Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Level

Rick & Lori Appreciation Thread (NO HATE)

Can't believe Rick has an appreciation thread with every female character but not with The First Lady.. well, here we go

bonus Andy and Sarah being adorable

and remember, you post any hate, you risk your life

lol jk

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Level
    Damn..these are some great pics and gifs..and I hated Lori. These gifs are great though. What's that pic with the dog from?

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadie View Post
    Damn..these are some great pics and gifs..and I hated Lori. These gifs are great though. What's that pic with the dog from?
    Looks like an old BTS picture, because we never seen any scene like that on the show.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Level
    Yeah I also thought it was weird there was a ship thread for Rick and every female character (except Rosita, but if there's one with Sasha that might show up soon..) but not Lori.
    I did have some issues with Lori, but I did like them in season 1 especially

lol, the second gif

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    I need you by my side. Poison Ivy's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Level
    All these people fighting over whether Rick will be with Michonne or Jessie, and yet the only woman he's ever loved was Lori. I'm one of the few people that loved their relationship, and I always love hearing Andy and Sarah gush over each other. Beautiful gifs you posted, I'll add a few more later.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    Seeing an actual family is part of what made season 1 and 2 feel so real to me. Sometimes I think the term family is thrown around too loosely pertaining to this show. People can say what they want about Lori, but her character felt very realistic to me amd made both Shane and Rick's characters stronger.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Poison Ivy View Post
    All these people fighting over whether Rick will be with Michonne or Jessie, and yet the only woman he's ever loved was Lori. I'm one of the few people that loved their relationship, and I always love hearing Andy and Sarah gush over each other. Beautiful gifs you posted, I'll add a few more later.
    I knew you'd be here :)
    Yeah that shit got old real fast, they need to take a chill pill, let's for once have a safe thread where neither ship is mentioned.

Yeah I love Andy and Sarah's friendship.
    @HateForTheMasses The Grimes family is the only one left, except for Lori. Imagine how different things would've been if she didn't die, to begin with Rick would've never gone crazy, Carl would've never went so cold... and she could've met Judith, be in Alexandria... I think that's why Rick gets emotional when Jessie is cutting his hair, he acknowledges she is gone but she could've been there if things hadn't went so bad.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by HateForTheMasses View Post
    Seeing an actual family is part of what made season 1 and 2 feel so real to me. Sometimes I think the term family is thrown around too loosely pertaining to this show. People can say what they want about Lori, but her character felt very realistic to me amd made both Shane and Rick's characters stronger.
    I have the same stance on Lori. I'm not willing to call her underrated, but I'm willing to say she 98% of the time portrayed a woman who had been taken out of her normal life and was thrown into a ZA would do. I didn't always respect Lori's choices but for the most part I understood her choices and actions , shoot me. lol.

That's all owed to SWC though. Never has anyone accused her of not playing her part up to par. The woman knew her character, accepted her character and played her character to the best of her abilities.

And her and AL had the best chemistry the show has ever had. As far as portraying a mother and father, married couple , etc.

To be OT, I think Rick and Lori do deserve this thread. They were the only established pre ZA couple that lasted as long as they did on the show. Most of the time it was rough but I don't think anyone can deny that they loved eachother.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    I knew you'd be here :)
    @HateForTheMasses The Grimes family is the only one left, except for Lori. Imagine how different things would've been if she didn't die, to begin with Rick would've never gone crazy, Carl would've never went so cold... and she could've met Judith, be in Alexandria... I think that's why Rick gets emotional when Jessie is cutting his hair, he acknowledges she is gone but she could've been there if things hadn't went so bad.
    I just posted a similar though in the Richonne thread about Rick's possible mentality when he sees Jessie. To sum it up Rick was and I think still is deep down a man of strong morals and family values is still a part of him. It's who he was his entire adult life up until the ZA. While Lori's death was a true masterpiece, I have to strongly agree that so much would have been different had she lived. I think that they were close to a reconciliation and that why it hurt Rick even more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Intheclear View Post
    I have the same stance on Lori. I'm not willing to call her underrated, but I'm willing to say she 98% of the time portrayed a woman who had been taken out of her normal life and was thrown into a ZA would do. I didn't always respect Lori's choices but for the most part I understood her choices and actions , shoot me. lol.

That's all owed to SWC though. Never has anyone accused her of not playing her part up to par. The woman knew her character, accepted her character and played her character to the best of her abilities.

And her and AL had the best chemistry the show has ever had. As far as portraying a mother and father, married couple , etc.

To be OT, I think Rick and Lori do deserve this thread. They were the only established pre ZA couple that lasted as long as they did on the show. Most of the time it was rough but I don't think anyone can deny that they loved eachother.
    I love SWC's interviews where she is talking about how she embraced the unpopularity of Lori's character and how it was so different from playing the beloved Sarah Tancredi on Prison Break. She was phenomenal in both. I also respect Lori's decisions. Even Shane. She was a single mom that was under the impression that she had lost her husband and was now in a dangerous world that she had no clue how to survive in amd keep her son safe. I hate how she is painted to be some kind of whore. Outside of Rick, Shane was probably a man she knew better than anyone. He was some fucking stranger that she randomly met. Although there were moments where she misled Shane I will say that she did do her part in creating the distance. She just couldn't cut the string completely.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by HateForTheMasses View Post
    I just posted a similar though in the Richonne thread about Rick's possible mentality when he sees Jessie. To sum it up Rick was and I think still is deep down a man of strong morals and family values is still a part of him. It's who he was his entire adult life up until the ZA. While Lori's death was a true masterpiece, I have to strongly agree that so much would have been different had she lived. I think that they were close to a reconciliation and that why it hurt Rick even more.

- - - Updated - - -

I love SWC's interviews where she is talking about how she embraced the unpopularity of Lori's character and how it was so different from playing the beloved Sarah Tancredi on Prison Break. She was phenomenal in both. I also respect Lori's decisions. Even Shane. She was a single mom that was under the impression that she had lost her husband and was now in a dangerous world that she had no clue how to survive in amd keep her son safe. I hate how she is painted to be some kind of whore. Outside of Rick, Shane was probably a man she knew better than anyone. He was some fucking stranger that she randomly met. Although there were moments where she misled Shane I will say that she did do her part in creating the distance. She just couldn't cut the string completely.

100% guarantee if you gender swap Lori and Rick (and Shane , lol) that the character would have caught WAY less flack for sleeping with Shane.

Also agree on your above statements.

SWC is the one actress on the show I will fanboy over forever because of 1. Her interviews and 2. Her death scene. World class actress. And the death scene was hands down the best scene of the series

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast