.

Do you think Daryl would've put Dawn down if she had shot someone other than Beth. (And Carol)

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by skittles707 View Post
    I honestly think that the season would've been better if their deaths were switched up. Tyreese getting Beth's death, Noah getting Tyreese's death, and Beth getting Noah's.

Tyreese was told by martin that his inability to kill people would get him killed - because at this stage of the game people are more dangerous than walkers. I think it would've been a better conclusion for his character to die in the crossfire after his prisoner swap went awry. Tyreese getting Dawn's stray bullet would've been more shocking than Beth dying. I mean a good portion of us knew that Beth was going to die. And it just made the whole hospital story line a bad rehash of the quest for Sophia. The whole Dawn and Beth showdown was rubbish to begin with but with a few minor tweaks they could've given the hospital storyline a decent conclusion. Not to mention, having Sasha put Dawn down would make more sense for her breakdown – she not only lost her lover but her brother was killed in front of her and she killed her first human being (in rage rather than in self defense)

At shiltwire estates looking for Noah’s family he is bitten by his brother because of both his inexperience with life outside of the hospital and the personal attachment he couldn’t put his zombiefied brother down down. Thus reinforcing the fact that he should’ve just stayed at the hospital. He adds NOTHING to the Alexandria story line, there is no reason a kid with a limp or that can’t run should be going out on runs… his days were numbered when they put him on that team. (rule of thumb for the ZA - can't run... you're done)

Leaving Beth for the last person in our main group to die this season would accomplish a few things. First it would (as mentioned before) prevent a rehash of the quest for Sophia. It would also be a good way for viewers to start caring about Maggie again (after she forgot that she had a missing sister for a good half a season... I could go on about this but that is a rant for another time).

It would've been interesting to watch the group grieve for Tyreese while Beth has to deal with the relief of being back with her family in conjunction with the guilt she faces over the deaths of Tyreese and Noah (since she convinced him to leave the hospital with her). I could see her using this as an opportunity to shed the babysitting persona she had in the prison and be a more active member of the group by being assigned to and the 'run' team... and she gets Noah's death.

Watching his sister in law die and not being able to do anything about it would have more of an affect on Glenn's character than a random kid that they just picked up. This intensifies the Glenn/Nicholas arc and gives Maggie cause to stand against the every man for himself mentality that Deanna’s people have. This gives her an actual story line rather than letting her fall to the background like she did.
    These are some really nice points. This would have totally been better than the way it happened if any of them had to die. Thanks for sharing.

- - - Updated - - -

I respect that.

Do you think Daryl would've put Dawn down if she had shot someone other than Beth. (And Carol)
    Yes. If he would have watched anybody from the prison family, especially Beth and Carol, he would have ended it right there.

- - - Updated - - -

However, I thought Tyreese's death was beautiful and well executed, even though I felt like it happened at a totally random time.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Level
    I respect that.

Of course, but in this case, it was Beth. He had bonded with her and for a brief time she was the only person left in his life. She represented hope to him. And someone killed her. That killed a part of him, IMO. But yes, he would do the same for Carol, or Glenn, or Rick, or ANY of his family.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Of course, but in this case, it was Beth. He had bonded with her and for a brief time she was the only person left in his life. She represented hope to him. And someone killed her. That killed a part of him, IMO. But yes, he would do the same for Carol, or Glenn, or Rick, or ANY of his family.
    I think had it been anyone but Beth (or Carol) Rick would've taken care of it. I think Rick was too shocked to see such an innocent girl die that he couldn't even process the rage like Daryl did. But I agree that Daryl would've done it for any of his family.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    I respect that.

Yes, he would have. Daryl has always been the guy that goes above and beyond for the family regardless of how well he personally knows them as an individual. That's why it felt so OOC for him in Still to place an alcohol run above searching from sunup to sundown looking for survivors from the prison attack. That being said, I still don't believe that he was justified in killing Dawn for defending herself.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by HateForTheMasses View Post
    Yes, he would have. Daryl has always been the guy that goes above and beyond for the family regardless of how well he personally knows them as an individual. That's why it felt so OOC for him in Still to place an alcohol run above searching from sunup to sundown looking for survivors from the prison attack. That being said, I still don't believe that he was justified in killing Dawn for defending herself.
    I agree but I don't think he cares about justification. He straight up murdered her for killing his family member.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Level
    I think had it been anyone but Beth (or Carol) Rick would've taken care of it. I think Rick was too shocked to see such an innocent girl die that he couldn't even process the rage like Daryl did. But I agree that Daryl would've done it for any of his family.
    Well yes, but I've noticed killing sometimes has to be personal with Rick as well.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Well yes, but I've noticed killing sometimes has to be personal with Rick as well.
    He was the only one who could nut up and put down Sophia (granted Daryl had his hands full with Carol).

BUT Daryl was the one to mercy kill Dale so Rick didn't have to.

So we know they can both step up to the plate when it comes to their ZA family

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't think Noah's and Tyreese's deaths deserve to be changed just because Beth's was shitty. Their deaths were true to their respective characters and changing them would not have the same impact. Beth also likely would never allowed to be on a run with Glenn - doubt Glenn and Maggie would let her and I doubt Deana would give Beth a job as a runner. Prolly a job like Carol's would be more likely.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by day dreamer View Post
    That's a really interesting theory. I like your ideas, but for me it comes down to acting ability, and out of these three, only CC could pull off the depth needed for the What Happened and What's Going On death. I think they work as they were, but I would like to change how Beth stabbed Dawn. Should've been in the eye.
    Eye or neck would have been more consistent with Beth's arc this season. The shoulder stab was just ridiculous .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast