Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level

Beth, Tyresse, and Noah

I honestly think that the season would've been better if their deaths were switched up. Tyreese getting Beth's death, Noah getting Tyreese's death, and Beth getting Noah's.

Tyreese was told by martin that his inability to kill people would get him killed - because at this stage of the game people are more dangerous than walkers. I think it would've been a better conclusion for his character to die in the crossfire after his prisoner swap went awry. Tyreese getting Dawn's stray bullet would've been more shocking than Beth dying. I mean a good portion of us knew that Beth was going to die. And it just made the whole hospital story line a bad rehash of the quest for Sophia. The whole Dawn and Beth showdown was rubbish to begin with but with a few minor tweaks they could've given the hospital storyline a decent conclusion. Not to mention, having Sasha put Dawn down would make more sense for her breakdown – she not only lost her lover but her brother was killed in front of her and she killed her first human being (in rage rather than in self defense)

At shiltwire estates looking for Noah’s family he is bitten by his brother because of both his inexperience with life outside of the hospital and the personal attachment he couldn’t put his zombiefied brother down down. Thus reinforcing the fact that he should’ve just stayed at the hospital. He adds NOTHING to the Alexandria story line, there is no reason a kid with a limp or that can’t run should be going out on runs… his days were numbered when they put him on that team. (rule of thumb for the ZA - can't run... you're done)

Leaving Beth for the last person in our main group to die this season would accomplish a few things. First it would (as mentioned before) prevent a rehash of the quest for Sophia. It would also be a good way for viewers to start caring about Maggie again (after she forgot that she had a missing sister for a good half a season... I could go on about this but that is a rant for another time).

It would've been interesting to watch the group grieve for Tyreese while Beth has to deal with the relief of being back with her family in conjunction with the guilt she faces over the deaths of Tyreese and Noah (since she convinced him to leave the hospital with her). I could see her using this as an opportunity to shed the babysitting persona she had in the prison and be a more active member of the group by being assigned to and the 'run' team... and she gets Noah's death.

Watching his sister in law die and not being able to do anything about it would have more of an affect on Glenn's character than a random kid that they just picked up. This intensifies the Glenn/Nicholas arc and gives Maggie cause to stand against the every man for himself mentality that Deanna’s people have. This gives her an actual story line rather than letting her fall to the background like she did.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    I completely agree about Beth getting Noah's death. The gifs would be rampant on here.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by skittles707 View Post
    I honestly think that the season would've been better if their deaths were switched up. Tyreese getting Beth's death, Noah getting Tyreese's death, and Beth getting Noah's.

Tyreese was told by martin that his inability to kill people would get him killed - because at this stage of the game people are more dangerous than walkers. I think it would've been a better conclusion for his character to die in the crossfire after his prisoner swap went awry. Tyreese getting Dawn's stray bullet would've been more shocking than Beth dying. I mean a good portion of us knew that Beth was going to die. And it just made the whole hospital story line a bad rehash of the quest for Sophia. The whole Dawn and Beth showdown was rubbish to begin with but with a few minor tweaks they could've given the hospital storyline a decent conclusion. Not to mention, having Sasha put Dawn down would make more sense for her breakdown – she not only lost her lover but her brother was killed in front of her and she killed her first human being (in rage rather than in self defense)

At shiltwire estates looking for Noah’s family he is bitten by his brother because of both his inexperience with life outside of the hospital and the personal attachment he couldn’t put his zombiefied brother down down. Thus reinforcing the fact that he should’ve just stayed at the hospital. He adds NOTHING to the Alexandria story line, there is no reason a kid with a limp or that can’t run should be going out on runs… his days were numbered when they put him on that team. (rule of thumb for the ZA - can't run... you're done)

Leaving Beth for the last person in our main group to die this season would accomplish a few things. First it would (as mentioned before) prevent a rehash of the quest for Sophia. It would also be a good way for viewers to start caring about Maggie again (after she forgot that she had a missing sister for a good half a season... I could go on about this but that is a rant for another time).

It would've been interesting to watch the group grieve for Tyreese while Beth has to deal with the relief of being back with her family in conjunction with the guilt she faces over the deaths of Tyreese and Noah (since she convinced him to leave the hospital with her). I could see her using this as an opportunity to shed the babysitting persona she had in the prison and be a more active member of the group by being assigned to and the 'run' team... and she gets Noah's death.

Watching his sister in law die and not being able to do anything about it would have more of an affect on Glenn's character than a random kid that they just picked up. This intensifies the Glenn/Nicholas arc and gives Maggie cause to stand against the every man for himself mentality that Deanna’s people have. This gives her an actual story line rather than letting her fall to the background like she did.
    I agree with all you have said.

They could have done a lot better with all of the deaths this season and had them make more sense to some as opposed to others if they had taken this approach. But alas they did not.

And this thread may open a whole new can of worms. Through no fault of your own.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Just Another Dead Girl ScifiSpirit's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    687 Post(s)
    Level
    Very good points. Thanks for sharing. I've seen someone else suggest that switching Tyreese's and Beth's deaths would have made more sense and I agree. At least from a storytelling point of view, there would have been some poetry to it. It was Tyreese's idea to go to the hospital, so for that to have been his demise would have allowed it to all come full circle. And it was Beth's plan to go to Shirewilt to help Noah. So, if she had died there, it would have been equally fitting, in a way. (of course, I didn't want Beth to die at all, lol, so in my mind, anything is better than the 'shocker' death she was given).

I never considered switching Noah's death with the others though. Interesting thoughts. I think it was a huge waste of time to have Noah even leave the hospital. He did absolutely nothing for the group, accomplished nothing, pushed no plot along and died so quickly. It's one thing to have a character come and go quickly, but given the fact that he came right when Beth died, left the impression that he would be carrying some weight with him - as a character in the show. But, it all proved to be fruitless. So, to me, that was all just a waste of time. All of Noah was. Shame.

Dawn should have killed Noah at the hospital (I would have felt just as bad for his death if he died then since there was no emotional change in the few episodes regarding his character since then), and then Beth should have killed Dawn. If Beth was to die at some point later, then so be it (still not what I would want, but regardless...). At least her character would have had a reunion, there would have been closure to her hospital plotline, and Tyreese's plan would *not* have been such a disaster (I mean to say that it would have actually worked for the most part, which is not so so so hard to believe).

I haven't been happy with any character death this season, least of all Beth's. But her death received a lot of criticism from critics as well. So, yeah, any kind of switch up would have been better, imo. Thanks for sharing.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LivingDeadGurl View Post
    And this thread may open a whole new can of worms. Through no fault of your own.

I don't think it was a terrible season but I think if they had planned it out without going for the "shocking death" that wasn't all that shocking it could've been amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

I loved the character of Beth and the amount of potential she had so I wasn't over the moon when she died. But oddly it wasn't so much the fact that she died that I was upset with... it was HOW she died. It completely undermined her "character development" and was basically a glorified suicide by cop.

I think even killing Noah at the hospital would've worked... but it wouldn't be as impactful if it wasn't one of OUR group members that we've grown attached to. It would be losing a red shirt - but it could've spurred the hospital people into a rebellion. Taking Noah with them was also a means of getting them into the direction of Alexandria... so that much makes sense to me. But I mean it would've been just as easy for them to go to Shiltwire Estates to give is family closure (which Beth could've convinced them to do if Noah sacrificed his life for one of our group members).

Any way you look at it, still a bit more polished than what we ended up with.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    Level
    That's a really interesting theory. I like your ideas, but for me it comes down to acting ability, and out of these three, only CC could pull off the depth needed for the What Happened and What's Going On death. I think they work as they were, but I would like to change how Beth stabbed Dawn. Should've been in the eye.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ScifiSpirit View Post
    Very good points. Thanks for sharing. I've seen someone else suggest that switching Tyreese's and Beth's deaths would have made more sense and I agree. At least from a storytelling point of view, there would have been some poetry to it. It was Tyreese's idea to go to the hospital, so for that to have been his demise would have allowed it to all come full circle. And it was Beth's plan to go to Shirewilt to help Noah. So, if she had died there, it would have been equally fitting, in a way. (of course, I didn't want Beth to die at all, lol, so in my mind, anything is better than the 'shocker' death she was given).

I never considered switching Noah's death with the others though. Interesting thoughts. I think it was a huge waste of time to have Noah even leave the hospital. He did absolutely nothing for the group, accomplished nothing, pushed no plot along and died so quickly. It's one thing to have a character come and go quickly, but given the fact that he came right when Beth died, left the impression that he would be carrying some weight with him - as a character in the show. But, it all proved to be fruitless. So, to me, that was all just a waste of time. All of Noah was. Shame.

Dawn should have killed Noah at the hospital (I would have felt just as bad for his death if he died then since there was no emotional change in the few episodes regarding his character since then), and then Beth should have killed Dawn. If Beth was to die at some point later, then so be it (still not what I would want, but regardless...). At least her character would have had a reunion, there would have been closure to her hospital plotline, and Tyreese's plan would *not* have been such a disaster (I mean to say that it would have actually worked for the most part, which is not so so so hard to believe).

I haven't been happy with any character death this season, least of all Beth's. But her death received a lot of criticism from critics as well. So, yeah, any kind of switch up would have been better, imo. Thanks for sharing.
    YES YES YES!!!

To all of this!

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Level
    I would not touch or trade Tyreese's death for anyone. His death was very well done, for once. That was important to that character who was such a pure soul to know exactly who he was.

Noah's death was far more about Glenn and who Glenn was as a person. To watch someone who was once like him to die like that changed Glenn.

And I thought Beth dying at the hands of Dawn right before she could reunite with Maggie again was fitting to her character, who was so young and full of hope. Dawn being killed by Daryl showed how Beth meant something to him.

Just my takes.:)

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Level
    No way..Ty's death makes me cry every time I see it. It's hands down the best scene in the entire series imo. The flashbacks were brilliant.

And Beth having Noah's death would have been horrific. I'd rather not see her get ripped apart like that. But I do wish she lived longer though

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    I could have put up with her for a few more episodes if it meant being able to see her ripped apart. Another plus is that I wouldn't have had to listen to her sing and could have completely enjoyed the moment of having Martin and Gov back without my ears being molested. Ty's death was executed nicely other than that. Wouldn't have changed anything other than that. Well, they could have saved it by having either Martin or Gov grab the guitar and smash it over he head Jeff Jarrett style buts neither her nor there.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast