View Poll Results: Your favorite Carol hug

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sophia

15 17.86%
  • Daryl at the barn (season 2)

13 15.48%
  • Daryl carrying her out of the toombs (lol sorta a hug)

13 15.48%
  • Rick after Daryl found her in Toombs

30 35.71%
  • Rick after Daryl left season 3

16 19.05%
  • Andrea

12 14.29%
  • Judith

6 7.14%
  • Lizzie

10 11.90%
  • Caryl reunion (5x01)

64 76.19%
  • Rick reunion (5x01)

41 48.81%
  • Caryl after the van drop

10 11.90%
  • Rick (when the group reunites after they find Eric

13 15.48%
  • Other that I forgot

11 13.10%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Level

Everybody Loves to Hug Carol (no Hate)

So, seems like we need a fun Carol thread after all the hate lately. I was thinking about it and Carol seems to be the character on the show that has received the most hugs and public displays of affection. So what's your favorite? This is just for fun..no hate :)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't think this one can be topped! The great thing is that besides all the love obviously on display in this picture, we know that Daryl is a great judge of character, (the reason he got his safe zone job and at least according to Aaron, one of the reasons TF was accepted into ASZ at all) so logic dictates that if he loves Carol this much, then he knows she is a fantastic person!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Level
    Arghhhhhhhhhh I just realized I'm a moron and forgot Tyreese....I have no idea how to fix :(

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriella View Post
    Arghhhhhhhhhh I just realized I'm a moron and forgot Tyreese....I have no idea how to fix :(
    Well, you have other...Ty did give some delicious looking hugs though!!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    LOL, @Gabriella! There are simply too many great Carol embraces to remember them all! The Ty Bear hugs were great, we can select 'other' for him, no worries! I'm glad it's a multiple choice, thanks for posting!!!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Level

^Easily my favorite. That hug is intense. I love it!

The Caryl reunion hug was great too. It would be my 2nd.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    Lizzie. I've always appreciated that she did at least try to accept Lizzie.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Level
    Rick finding out she was alive in season 3. It was one of the warmest, most loving moments (though not romantic) of the show. Bonus points that michonne was there to see the reunion and it was her first sign that the group was different from those at woodbury

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriella View Post
    So, seems like we need a fun Carol thread after all the hate lately. I was thinking about it and Carol seems to be the character on the show that has received the most hugs and public displays of affection. So what's your favorite? This is just for fun..no hate :)

• Caryl: The Caryl reunion hug is obviously prolly 'my favourite'. As a hug itself even without any context of how rare and meaningful such a thing is from Daryl and how insecure and abandoned Carol was feeling, it's a pretty fucking impressive hug.
    • Carick: I love Carick hugs - don't think that's a secret. They're very, very intimate. Face touching, nuzzling and lots of gripping of Carol's neck. Season 3 after Lori dies is prolly my favourite cuz it's just such a wonderful heartbreaking scene. It's the start of their silent communication and AL and MMB are just perfect in it. Also the way he keeps his hand on her back the entire walk back up the Prison after he tells her about Daryl going with Merle. Just the idea that he wants to make a point of being so physically present and so physically present for her - and maybe himself. I think it goes unnoticed quite a lot too.
    • Lori: I'm pretty sure Lori kisses her forehead in the church. I always loved that. I really loved their friendship.
    • Shane: Do deleted scenes count? Shane hugs Carol in comfort on the highway in a very brief deleted scene which I always thought was kinda noticeable of Shane, but especially (and if the deleted one doesn't count) the Shane washing her arms was a very interesting Shane moment. It was very tender and affected my opinion of Shane.
    • Andrea: I feel bad not including it so the Carol and Andrea hug at the prison, again with the head touches. I always figured it was more about Carol and future Carol, the set-up for her advice and how Andrea's death (not taking that advice) would affect Carol, but it is kind of a lovely moment. In amongst all the sides and tension, they're just friends who want to hug each other cuz they're happy the other is alive. I like that.
    • Lizzie and Carl: The Lizzie hug, when she's sick. Pretty emotional. Carol risks herself so obviously because she loves this child and doesn't want her to be afraid or alone. On the same theme, early on when she puts her arms around both Sophia and Carl when they're upset or afraid about something (I can't actually remember what it was?) I just liked the inclusion of Carl, that she grouped him with her own child. I liked the Carol and Carl relationship a lot and would love for it to be continued a little (yay we got a little of it in Alexandria, when they check out the house) I grew up around a lot of my friends parents, as sort of replacement or second parents so I always kind of got that interaction.
    • Tyreese. The Tyreese hug! Oh man. *sniffles*

Wow there really is a lot isn't there? What I really like is I don't think any of them are just throwaway moments. They all say something and most of them something really big, about the characters involved. I know it's just a fun thread, but there's actually a hell of a lot of depth up for discussion here.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph View Post
    • Caryl: The Caryl reunion hug is obviously prolly 'my favourite'. As a hug itself even without any context of how rare and meaningful such a thing is from Daryl and how insecure and abandoned Carol was feeling, it's a pretty fucking impressive hug.
    • Carick: I love Carick hugs - don't think that's a secret. They're very, very intimate. Face touching, nuzzling and lots of gripping of Carol's neck. Season 3 after Lori dies is prolly my favourite cuz it's just such a wonderful heartbreaking scene. It's the start of their silent communication and AL and MMB are just perfect in it. Also the way he keeps his hand on her back the entire walk back up the Prison after he tells her about Daryl going with Merle. Just the idea that he wants to make a point of being so physically present and so physically present for her. I think it goes unnoticed quite a lot too.
    • Lori: I'm pretty sure Lori kisses her forehead in the church. I always loved that. I really loved their friendship.
    • Shane: Do deleted scenes count? Shane hugs Carol in comfort on the highway in a very brief deleted scene which I always thought was was kinda noticeable of Shane, but especially (and if the deleted one doesn't count) the Shane washing her arms was a very interesting Shane moment. It was very tender and affected my opinion of Shane.
    • Andrea: I feel bad not including it so the Carol and Andrea hug at the prison again, with the head touches. I always figured it was more about Carol and future Carol, the set up for her advice and how Andrea's death not taking that advice would affect Carol, but it is kind of a lovely moment. In amongst all the sides and tension, the're just friends who want to hug each other cuz they're happy the other is alive. I like that.
    • Lizzie and Carl: The Lizzie hug, when she's sick. Pretty emotional. On the same theme, early on when she puts her arms around both Sophia and Carl when they're upset or afraid about something (I can't actually remember what it was?) I just liked the inclusion of Carl, that she grouped him with her own child. I liked the Carol and Carl relationship a lot and would love for it to be continued a little (yay we got a little of it in Alexandria, when they check out the house) I grew up around a lot of my friends parents, as sort of replacement or second parents so I always kind of got that interaction.
    • Tyreese. The Tyreese hug! Oh man. *sniffles*

Wow there really is a lot isn't there? What I really like is I don't think any of them are just throwaway moments. They all say something and most of them something really big, about the characters involved. I know it's just a fun thread, but there's actually a hell of a lot of depth up for discussion here.
    You thought of some great ones that I forgot. I never realized that there was a deleted scene of Shane hugging Carol either. I always liked how Shane was somewhat affectionate to Carol after the barn when he cleaned her hands. It was like for a brief moment he came out of his dark place he was in to comfort her.

The Caryl reunion will always be my favorite but the Carol /Rick hugs show a lot of emotion too and show I think they are both affectionate people. Maybe they see that in each other because they are so similar

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast