Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #41
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Feelin' Groovy View Post
    Really?! How do you know this...is the series based on a novel or comic, or something? It's my first time hearing about it.
    Check out AMC's Humans on youtube, they show you bits and pieces of future episodes that haven't been shown yet @Feelin' Groovy.

2. Back To Top    #42
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Level
    Really?! How do you know this...is the series based on a novel or comic, or something? It's my first time hearing about it.
    I'm pretty sure it's showing ahead in the UK (the finale is this week in the UK, I think) and it is a British adaption of Äkta människor (Real Humans) a Swedish TV show, from 2012.

3. Back To Top    #43
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Level
    I think a British channel is two episodes ahead of AMC, so they get the episodes earlier. I'm trying my best not to view them lol XD

What @Murph said XD

4. Back To Top    #44
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's showing ahead in the UK (the finale is this week in the UK, I think) and it is a British adaption of Äkta människor (Real Humans) a Swedish TV show, from 2012.
    I think your right @Murph, that's how some of the few minutes of some of the upcoming episodes I saw ended up on youtube.

5. Back To Top    #45
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
    I think your right @Murph, that's how some of the few minutes of some of the upcoming episodes I saw ended up on youtube.
    Yeah as far as I can tell, the finale is this Sunday in the UK, which means this version is 2 episodes less than the original Swedish version. What I'm very unsure about and is kinda confusing to me is the collaboration between AMC and Channel 4 (the British channel that's showing it) cuz usually Channel 4 stuff (material that is British, anyway) are original Channel 4 shows, cuz its a publicly owned channel. I dunno if this is a first or they've done something like this with networks before - I don't know enough about networks in general. But it confused me when I heard it was AMC.

6. Back To Top    #46
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
    No they weren't both humans, Anita/Mia has always been a Synth and Leo is the son of the man that created Anita and Synths like her.
    There's more to it than that but I don't want to spoil it for anyone.
    That was just speculation on my part. I haven't ever seen the original series so I have no idea what's to come. I assumed all of the conscious synths were like Leo.

7. Back To Top    #47
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    That was just speculation on my part. I haven't ever seen the original series so I have no idea what's to come. I assumed all of the conscious synths were like Leo.
    Keep watching the show, there's a lot more about Leo and Anita/Mia's relationship than I can tell you without spoiling the show for everyone.
    All I can say is there relationship is 14 years old.

8. Back To Top    #48
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    Did you guys see the caution flags being sent up by none other than Sir Stephen Hawking and Elon Musk about AI. Here's an excerpt from an article in the Christian Science Monitor:

"This isn't the first time the science and tech luminaries have warned against the dangers of AI. In 2014, Hawking said the development of full artificial intelligence could spell the end of the human race. Both Hawking and Musk signed a letter by the same organization in January warning that AI holds great dangers unless humanity can ensure that AI systems "will do what we want them to."

Now I don't know how much of Humans is actually fiction anymore...

9. Back To Top    #49
    Status
    It was always inevitable. Parabox's Avatar

Sharing the last BigCat with my buddy Carl
    Threads
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Level
    Did you guys see the caution flags being sent up by none other than Sir Stephen Hawking and Elon Musk about AI. Here's an excerpt from an article in the Christian Science Monitor:

"This isn't the first time the science and tech luminaries have warned against the dangers of AI. In 2014, Hawking said the development of full artificial intelligence could spell the end of the human race. Both Hawking and Musk signed a letter by the same organization in January warning that AI holds great dangers unless humanity can ensure that AI systems "will do what we want them to."

Now I don't know how much of Humans is actually fiction anymore...
    lol. I don' think we have anything to worry about. As much as I LOVE the concept of AI. I truly believe it will never be at the levels the scifi depicts it to be.

10. Back To Top    #50
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabox View Post
    lol. I don' think we have anything to worry about. As much as I LOVE the concept of AI. I truly believe it will never be at the levels the scifi depicts it to be.
    I think AI is more a part of our lives than we are aware, and has been for some time. Robots fight fires, play chess games against humans and win, play with and talk to autistic children as a part of their therapy. There are tests for pilotless planes and driverless cars. In fact, my vehicle practically drives itself and tells me what to do, LOL!

I'd like to know more about the subject.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast