1. Back To Top    #781
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Hey there! Long time no see, indeed.

As for the other ship, I never saw it except in the heads of its devotees; so this latest news is just news IMO.

Don't be a stranger!
    Ill try not to , I still love Bethyl and still read Bethyl fan fiction from time to time, I’m not team delusional cus I do think Beth’s death is real and very permanent . .I still do however wish Scott Gimple had at least gave the chemistry between Beth and Daryl a chance to see where the story would of taken them �� Shame on Gimple for wasting such a great story !! I still can’t see Daryl with any other love interest but at the same time I want Daryl to have everything he never would’ve if the ZA never happened , I still watch every week during the season but have slipped back into my casual viewer status from before a Bethyl Its good to talk to you @Beatrice try to get on more

2. Back To Top    #782
    Status
    Occasional Proud Apologist Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by dark magic77 View Post
    Ill try not to , I still love Bethyl and still read Bethyl fan fiction from time to time, I’m not team delusional cus I do think Beth’s death is real and very permanent . .I still do however wish Scott Gimple had at least gave the chemistry between Beth and Daryl a chance to see where the story would of taken them �� Shame on Gimple for wasting such a great story !! I still can’t see Daryl with any other love interest but at the same time I want Daryl to have everything he never would’ve if the ZA never happened , I still watch every week during the season but have slipped back into my casual viewer status from before a Bethyl Its good to talk to you @Beatrice try to get on more
    I'm still a badge wearing Bethyler myownself. It demonstrated that this show could create romantic chemistry, if only for these two characters. Then they unceremoniously destroyed it. I hate that they killed Beth, but what I hate more is that they did it without the same level of care and attention to detail they employed in building up that relationship. We know that Daryl's ensuing darkness emanated from her death and whatever associated guilt he had; but they refused to follow through with his acknowledging that loss to Rick, even though Rick called him on it, or to Carol who knew he was grieving and gave him Beth's knife. I feel like he isn't going to get past it until he opens up to someone about it. Yeah, he'll survive and exist.

I would like to see Daryl find love. I'm not a TDer, either, and I've pretty much gotten past her death, feel like the show must go on, and still like Daryl and would like for him to feel what he felt for her again with better success. I'm not holding my breath, though.

I think what happened can pretty well be summed up with what Gale Ann Hurd said about Daryl's love life. It was to the effect that some people want him with Beth, some want him with Carol, and some want him for themselves so we aren't going to make anyone happy. I think they like to tease the possibilities. I don't think they tease Caryl, but they do pander in that they know that anything that occurs between those two, regardless of how platonic or insubstantial it may seem to the rest of us, breathes hope into that fandom that TPTB can milk to keep that conversation going and social media alive with it. I was reading about the life of John Lennon the other day and found a parallel. John Lennon had been involved with his first wife before and when the group's popularity started to rise. Brian Epstein and others leading the way for them insisted that Cynthia be kept a secret in order to maintain the interest of the female fans. Cynthia became pregnant, and John married her, much to the chagrin of management who tried to keep the marriage a secret. They were capitalizing on the sex appeal of Lennon (and the others) in order to maximize their popularity and profitability. In the end, that relationship could not be hidden, and the Beatles' popularity did not suffer.

I think TPTB of TWD have done the same with Daryl. Instead of allowing him a romantic storyline, they held him back and have kept him in some emotionally crippled netherworld hoping to maintain a level of availability for the character in service to his insultingly misunderstood (by them) fandom. In the meantime, the bloom is off the Daryl rose. I still love him, but he's not the same guy anymore; and they failed to take into account he can't play the ingenue forever. Not that it's stopping them from trying.

I really cringed
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Anyway, I get he's got issues, but he's spent enough time away from Merle's world and surrounded by adults who take their chances with life and love. By now the only reason he should not be thinking about the full meaning of life is that he hasn't, since Beth, met the right woman.

Gosh, this probably belongs in general discussion instead of off topic, because you and I are full on Bethylizing right now! I can't say I miss it, as my shipping energy has diminished, but it is so fun to talk about it with old friends of like minds and hearts. Thank you for getting me started again, if even only for a couple of posts!

I've stuck around. I like discussing the show and reading spoilers, and things are much calmer now. I understand and respect your casual viewer status but, gosh, I get so excited when you and others drop in for a chat.

Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2969777879