1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    building traps to catch walkers for McLeod's latest battle royale
    Threads
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Level

Fansided: Find the Clues: Father Gabriel's Struggle with Forgiveness

I'm not a Father Gabe fan at all but thought this article is interesting to get another view on his arc. The author picked up on the theme of the 'burned offerings' with Fr. Gabe. I am finding that theme very interesting not just for Fr. Gabe but TF as a whole it could be hinting at Rick and co. sacrificing some ASZ residents in exchange for their own safety. Below is an excerpt.

Consider the following clues in regard to Gabriel’s struggle.

When Gabriel flees the church in the episode “Crossed”, he steps on a nail. The nail may be a reference to the crucifixion of Jesus. Remember, it was Jesus’ death that paid the penalty for all sins, resulting in grace. Now Gabriel has this constant painful physical reminder of Jesus’ sacrifice as he limps to the schoolyard to see if the story of Bob’s torture was indeed true. He struggles both figuratively and literally as he journeys to the site.

He arrives at the school yard and finds Mary’s Bible in a backpack. He opens it to the 2nd book of Chronicles Chapter 8 in the Old Testament. The 12th verse refers to a burnt offering. Gabriel looks up and sees the charred, burnt leg of Bob and is horrified. Walkers then break through the doors coming toward him and he flees to the church.

In addition to the irony of him now bring locked out of the church himself, he must rely on the mercy of Michonne and Carl, who risk their own safety, to let him in and save him from the walkers. He joins the group on their journey to D.C., but instead of being grateful for the group saving him, he continues to appear burdened and conflicted.

You can read the full article HERE.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Level
    I've actually enjoyed Gabriel's Arc, I like the fact his actions are never out of character.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    building traps to catch walkers for McLeod's latest battle royale
    Threads
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRumpleteaze View Post
    I've actually enjoyed Gabriel's Arc, I like the fact his actions are never out of character.
    I can agree with you on that one. The writing for his character has been pretty consistent and of course Seth is a great actor. I will die though if they decide to write something out of character for him like suddenly he's a badass. I kind of like hating his character right now and enjoy seeing his struggle. It was so funny to me that the man who wouldn't open his door to his congregants ended up leaving the gate open at ASZ and walkers came right on through. Fr. Gabe and doors just don't mix.