Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    I need you by my side. Poison Ivy's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Level

Andrea and Amy Appreciation Thread (NO HATE!)

A thread dedicated to anyone who loved the sisterly relationship between Andrea and Amy.
    It may have been brief, but nevertheless, it remains one of the strongest sibling relationships
    seen on the show and the scenes they shared together were really lovely and built a beautiful
    backstory for both their characters.
    At least they're both together again.

And any love for the beautiful and talented Laurie Holden and Emma Bell is welcome.

@Val

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)

Andrea loved Amy a lot
    I wished Andrea would've gotten time to gift Amy the necklace that she got for her birthday!!!
    :(
    Amy was really good I hoped we would've gotten more of their sweet relationship

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Level
    I loved Andrea and Amy. It's a shame she died so soon..I'm glad you made this thread though

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    I need you by my side. Poison Ivy's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Level
    @Manasicaroltwd
    Thankyou for the lovely photos!
    She really did. It's telling just from how much Amy's death affected the way Andrea looked at life. I think that's one of the many beautiful things about Andrea's character; the deaths of Amy and Dale became what really propelled her to change. Amy would have been proud of the decisions Andrea chose to make and all the good she had in her heart right until the very end. I wish she had gotten to give her the necklace too, it really is a testament to the fact that sometimes you don't realise what you have in your life until it's too late, and it was really sad that Andrea felt that she never got to tell Amy how sorry she was and how much she always meant to her.

@Sadie
    It is a shame. I can't help but wonder just how different Andrea would have been had Amy never died. Amy's death caused her to lose a lot of hope and to just want to give up, yet it also pushed her into healing and taking a new outlook on life that led her to always wanting to keep everyone else safe, and always putting others before herself. And it would have been interesting to see how Amy would have grown as a character too, to see two strong sisters fighting side-by-side? Ugh, that would have been amazing.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    Level
    It was sad losing Amy. I always liked that little scene in "Guts" of Andrea mentioning Amy would love the necklace she was looking at. That's how I assumed most people would be on runs. Not only looking for essentials, but little things for their loved ones too.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Level
    Their scene on the boat fishing is one of my favorite scenes in season 1. It says so much about sibling relationships and parent/child relationships. How different it can all be. I love Laurie as an actress (and person! actual angel) and Emma was equally great in her brief role.

I love how protective they are, not only to each other but those around them as well I really do miss these characters :(

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Level
    Really adored their relationship! I still remember how bluntly Amy said this to Shane.
    Two of the nicest people on TWD! Amy and Andrea. *Sigh*

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Level
    Thanks for the thread, hun @Poison Ivy, suscribing

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Poison Ivy View Post
    @Manasicaroltwd
    Thankyou for the lovely photos!
    She really did. It's telling just from how much Amy's death affected the way Andrea looked at life. I think that's one of the many beautiful things about Andrea's character; the deaths of Amy and Dale became what really propelled her to change. Amy would have been proud of the decisions Andrea chose to make and all the good she had in her heart right until the very end. I wish she had gotten to give her the necklace too, it really is a testament to the fact that sometimes you don't realise what you have in your life until it's too late, and it was really sad that Andrea felt that she never got to tell Amy how sorry she was and how much she always meant to her.

@Sadie
    It is a shame. I can't help but wonder just how different Andrea would have been had Amy never died. Amy's death caused her to lose a lot of hope and to just want to give up, yet it also pushed her into healing and taking a new outlook on life that led her to always wanting to keep everyone else safe, and always putting others before herself. And it would have been interesting to see how Amy would have grown as a character too, to see two strong sisters fighting side-by-side? Ugh, that would have been amazing.
    Agreed..what a waste. She would have been completely different if Amy survived. Even in season 1 they wasted potential

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Level
    The scene in the boat, when Andrea and Amy were fishing, is a subtle but brilliant commentary on sibling and parental relationships. The scene where Andrea tells Amy "I'm here now.", before she puts Amy down, makes me tear up whenever I see it. Andrea was devastated by Amy's death (as Sasha was devastated by Tyreese's death), and it affected her deeply. Sibling relationships are rarely done this well on television, and as someone who has siblings of both genders (and who loves quality drama), I love seeing them portrayed this well.

I also loved that Andrea and Amy brought back a feast of fish to feed the camp!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast