Page 1 of 80 1231151 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level

Richonne All Hate and Love Debate Part 3

Just a continuation of a debate of the logistics of Richonne becoming canon. All hate/criticism and all love/praise is welcome here. Have at it folks.

Part 2 is right here: http://spoilthedead.com/forum/showth...-Debate-Part-2

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    @DoctorWhat- "Look, sometimes people don't like (or need) to be hit over the head with the brick of overtness."

Doc, unfortunately, I think we are going to need to the brick of overtness in Season 6 to silence all the talk of Rick and Michonne being brother and sister and doubts about it going canon.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    I'm not the most involved person in shipping. I think that's pretty obvious. But I still don't understand why people are against this pairing. If you don't know the comic at all, alright. That makes sense. But even so, doesn't it just seem right for them to at least try it out? If they don't attempt a Richonne pairing on tv I'm going to start to seriously wonder if SG is really capable of running this show anymore. Kill Jessie. And give everyone what they really want to see. Just my opinion. I'm getting tired of the slow builds on this show at this point. They start something. Then, if we're lucky, maybe we see it bloom 2 years, or more, later. And by then no one cares as much. (Daryl and Carol anyone?) Don't do that to Rick and Michonne. My two cents.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    The Succubus aka "The Beast" Empress's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by John Dixon View Post
    I'm not the most involved person in shipping. I think that's pretty obvious. But I still don't understand why people are against this pairing. If you don't know the comic at all, alright. That makes sense. But even so, doesn't it just seem right for them to at least try it out? If they don't attempt a Richonne pairing on tv I'm going to start to seriously wonder if SG is really capable of running this show anymore. Kill Jessie. And give everyone what they really want to see. Just my opinion. I'm getting tired of the slow builds on this show at this point. They start something. Then, if we're lucky, maybe we see it bloom 2 years, or more, later. And by then no one cares as much. (Daryl and Carol anyone?) Don't do that to Rick and Michonne. My two cents.
    Solid post. There’s more going for Richonne than against it, which is why so many people who oppose the pairing lie and twist actual scenes to fit their bias. Now to be fair, a lot of Richonne is up to interpretation, and I don’t expect anyone to see it the same way I do. There’s no problem there. The problems start when people change the actions of a real scene, not the opinion, but what’s actually happened, and then build their ‘case’ off of that. One or two times, I could excuse on poor memory, but the constant rewriting is transparent and problematic. Not to me because I don’t care, but to those that are wasting their time on this nonsense, because it’s embarrassing to witness. If you don’t like something, just don’t like it. Don’t lie about what it is.

I’ll also definitely agree about the slow burn, and ENDGAME, which is everyone’s favourite word I know. I used to be really pushy about Richonne just getting to it, and then I took a zen approach and let it be, but now I’m back basically where I started. If I don’t see concrete signs of it this coming season, I’m not sure how much longer I’ll care. That doesn’t speak to the validity or potential of Richonne in itself, but the selfish greedy nature of TPTB, dragging these long awaited pairings out for the “will they, won’t they” ‘suspense’ angle. It’s boring and no one is here for that. Richonne would be the perfect TV Rickandrea, and Rick being the centre of the show, TPTB claiming they want to stick closer to the comics, the family build up between Rick, Michonne and Carl, they need to pull the trigger. Like I’ve said before, Richonne moves the plot forward. It moves Rick and Michonne emotionally forward especially, and since so much of this show is based around human interactions and development, that shouldn’t be so easily dismissed. Comic Andrea was important for Rick, like TV Michonne is. Rick has been instrumental in Michonne’s character development so much so that it’s been stated by her in the show and it is factual. The underlying emotion to their current relationship some will find debatable, but the potential for romance, which is what shipping is to me, seeing the potential, is absolutely there, and IMO has been built up as it has for a very obvious reason. Canon.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    @Empress- I still think things are going to have to make the attraction between Rick and Michonne super-obvious in Season 6 just make it clear to even the densest and most casual viewer that Richonne is going to eventually become canon.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1394 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Christ2010Grad View Post
    @Empress- I still think things are going to have to make the attraction between Rick and Michonne super-obvious in Season 6 just make it clear to even the densest and most casual viewer that Richonne is going to eventually become canon.
    I really don't need the show to do that, as I love subtlety, and I don't think a person is dense if they don't happen to see Richonne. They just don't see it. Not everyone is going to.

I would not be opposed to canon next season though.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhat View Post
    I really don't need the show to do that, as I love subtlety, and I don't think a person is dense if they don't happen to see Richonne. They just don't see it. Not everyone is going to.

Oh don't get me wrong. I want canon in Season 6 as well. But I have to disagree with you on the bolded, some people are just getting an inkling of Richonne at this point. I think that if Richonne is going to go canon they will need to get a LITTLE bit more blatant with the physical interaction and the attraction between those two in Season 6.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Empress View Post
    Solid post. There’s more going for Richonne than against it, which is why so many people who oppose the pairing lie and twist actual scenes to fit their bias. Now to be fair, a lot of Richonne is up to interpretation, and I don’t expect anyone to see it the same way I do. There’s no problem there. The problems start when people change the actions of a real scene, not the opinion, but what’s actually happened, and then build their ‘case’ off of that. One or two times, I could excuse on poor memory, but the constant rewriting is transparent and problematic. Not to me because I don’t care, but to those that are wasting their time on this nonsense, because it’s embarrassing to witness. If you don’t like something, just don’t like it. Don’t lie about what it is.

I’ll also definitely agree about the slow burn, and ENDGAME, which is everyone’s favourite word I know. I used to be really pushy about Richonne just getting to it, and then I took a zen approach and let it be, but now I’m back basically where I started. If I don’t see concrete signs of it this coming season, I’m not sure how much longer I’ll care. That doesn’t speak to the validity or potential of Richonne in itself, but the selfish greedy nature of TPTB, dragging these long awaited pairings out for the “will they, won’t they” ‘suspense’ angle. It’s boring and no one is here for that. Richonne would be the perfect TV Rickandrea, and Rick being the centre of the show, TPTB claiming they want to stick closer to the comics, the family build up between Rick, Michonne and Carl, they need to pull the trigger. Like I’ve said before, Richonne moves the plot forward. It moves Rick and Michonne emotionally forward especially, and since so much of this show is based around human interactions and development, that shouldn’t be so easily dismissed. Comic Andrea was important for Rick, like TV Michonne is. Rick has been instrumental in Michonne’s character development so much so that it’s been stated by her in the show and it is factual. The underlying emotion to their current relationship some will find debatable, but the potential for romance, which is what shipping is to me, seeing the potential, is absolutely there, and IMO has been built up as it has for a very obvious reason. Canon.
    Yes, this is where I am as well. You don't see it, you don't want it, you don't care, you think they're brother and sister, you don't see any chemistry, any attraction, and whatever else folks have come up with, THAT IS OK, people, it really is. And I'm not talking about people perceived something different or have a different opinion or honestly don't see it, but my problem comes from the blatant misquoting, rewriting actual dialogue, scenes, twisting and contorting and so forth to bolster why you are against Richonne. I mean, it's no skin off of our nose that you don't want it, don't like it, don't see it, but for God's sake just say that and move on.

What is the point is deliberately saying something didn't happen when it obviously did and can be backed up by actual proof? I'm thinking about the ones that keep coming up, i.e., the you ok, I'm ok train track scene, the razor scene, and the Conquer scene. I just don't get that. If it happened it happened. Sorry if that messes up your theory of it being one-sided, Rick doesn't care about her, they really aren't friends, yada, yada. It's just really getting old at this point and just pretty obvious that there are other agendas afoot.

I mean, I may not like Dixonne personally, but why would I even say that they don't have a connection -- well, at least they did in past seasons -- or that they never smiled at each other or they don't care about each other when we've plainly seen scenes where all of this is fact? Why would I feel the need to go into their hate threads day in and day out ranting and raving and standing on the fact that these things never happened and that's why they wouldn't be good together, again, when there's actual proof that those scenes did, in fact, happen? And when it's shown over and over and proven that those things did, in fact, happen, it's not acknowledged or there's no, oh, my bad, I was wrong, but they just keep putting out the false info. It just makes no sense to me AT ALL. Maybe the people that do that can explain it to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Christ2010Grad View Post
    Oh don't get me wrong. I want canon in Season 6 as well. But I have to disagree with you on the bolded, some people are just getting an inkling of Richonne at this point. I think that if Richonne is going to go canon they will need to get a LITTLE bit more blatant with the physical interaction and the attraction between those two in Season 6.
    But what she's saying, @Christ2010Grad, and if she's not, then I am saying that Rick and Michonne can have sex in every freaking room in their house, Judith calling her mama, have three kids, some grandkids, and be the last ones standing, and there will still be some folks who say I still don't see it. Unfortunately that's just the way it is.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1743 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhat View Post

Thanks for this not all of us are dense for not seeing or wanting it. I am dingy but not dense lol.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by walkinggirl26 View Post

But what she's saying, @Christ2010Grad, and if she's not, then I am saying that Rick and Michonne can have sex in every freaking room in their house, Judith calling her mama, have three kids, some grandkids, and be the last ones standing, and there will still be some folks who say I still don't see it. Unfortunately that's just the way it is.
    That is unfortunately the way it is. I still want them to get more obvious though in Season 6..............

Page 1 of 80 1231151 ... LastLast