Thread: South Park

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Level

South Park

I'm surprised I haven't seen a thread about this yet. I love this show!

Most shows lose their touch after going on for 10+ seasons, but this one keeps it going.

Anyway, what are your favorite episodes? Favorite characters?

Comment below!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Watch the McBae McSlay gumby713's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Level
    Thanks for the thread!!!

I didn't start watching until a couple years ago, and then binge-watched the entire series and have kept up-to-date through the present. Picking favorites is so hard with this show having been on so long, but if I had to pick a character it would be Cartman (I have a thing for seriously inappropriate humor and he does it best, let's be honest) and episode/scene-wise...well, this is much harder! Obviously the movie is a classic; I always crack up at the cripple fight scene between Jimmy and Timmy, especially Cartman alerting the whole town about it; Guitar Queer-O; long live Chef!; I have a preference for early Cartman's voice - it's a little younger and whinier sounding, and I always feel nostalgic watching the earlier episodes and hearing it.

Wow, this post is such a mash-up of random, sorry!

I'll definitely be back with more when I think on it!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Being a huge Simpsons fan I will always say it paved the way for SP and FG. But I haven't watched it in the last 3 seasons because it isn't what it once was. It's tired. SP and FG are still fresh. Another reason to go out while you're still on top. I will say just about everything in SP seasons 1-3 and season 5 are brilliant. I didn't like when they changed Cartman's voice later on though. I haven't watched it as much since season 5, so I'm ignorant on many episodes after that. But the ones I've seen are still hilarious.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Watch the McBae McSlay gumby713's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by John Dixon View Post
    Being a huge Simpsons fan I will always say it paved the way for SP and FG. But I haven't watched it in the last 3 seasons because it isn't what it once was. It's tired. SP and FG are still fresh. Another reason to go out while you're still on top. I will say just about everything in SP seasons 1-3 and season 5 are brilliant. I didn't like when they changed Cartman's voice later on though. I haven't watched it as much since season 5, so I'm ignorant on many episodes after that. But the ones I've seen are still hilarious.
    I'm with you on Cartman's voice 100%. I was much more amused by it in the earlier seasons and felt like the change detracted from the comedic impact of his lines. The lack of whineyness and the lower pitch just don't do it for me in the present. He sounds much less like a kid, and the funniest part about his character for me was hearing such obscenities blurted out by what sounded like a child.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Level
    Man, I used to be addicted to this show as a teen... I just lost interest through the years. Though I still watch the odd episode occasionally. I've always been more of an anime fan. So 'Good times with Weapons' always stood out for me. The Chinpokomon was classic aswell: 'I got shoe!' The game was great (sequel yay!).

I love Butters and Tweek. They're both so tragic. I always found Mr. Slave hilarious. Cartman's devolved into an absolute psycho. And I still hear people impersonating him at the time....still.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level
    I went back a while ago and watched the whole series, as I missed quite a few. It's a good show that has a great sense of humour. My favorite episodes that I can think of are the one about AIDS, Cartmanland, and Faith Hilling. The episodes lately can either be great or terrible.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Level
    Honestly, I know I said that the show's quality was still good, and while that's true, most of seasons 16-18 were pretty meh to me. The episodes were either hit or miss. It could be that they were more focused on the games than the show, but I dunno. I kinda wish they'd stop making so many episodes about current events.

My favorite episodes are Casa Bonita, Pre-School, Trapped in the Closet, Canada on Strike and A Nightmare on Facetime.

The episode "Cash for Gold," while it's not one of my favorites, it really hits close to home for me because we learn that Stan's grandpa is suffering from Alzheimer's disease. I lost my grandfather to Alzheimer's in 2008, so as I was watching the episode, I really felt for him. And I think it's pretty cool that a show like this can make me feel that way.

My favorite character is Tweak. His hyperactivity reminds me of myself, haha.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Level
    I've been hooked on South Park since day one. It's hard to believe how long it's been on for. There are so many great episodes that I couldn't possibly name them all.
    Some of my favorites are:
    Scott Tenorman must die
    Douche and Turd
    Cartman joins NAMBLA
    Good times with weapons
    Korns groovy pirate ghost mystery
    AWESOM-O
    Chickenlover
    Woodland Critter Christmas
    The Passion of the Jew
    Faith Hilling

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    Level
    It's been awhile since I've seen new episodes of this show, but I loved it since the beginning. I think I was 11-12 when this first came on, and my dad watched it too because he thought it was funny, but he was so embarrassed that he actually let me watch something like that. lol

I always argued it taught good lessons.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Level
    I remember my brother bringing home the first 2 episodes on VHS in 1997 (I was 11 back then) and I fell in love right from the very beginning.
    Luckily my parents never cared about it that I was watching this xD
    Though no matter how rude/harsh it may be sometimes, most episodes have a good message. "I learned something today."

A few favorite episodes:
    Sarcastaball
    Cartmanland
    The entity
    Scott Tenorman must die
    Jared has Aides
    Pinkeye
    Ike's wee wee
    Christian rock hard
    Sexual harassment Panda
    Tsst
    Rainforest Schmainforest
    The 3 black friday episodes

Special mention: Helen Keller! The musical.
    There is this scene where all the turkeys are watching a big screen to calm down after being captured, and then this happens:

I STILL lose my shit whenever I see this scene. It never fails to make me cry with laughter.

These are just a few of the episodes that I absolutely love. To be honest, there aren't many episodes that I don't like/don't care for.
    The movie was also great, I still love it. (I want another one!!)

My all time favorite character will always be Eric Cartman. He is simply fantastic imo. Even though he's a rude little shit all the time, I really love him and his sense of humor. <3
    Heh, special mention for Butters because he always gets screwed over xD Poor him.
    I like all characters though. Can't say I dislike any of them.

The game South Park Stick of truth is also an absolute must play for any fan. I can't wait for the new game next year!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast