Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level

Jessie Anderson Debate Part 2

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Level
    Thanks, why isn't this just called 'Jessie Debate' like the others? I don't have a problem with it, just wondering.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stella Gibson View Post
    Thanks, why isn't this just called 'Jessie Debate' like the others? I don't have a problem with it, just wondering.
    I have no clue but I just copied the title and added part two because I figured it wouldn't cause confusion for some. You're welcome.

- - - Updated - - -
    @CarolsCookies can you change the name to Jessie debate part two? Please and thank you.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ready4Ressie View Post
    @CarolsCookies can you change the name to Jessie debate part two? Please and thank you.
    Done. I changed the title of both threads so that it wouldn't cause confusion.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolsCookies View Post
    Done. I changed the title of both threads so that it wouldn't cause confusion.
    Thanks for helping me. :)

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Level
    @Lyra_Verse The change is that she's drifting away from Rick unlike season 5 where she ultimately accepted his help, it's not in a fuck you, you killed my husband! way but more in a I'll handle this with someone else's help (mostly for the sake of her children, Ron especially).
    There's been a lot of talk about Jessie becoming stronger this season, Andy talked about it, that we'll see her evolve and become stronger. Alex too, and she also said she'd like to get dirty and kill some walkers so maybe they'll give her her wish? the whole 'I can take care of myself' and that she wants to learn how to fight has to mean something, and all this hype that she'll be stronger this season, I suppose..
    I will have to see it myself as well to buy it too..

Who opens part 2? this is about to close..
    Yeah, it might mean something. We'll see.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Level
    I was "meh" about Jessie last season because a good part of the ASZ was Twilight Zonish for me in 5b. It seemed a little different in the premiere and I liked how Jessie was letting Rick know that someone else was teacher giving her gun lessons and it wasn't his place to deal with Ron. Whatever happens or doesn't happen between her and Rick in the future, she's showing that she wants(and needs) to become stronger and take care of herself and her children. I liked the scene.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Level
    That's great that unlike in 5b Jessie's focus is on her kids, that she was actually spending time with them. It's still kind of weird how Ron was MIA in 5b and now he's back with a burning hate for Rick and maybe Carl it seems going from the scene with Carl and Enid and him spying on them. But I am not surprised that they are making her "stronger," but I will still side-eye if she goes from weak housewife who couldn't get the strength to leave her douchebag of a husband until another man showed up to take his place and now she's going to be Shera Princess Power in the span of, what, a week, that won't make sense to me and is totally unrealistic when it's taken Carol five seasons to get to where she is now. Remember there's no time jump, and the SP picks right up where the town meeting ended.

As long as they make it realistic with her progression, that makes sense. But I still think that she will be looking to Rick for some protection which to me is how they all wind up together when the mega herd comes through. We all know what usually happens to those that keep proclaiming that they can take care of themselves, and she keeps saying it, which to me does not bode well for her and her boys. We all know that this show has a habit of building up characters before they off them to make their deaths more meaningful, more eventful -- Beth and Andrea being the best examples -- and she hasn't been seen on set since August, so there's that.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Walking along the lonely street of dreams🦋🌸
    Threads
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Level
    I was very impressed with Jessie on Sunday. She was all about being there for her kids, as she should. I thought she handled things with Rick exactly as she should have. I thought AB was very good in the scene, her strongest yet. I liked how she told Rick that Rosita would teach her to shoot and she would teach her kids. She has a plan and I liked that. It was a good scene overall. I'm really hoping we see more of this development from Jessie in later episodes because I liked what I saw in that scene.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAScientist View Post
    I was "meh" about Jessie last season because a good part of the ASZ was Twilight Zonish for me in 5b. It seemed a little different in the premiere and I liked how Jessie was letting Rick know that someone else was teacher giving her gun lessons and it wasn't his place to deal with Ron. Whatever happens or doesn't happen between her and Rick in the future, she's showing that she wants(and needs) to become stronger and take care of herself and her children. I liked the scene.
    I did too, but I found it interesting that Jessie did not appear to have a clue that Rick saved Ron's life (by keeping him falling off the cliff and killing the walkers that were chasing him), nor did Rick even mention that's why he "put his hands on him." I wonder how this conversation would have gone otherwise? Did Ron omit those little details when talking to his mother?

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast