Thread: Coincidence?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Level

Coincidence?

I just started reading the GN and I came across something. Hershel is arguing with Rick about the walkers in his barn and he says "we don't know a damn thing about what happened and what's going on." I wonder if they pulled the episode title from that line....or maybe there was another explanation as to where they came up with the title? Anyways, just a thought.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1743 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieLee84 View Post
    I just started reading the GN and I came across something. Hershel is arguing with Rick about the walkers in his barn and he says "we don't know a damn thing about what happened and what's going on." I wonder if they pulled the episode title from that line....or maybe there was another explanation as to where they came up with the title? Anyways, just a thought.
    That is cool. I always wondered about the title. I bet that is where it came from and if not it is a good catch.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    They seem to pull some titles of episodes from the comic even if they don't always fit the timeline of where we are in the show. I don't think it was a coincidence at all. Never thought of that. Good catch indeed.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm watching WHaWGO with its excellent commentary by Greg Nicotero and Chad L. Coleman (seriously guys, if you can afford the DVD or Blu-ray, it's so worth the money. My bday was last week, so guess what I got? xD) "What happened and what's going on" is a line said by Tyreese when they're driving to Shirewilt. Ty tells Noah about how he and Sasha's dad would listen to the radio to know what's going on, and encouraged them to do the same. But that may have been inspired by the GN. Nice catch, Jamie!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by reckon View Post
    I'm watching WHaWGO with its excellent commentary by Greg Nicotero and Chad L. Coleman (seriously guys, if you can afford the DVD or Blu-ray, it's so worth the money. My bday was last week, so guess what I got? xD) "What happened and what's going on" is a line said by Tyreese when they're driving to Shirewilt. Ty tells Noah about how he and Sasha's dad would listen to the radio to know what's going on, and encouraged them to do the same. But that may have been inspired by the GN. Nice catch, Jamie!
    That's awesome. I will have to get the dvd. Oh yeah, you're absolutely right....I forgot about that! I remember hearing it said and realizing that they pulled the title from that dialogue. It's still a strange title, so maybe it was gn inspired or maybe not. I thought it was cool though :)

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieLee84 View Post
    That's awesome. I will have to get the dvd. Oh yeah, you're absolutely right....I forgot about that! I remember hearing it said and realizing that they pulled the title from that dialogue. It's still a strange title, so maybe it was gn inspired or maybe not. I thought it was cool though :)
    I love connections to the GN! Knowing SG, I think it's likely he saw that in the comics and remembered it. If so, I love how he used it! Thanks for sharing, that is cool! <3