Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor

1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Queen Rose of The Kingdom Carl's Right Eye's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    @sparklyunicorn, I think all men named Shane are insane. Yeah, it would've been fun to have nicotine deprived Shane back on Survivor. I guess he wasn't memorable enough, except to us.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Level
    Does anyone watch this show weekly? I know I do! A few years ago I randomly watched an old rerun of Survivor All Stars (the original with Boston Rob....think it was like season 8 or 9?). And somehow I found myself hooked. I've watched pretty much every season since. I find the game play really fascinating with the combination of physical competition, social strategy, and mental strength, etc. I do hate that sometimes they recycle the same players over and over again (I.e., Ozzy or Coach), but I think those guys are over it for good by now.

with the current Brains vs Beauty vs Brawn. I'm not even sure who I'm rooting for. I think Tai tugs at my heart strings most, I find Debbie oddly amusing, and I don't mind Cydney and Julia. I am glad Nick is gone. He was waaaaaaaaaay too cocky. Like blatantly cocky. I don't mind a little cockiness when the person is an exceptional player, but IMO Nick was not. So Ciao to him! I think I'd be fine with any of the remaining contestants winning with the exception of Audrey (I find her annoying and whiney) and Jason (obvious douchebag).

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenofPeace View Post
    Does anyone watch this show weekly? I know I do! A few years ago I randomly watched an old rerun of Survivor All Stars (the original with Boston Rob....think it was like season 8 or 9?). And somehow I found myself hooked. I've watched pretty much every season since. I find the game play really fascinating with the combination of physical competition, social strategy, and mental strength, etc. I do hate that sometimes they recycle the same players over and over again (I.e., Ozzy or Coach), but I think those guys are over it for good by now.

with the current Brains vs Beauty vs Brawn. I'm not even sure who I'm rooting for. I think Tai tugs at my heart strings most, I find Debbie oddly amusing, and I don't mind Cydney and Julia. I am glad Nick is gone. He was waaaaaaaaaay too cocky. Like blatantly cocky. I don't mind a little cockiness when the person is an exceptional player, but IMO Nick was not. So Ciao to him! I think I'd be fine with any of the remaining contestants winning with the exception of Audrey (I find her annoying and whiney) and Jason (obvious douchebag).
    I'm watching it, but tbh, I'm not good with their names this season, although I know faces. So the guy with the immunity idol went home?! I usually pay more attention and have watched most of the seasons, but this time I was wrapped up in the TWD finale and divided my time between this forum and TV, lol!

I'm amazed how much Jeff Probst keeps the show fresh and interesting after all of these years. I have to give him credit because he's really good.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenofPeace View Post

I still watch Survivor every week, I've been watching since season 1. Usually I have a favorite to route for, but I'm not a real big fan of any of the contestants this season. I've always been a fan of the social game (strategies and alliances). I'm kinda getting tired of the Brains/Beauty/Brawn seasons, I wish they'd just go back to a normal season for a change.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Level
    Holy Shit... i was Shocked when i saw an email from this Thread... it's Still Alive... i had forgotten about it, lol... ive seen Every Season since 2000 but this season... i kinda not liking it anymore... i want to continue liking it but im watching this season just to see who gets voted off every week... i dont care for any of the survivors... and u lose interest when ur Favorite "Caleb" gets taken out early in the game... i LOVE watching the Comps though, they are so much fun ...☺...

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    I love watching Survivor, but I acknowledge that it is pretty cheap entertainment and is rarely memorable. I have watched every single season ever, with the exception of the first couple episodes of the first season and the last few of whatever season was in early 2011 (because I left the country and didn't care enough to try to find it online.) Even so, I cannot remember who was even in the previous season. After a while, everyone blurs together.

Tai is by far my favorite this season. He's so fucking sweet, being friends with the chicken and everything. He's just adorable. I really hope he wins. And I really hope Jason gets the fuck out sooner rather than later. He's such an arrogant asshole.

Have any of you applied to be on Survivor? I did a couple times, but they never pick me. I guess I'm not interesting enough for reality TV... I met some guy who was on it once, but I didn't really get excited over it, because he was one of the not-memorable ones and I didn't give a damn about him. He was just at an open audition thing I went to, so I talked to him... since he was there... I wasn't there for him though. I was there for me - to audition. He seemed to think he was a bigger deal than he was, so it was kinda off-putting.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    It was very satisfying to see Scott get voted out in the most recent episode. I wish it could have been Jason, but Jason's BFF is the next-best thing. I hope Jason and Julia don't really kill Tai's chicken... That's really fucked up. This is a game... That's the equivalent to murdering your sister's hamster after a harsh game of monopoly. No matter how pissed you are, it's still just a game... and it's not the chicken's fault you suck at it.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Level
    isnt that chicken there to be Eaten?... it's not a pet, lol... this season belongs to the ladies... like that other season that the Final 3 were all woman... idk why that old man is there, he cant win shit, lol... but that was a great move by Tai, Scot was WTF... i was waiting for Scot to grab Tai upside down and shake the Idol out of him... we've been having Great Tribals, lol ...☺...

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Level
    Damn I never liked Scott, but I really hope this doesn't come back to bite Tai in the ass... Then again he still has his advantage and the idol but i dont want him to get voted out hes the best this season!!

Ive been watching Survivor forever and Ive seen just about every season. I cant wait until they do another Heroes vs Villans and bring back Tony!!

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    I love the blindsides the best! I wasn't very much interested in this season (even though I still half-watched each week for the tribal council) but now it's even more cutthroat. Did the ladies ever find out that Tai threw water on their fire that time? His chicken might be a goner. Wonder if that would mess up his game?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast