View Poll Results: Rate this week's episode: "Walk With Me"

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Stars! Woodbury gave me wood!

8 20.00%
  • 4 Stars! Pets? Electricity? Deodorant? OH MY!

10 25.00%
  • 3 Stars! Yessssssss! Noooooooooo!

13 32.50%
  • 2 Stars! Those pets deserved better.

5 12.50%
  • 1 Star! One Merle thumbs up.

4 10.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KenobiFan1999 View Post
    thats why she should have never been in the show. have you read the comics? michonne is exactly the same lol. perfect replica. its 100% michonnes fault cause thats her character.
    Yeah, I'm a big fan of the comics, and no, that's not Michonne's character. That's Michonne as written by lazy, talentless tv writers who are clueless about women and do not like them.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jriddle View Post
    Yeah, I'm a big fan of the comics, and no, that's not Michonne's character. That's Michonne as written by lazy, talentless tv writers who are clueless about women and do not like them.
    shes EXACTLY the same. the thing is in the comics you could just look at michonnes useless pannel and move on while in the show you are forced to look at her lemon sucking face for however long they make you. shes exactly the same dude zero difference. how is michonne at ALL different from the comics...explain

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    lame

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Taryn View Post
    I honestly can't say 100% what I think about Michonne. I think she's a bit broody, but we've only seen her in 2 real episodes. Physically, she is the same Michonne, but personality-wise, she could be different.
    i dunno she seems exactly the same personality wise. doesnt trust people, doesnt say much, always scowls. she fits it to a tee. if shes so different from her comic counterpart could you please explain how? cause im not seeing it at all.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Taryn View Post
    I'm going to have to say I agree. But this is not just in TWD, but a lot of shows. They either make women uber bitches, whiny and weak, over-sexed, or too cocky...instead of having some sort of in-between that people actually give a shit about.
    TWD is particularly bad about it. I've griped about it a lot in the past:
    http://cinemarchaeologist.blogspot.c...ng-dead-3.html
    The soap melodrama lens through which everything is filtered n the show means that none of the characters resemble "real" people--that's just the nature of that particular beast. The women get it the hardest, by far, though; they're treated like a multi-purpose dumping-ground for all the anxieties, anger, and resentments about every ex-wife or old girlfriend who ever did the writers wrong. In this week's ep, Andrea, allegedly a lawyer, is being written as yet again in thrall to another degenerate maniac. That she doesn't know what GINO is isn't any sort of defense; the viewers know what he is. She spent last season mooning over Shane, who was completely insane, and treating Dale, who actually cared about her, as some annoying jerk she barely tolerated. It makes her look awful. And that's the only consistent thing in any of the writing of the women. Even Michonne, who is actually right about GINO, is just written as the Angry Black Woman caricature--you're left with the impression that's her default setting, and that she'd act that way about anyone. And, as I wrote in my own review of the episode, she and Andrea, who are supposed to have spent more than 8 months together, are being written as basically strangers.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KenobiFan1999 View Post
    same exact character
    Amusing that you'd say that, given the fact that your first cited panel alone gives her both more dialogue and more personality than the series version has offered in the combination of every episode in which she has so far appeared.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Anyone think Woodbury is the main camp of the group Rick got in the gunfight with in season 2?

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I dont think Woodbury is Randalls' group at all. They were trashy. The Governor's people seems a little more organized and dignified if that makes any sense...Michonne is not ugly at all to me, on the contrary I think she is beautiful and exotic. But I do hate that she is portrayed as an angry black woman and agree with you JRid....aside of that I think the show was great because it really shows the Governor's madness without being obvious. He is doing a better job than the Gov in the comics. He is handsome, charming, witty, and a straight up BOSS. He seems like what Rick would be if he lost Lori, Carl, and Hershel. God I miss Shane...sorry just had to say that....anyway back on topic...I concur, Andrea was soooo ready to pounce the Gov and didnt try to hide it at all... "never say never" with that "I need some dick" grin on her face...lol. LOVED LOVED LOVED Merle. He is such an ignorant f*ck but funny as hell to the point you just gotta love him.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    What I think is interesting is that Rick is the leader and Darryl is his right hand man. The Governor is the leader and Merle is his right hand man. Under each leadership you can see the difference in the brothers. Darryl evolved and became more secure himself and a shot caller. Merle remained the same angry victim that he was from day 1, except he is calmer because he's fed and sheltered. Darryl may look at Rick as a real brother and partner, where Merle is a child and the Governor is his father. Merle calls Darryl "darlina' as if he's soft or a bitch, but Darryl would never let NO man turn him into a bitch like Merle did.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast