View Poll Results: If Jessie gets the chop chop who will do it, how and why?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rick

30 83.33%
  • Michonne

6 16.67%
  • Carl

6 16.67%
  • Judith

7 19.44%
  • Glenn

2 5.56%
  • Maggie

1 2.78%
  • Sasha

1 2.78%
  • Rosita

2 5.56%
  • Tara

2 5.56%
  • Abe

0 0%
  • Eugene

0 0%
  • Father Gabriel

1 2.78%
  • Ron

1 2.78%
  • Sam

1 2.78%
  • Deanna (who?)

0 0%
  • Nicholas

0 0%
  • Aaron

1 2.78%
  • Eric

0 0%
  • Bethsus

7 19.44%
  • Other

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
  1. Back To Top    #71
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    As much as I want it to be Father Gabriel, it would probably be Rick.

2. Back To Top    #72
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Level
    If TPTB really want people to hate Rick then they'll have him hesitate on cutting his children free from the woman - that he has only known less than a month - who's pulling them towards death.

I don't believe there's enough infatuation in the world that would keep Rick Grimes from doing anything to save his children.

Also I think Gabe may be too far away in the line-up to be able to cut off Jessie's hand. I guess it depends on how she and Sam fall into the walkers, but it doesn't seem likely he'd could maneuver himself to the front of the line to perform the chop.

3. Back To Top    #73
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by walkinggirl26 View Post
    But we didn't see him actually give him lessons before everything went to hell in a hand basket. Remember, this is the same day that Carl told FG to come to the house at 3:00 for his first lesson, and even if he gave him a lesson, it was just that, one lesson. It's taken TF a period of time to become adept at killing with their various weapons, but after maybe one lesson with the machete, he's going to be good enough to cut her hand off in the middle of the herd with Sam and Jessie being eaten alive without accidentally cutting Carl's hand off as well in the process? And what exactly is Rick going to be doing while FG comes from the back of the line to cut Jessie's arm off when he's closer to Carl?

I can see FG either being the one to get Judith once Carl goes down, helping Rick get Carl to the infirmary while Michonne clears the way, helping to clear the way for Rick and Michonne to get Carl to the infirmary, or he's going to kill the Wolf that's holding Denise because they're going to need her for Carl. Carl is much bigger than the last time he got shot. I mean, he's a grown man, so I think Rick will need some help carrying him, and someone has to clear the way. Either way, FG will step up, and he'll redeem himself in Rick's eyes.
    I've probably held a machete two, maybe three, times in my life and I'm pretty sure I could figure out how to cut the arm off of a person who is simultaneously being eaten by a zombie. Also correct me if I'm wrong but I believe F. Gabe was at Rosita's machete class, but for the sake of argument let's say he has no training at all. If F. Gabe can kill the Wolf then he can cut off Jessie's arm. On top of that, the only way he's surviving the herd is by cutting effers down. Rick and Michonne aren't going to protect him. They'll be too busy taking out walkers and keeping them away from the children. So unless F. Gabe climbs under Carl's poncho and attaches himself to Judith's back, he's gonna have to fight.

4. Back To Top    #74
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Level
    Reasons as to why FG would chop Jessie:

Machete lessons from Carl (The show made sure to focus on that exchange)
    He desperately wants to redeem himself (to Rick, to himself, to whomever...)
    The writers don't want Rick to look too heartless
    FG would earn badass street cred from the audience
    They want to somewhat switch things up from the comics

Reasons as to why Rick would chop Jessie:

Rick is the only TF member that Jessie shares scenes with (she's his storyline)
    Rick has a hatchet (just like he did in the comics for this scene)
    Rick chopped her in the comics (they want to play the scene straight)
    Rick is in the prime position for chop - FG isn't
    We'd yet again be seeing the lengths Rick will go to for his children (but then Carl gets shot anyway - opportunity for more Rick angst)
    Rick chopping Jessie is a bigger mindfuck for the GA than FG chopping Jessie
    The rumor that has been confirmed to be "99.9% true" by the spoiler ninjas states that it will be Rick who chops Jessie

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rick will be the one that chops her. I'm sure of this. FG will most likely help by cutting down zombies (probably saving Rick's life when he's sort of in shock immediately after Carl's injury) and clearing the way and helping to get Rick's kids to the infirmary.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678