1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    The Succubus aka "The Beast" Empress's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)
    Level

~Rick & Andrea Appreciation Thread - NO HATE~

There was serious potential here, and I believe LH and AL would have played out their comic love beautifully on screen.
    They had natural, easy chemistry, and at times showed great care for each other.
    Just because TPTB screwed up this fantastic pairing, doesn't mean we can't still appreciate what might have been!
    Comic love totally welcome

@Val

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Level
    Thanks @Empress
    Andy & Laurie

“Andrew Lincoln and I had incredible chemistry and the way we approach the work is very similar. It would have been electric, but you can’t have it all. At the end of the day, I’m grateful we had moment in the finale where Andrea could open her heart and have a lasting impact on Rick. They may not have had the affair they have in comics, but Andrea was instrumental in helping to heal his heart and at the end of the day, that’s pretty awesome.” Laurie Holden

- - - Updated - - -

there's more but I'll post stuff slowly

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    The Succubus aka "The Beast" Empress's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)
    Level
    Andrea was always supposed to save Woodbury. But she still did.
    There was peace to her death because she was reunited with her best friend and her family. In those final moments, she learns that the children and everybody at the prison survived.
    It's a pivotal moment for Rick Grimes.

Her death does propel story forward because when you think of it, in spite of her incredibly tumultuous journey she had, the people of Woodbury did escape and reach their sanctuary and none of the people of the prison were killed.
    After an entire season of seeing Rick's descent into madness and tortured by the ghost of all things past, he heals by that interaction with Andrea.
    In those final moments, he gets what she's all about and what she's been fighting for.
    It's an enormous wake-up call for him and allows him to snap out of his state of insanity.
    The Rick Grimes we've rooted for and have loved since the beginning -- the strong, capable leader who believed in humanity, community and hope -- is back
    and there's a healing there.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Level

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Level
    I liked that scene.
    Does anyone have pictures from their reunion at one of the cons? I had a couple but totally lost them.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Empress View Post
    Andrea was always supposed to save Woodbury. But she still did.
    There was peace to her death because she was reunited with her best friend and her family. In those final moments, she learns that the children and everybody at the prison survived.
    It's a pivotal moment for Rick Grimes.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/b9e3cc130...p0udo1_500.png

Her death does propel story forward because when you think of it, in spite of her incredibly tumultuous journey she had, the people of Woodbury did escape and reach their sanctuary and none of the people of the prison were killed.
    After an entire season of seeing Rick's descent into madness and tortured by the ghost of all things past, he heals by that interaction with Andrea.
    In those final moments, he gets what she's all about and what she's been fighting for.
    It's an enormous wake-up call for him and allows him to snap out of his state of insanity.
    The Rick Grimes we've rooted for and have loved since the beginning -- the strong, capable leader who believed in humanity, community and hope -- is back
    and there's a healing there.

I liked this. I'm still sad that she didn't make it back to the prison.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    I was fooled by the comics to the longevity of Andrea's life on the show (stopped watching after her death). The actress had great chemistry with Andy. If the character had lived I can only imagine how badass she would've been as a warrior and companion for Rick.

But, the knowledge of Rick and Michonne brought be back to TWD in 2016 after a three year absence, and shit works between them.

I always wondered why they killed Andrea? Was is as shock value or did they see the chemistry between Danai and Andy? I can never get than question answered.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level

Rickdrea Appreciation Thread [LOVE/LIKE/RESPECT - NO HATE]

Being a big fan of TV Andrea (yes you hear me right ;) , although I like Andrea in the comics too) and an incurable shipper of her relationship with Rick.

While in the TV Show the writers decided to sacrifice Andrea's arc for the sake of Richonne, I still think that Andrea and Rick could make a really interesting and powerful couple - although it could be only possible if Frank Darabont would be still in charge. They will be like a modern version of 'Pride and Prejudice' with Zombies.

Here is couple of my fav Rickdrea moments:

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1743 Post(s)
    Level
    I would love to see where the story would be if Andrea was still alive. I think it would be completely different. And probably be better.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Level
    Though I love Richonne, I can't deny that there was definite chemistry between Andrew and Laurie (no to mention, I did like TV!Andrea) and I thought there were definite hints that Rickdrea was going to become a thing. It would've been interesting to see where the story might have gone had the writers decided to keep Andrea alive, and what little things they might've otherwise kept from the comics had they gone down this path.

I especially love the "Why not take it?" "There's a cop staring at me." segment. :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast